tModLoader Magic Storage

@bluemagic123 Could you possibly make a system where the Magic Storage can 'pump' items from say a Piggy Bank (leaving Coins in there) into the system? Or would an eventual item that allows access into the System Heart without placing an item down planned? (similar to how the Money Trough summons a flying piggy = access to piggy bank)

I second that! :)
Next thing we know, we're getting Ender Chests on Terraria.

We already have Ender Chests, they're called Piggy Banks and Safes in Terraria.

Fair enough :D, but I was mostly refering to the ability to create pouches linked to each of those inventories, and beyond that, the sheer amount of inventory available due to the "color coding". Haha

We already have Ender Chests, they're called Piggy Banks and Safes in Terraria.
I know that we do, but like an ME system in Minecraft, placing items in the Ender Chest and they are sucked out and placed into the ME system.
The Piggy Bank or Safe has items sucked out of it and placed into the Storage Heart System

so is it a glitch that when you stack like a lot of wooden hammers (as a test i was doing) it may stack on top of each other sometimes and sometimes it doesnt, like i search for hammer in the search and there is a stack of 17, then a lot of hammer without stacks, the a stack of 2.

Last edited:
also Im new to this mod I dont get the point of making a storage access (the yellow one) because its literally another storage heart.

not sure if its a glitch but if there is a non connected storage unit and you use the wand, it spams a lot the deactivate and activate and its a bit hard to control. not too big of a problem though

if you have soul of dimensions from another mod which allows you to have infinite reach, it opens the chest from far away but instantly closes it again, doesnt happen with normal terraria chest.

sorry for many of my comments just trying to help btw

Last edited:
The items stack acording to their prefixes, you probably had 17 with no prefix, then all the prefixed ones. The storage access lets you access the same network from a single storage heart, placing another storage heart simply makes another storage network. The infinite reach thing is just some weird interaction between Fargo's and Magic Storage.

The items stack acording to their prefixes, you probably had 17 with no prefix, then all the prefixed ones. The storage access lets you access the same network from a single storage heart, placing another storage heart simply makes another storage network. The infinite reach thing is just some weird interaction between Fargo's and Magic Storage.
oh ok that should clear up a lot of my things. thank you very much man

so what is this storage crafting interface? how does it work. also when i trash my items it goes to the storage heart is that supposed to happen

The Crafting Interface will be a future implementation, so don't use it yet. The trash slot is used as a shortcut to allow shift-clicking items in the storage system.

so if trash anything from any mod will it go already into my storage system? thats sounds awesome and very helpful, but i dont want to accidently trash a really good mod item and it going away for away. i hope it works 100% haha

btw that crafting interface thing sounds amazing and cant wait

Man, I think the trash thingy only works when you have the Storage Interface open. When you're all round, trash is trash.

I have a request, can the storage units act as platforms? Kinda want to toss a crafting station on top of the remote storage access I have in my crafting room.

Question: What is the use of the "Creative storage unit"? I haven't been able to find any difference between the normal units and the creative unit.
It can only be obtained by cheating, and it basically lets you withdraw any item in the game from the storage network.

@bluemagic123 Could you possibly make a system where the Magic Storage can 'pump' items from say a Piggy Bank (leaving Coins in there) into the system? Or would an eventual item that allows access into the System Heart without placing an item down planned? (similar to how the Money Trough summons a flying piggy = access to piggy bank)
I do have plans to eventually make a remote portable access that can be used from anywhere.

I have a request, can the storage units act as platforms? Kinda want to toss a crafting station on top of the remote storage access I have in my crafting room.
That sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately Terraria itself is bugged so I'm not sure how it would work (notice how you can't stand on a Storage Unit after you upgrade it).

Here is a little suggestion:
change the "sort by stack" to sort by numbers
because i have 5 suspicious tentacles and it count it as 5 stacks so its on the top of my interface

pls finish the portable remote quick i need that

It can only be obtained by cheating, and it basically lets you withdraw any item in the game from the storage network.

I do have plans to eventually make a remote portable access that can be used from anywhere.

That sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately Terraria itself is bugged so I'm not sure how it would work (notice how you can't stand on a Storage Unit after you upgrade it).

Well if you can't do it, not a big deal. A better idea I had is to have the option to show only weapons of a certain damage type.

Back
Top Bottom