tModLoader Magic Storage

How do we use the remote storage access?

Very carefully.

You need have the locator thing in your toolbar, maybe, probably, its what worked for me.
then you have to click the storage heart
go to the remote access location
make sure it's place where you want it
click it, just click it good. right click it and it should set to that location and consume the locator.
Enjoy being able to access the bank from that location.
Took me a bit to figure it out, kept trying to pick it up and click on the storage access.

Dear god, this is amazing! No more cluttered chest rooms, or in-game hours spent searching for that one item... Brilliant! That said, please make the advanced linker remember the adress of a heart even after being used once. Its kinda defeating the purpose if you still have to run back every time after all.

Having an issue with the photos taken with the Expedition Mod. You may want to check that out, difficult to explain. The photo's are unique using stack size, and break when put into magic storage, and then can't be removed. Maybe a "Destroy item" button could be added, in case of conflicts like this? (you end up with an item called "Damaged Photo" that seems to have an infinite stack size of)

It seems to have stopped at the moment and I have not been able to replicate it, but I did notice that the items that went missing were only non-stackable items that I had in quantities of one. It could be that those were the only ones I have noticed, but maybe that could help you somehow.

Sorry if this has been answered before but with this mod is everything stored in one spot or can I make separate "Networks"

For instance one for Ores and Bars, One for monster bits, one for potions and reagents.

And if it is possible then is it also possible to name them?

I'll be honest I've just installed the mod yesterday and haven't started playing around with it because I've been busy with a rather large farm build but I'd like to know in advance before I jump in and commit to dealing with my 50 billion chests (ok more like 20 chests but it feels like 50 billion)

Thanks in advance

The mod is awesome.

But there's a little bug I think, whenever the storage is open and I try to trash something, the thing that I tried to trash goes back to the storage.

hi, I made 2 demonite storage units. When I went to put 1 down, the other one dissapeared. Is this a bug when I have more than 1 storage unit, another one gets consumed?

I mean like I had 2 in my inventory ready to place down. I put one on the ground and the other one in my inventory disappeared. :p

I got what you meant, I had to have mine in my inventory to place them. All 3 times I've moved them. Have you tried to replicate this? I'd get cheat sheet first so you can just cheat them in to test it.

Yeah I used cheat sheet to get 9999 storage units. I put one down and it goes to 9998, then a second later the stack goes to 9997. This isnt a big deal, it might just be something on my end :p. This was happening in multiplayer, havnt tried it in singleplayer yet :)

Remote storge Access can't use in 1.3.4.4, I tried so many times. And the distance active with storge heart are too short. IF the future edition can setting the categories and choose name by yourself will much better.

Yeah I used cheat sheet to get 9999 storage units. I put one down and it goes to 9998, then a second later the stack goes to 9997. This isnt a big deal, it might just be something on my end :p. This was happening in multiplayer, havnt tried it in singleplayer yet :)

Yeah, multiplayer and mods get kinda weird sometimes and does random things. Spirit mod had a bug with their event that kept it going forever in multiplayer, but it worked just fine in single player. Just try single player to make sure, then report back. The more info you can give them about it the better.

Pretty major issue atm.... at first it did not affect me, but affected others, now it affects everybody.
NOBODY can access the storage. When we click to access, i just hides all of our vanity items.
Any fixes for this?

So this is probably a dumb question, and I can probably predict the answer, but I'm really hoping it's not what I think it is.

So I've had to learn the hard way that using TEdit totally breaks the Simple Auto-Chests mod (the chests can't be opened and have to be mined, wiping their contents in the process, and placed back down in order to be fixed again), and I was just about to open my world for editing when I realized...what if it breaks Magic Storage? I'm not about to risk losing almost 700 item slots worth of progress in order to test it, so in short:

Would using TEdit destroy my storage?

Back
Top Bottom