tModLoader Magic Storage

Hello - first off thanks for the mod, love having all my storage in one place. However, with Terraria 1.3.5 and Tmod 0.10, I've noticed an issue with UI scaling. The Magic Storage interface only works with scaling set to 100% - otherwise the cursor doesn't line up with what you try to click on. If I scale to 125% (my usual setting), then my mouse doesn't line up in Magic Storage, but it does for the base game. If I scale back to 100%, it works fine again.
I can confirm this. It's really hard having my scaling at 100% because at 4k the menu is tiny, so I have to squint to see anything which ends up hurting my eyes. Would be really nice to have a fix for this.
I'm aware of the bug, and will fix it for the next update (at the same time the crafting interface gets released).

Hey, I was testing out this mod today to see if I should use it and i discovered something. Whenever I would try to trash something in my inventory it would automatically transfer to the Storage system. I don't know if this is suppodes to happen or not, but if I could get an answer that'd be great!

Hey, I was testing out this mod today to see if I should use it and i discovered something. Whenever I would try to trash something in my inventory it would automatically transfer to the Storage system. I don't know if this is suppodes to happen or not, but if I could get an answer that'd be great!
As far as I know, that is intended as a method to get items into the system fast

Yeah, I believe this is intended as a way to "shift + click" to transfer items quickly.

However, an item that is in the trash but has not actually been 'deleted' is transferred from your inventory to the system. For example, lets say I just trashed a tombstone but didn't fully delete it. The same tombstone would no longer be in my trash slot, but instead in the system itself.

Hello there. I made an account just to make some suggestions here. The first is the crafting system. To ensure that it is balanced it should require that you have each of the crafting stations you will use, but putting everyone in the recipe would make it inaccessible until endgame, instead, I think you should add two new blocks, a crafting core, which is essentially a container for crafting tiles such as a workbench or a furnace or anvil. It should start with a low number of slots but be upgradable with the preexisting upgrades to hold more. Then have a crafting access tile, from here you should be able to craft as if you were standing in front of all of the crafting tiles inside of the crafting core. These should be crafted using amber because I believe that is the only gem you have not used yet. The next suggestion is about filtering. I don't know how plausible it would be, but adding a whitelist/blacklist system to access points would be useful. I know there are existing filters, but having remote access in certain areas, you only need specific items, so for instance, if you had a potion area you could have a remote access there and have it filtered to potion plants, fish, etc but you could still be connected to your main network. Finally, a NPC could be nice for the mod. A few suggestions would be selling shadow diamonds or another component added required for upgrades, another crafting component for wireless access(so as to make it more difficult to attain), and a component for an ammo that would inflict enemies with a debuff that gives them a slight chance of dropping gems or other crafting components for your mod. I love this mod so far, so I thought I would make some recommendations on what I thought would make it better, I don't expect these to be added, but it might help inspire you for future changes. Thanks for reading.

I can't wait for crafting interface implement.
Hope there will be a tabs(like vanilla/decoration/modded...) with switchable and upgradeable 'toolstations'.
Great job and good luck.

However, an item that is in the trash but has not actually been 'deleted' is transferred from your inventory to the system. For example, lets say I just trashed a tombstone but didn't fully delete it. The same tombstone would no longer be in my trash slot, but instead in the system itself.
This has been fixed for the next update; I added a hook to tModLoader just to make this fix possible :dryadtongue:

Hello there. I made an account just to make some suggestions here. The first is the crafting system. To ensure that it is balanced it should require that you have each of the crafting stations you will use, but putting everyone in the recipe would make it inaccessible until endgame, instead, I think you should add two new blocks, a crafting core, which is essentially a container for crafting tiles such as a workbench or a furnace or anvil. It should start with a low number of slots but be upgradable with the preexisting upgrades to hold more. Then have a crafting access tile, from here you should be able to craft as if you were standing in front of all of the crafting tiles inside of the crafting core. These should be crafted using amber because I believe that is the only gem you have not used yet. The next suggestion is about filtering. I don't know how plausible it would be, but adding a whitelist/blacklist system to access points would be useful. I know there are existing filters, but having remote access in certain areas, you only need specific items, so for instance, if you had a potion area you could have a remote access there and have it filtered to potion plants, fish, etc but you could still be connected to your main network. Finally, a NPC could be nice for the mod. A few suggestions would be selling shadow diamonds or another component added required for upgrades, another crafting component for wireless access(so as to make it more difficult to attain), and a component for an ammo that would inflict enemies with a debuff that gives them a slight chance of dropping gems or other crafting components for your mod. I love this mod so far, so I thought I would make some recommendations on what I thought would make it better, I don't expect these to be added, but it might help inspire you for future changes. Thanks for reading.
So far my current work on the crafting system has a Crafting Interface block that you can put up to 10 crafting stations in (so like the core and the access combined). I really like your whitelist/blacklist idea; I will try to put that into a future update.

v0.4
-Added native support for shift-clicking - your trash will no longer be put into storage
-Added the Crafting Interface
-Added some Russian and Polish translations
-Now works with UI scaling

The crafting interface is finally finished! Have fun everyone! The OP will be updated with information soon.

Reactions: Ker
v0.4
-Added native support for shift-clicking - your trash will no longer be put into storage

The crafting interface is finally finished! Have fun everyone! The OP will be updated with information soon.

If the Crucible of the Cosmos from Fargos Mutant works in this, this is going to be the best crafting/storage system ever.

This has been fixed for the next update; I added a hook to tModLoader just to make this fix possible :dryadtongue:

So far my current work on the crafting system has a Crafting Interface block that you can put up to 10 crafting stations in (so like the core and the access combined). I really like your whitelist/blacklist idea; I will try to put that into a future update.
I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if it's actually bugged, but the crafting interface doesn't seem to recognize any crafting station besides a workbench (all 3 vanilla furnaces, both anvils, modded stations such as the Draedon Forge from calamity, etc.) so nothing but wooden weapons and a few other basic things are craftable

Edit: Upon closer inspection there are items that use a workbench that don't work, and items that don't require a station also seem to be broken
http://imgur.com/a/DEH2X

Last edited:
v0.4

Thanks for the update! However, when I open the Crafting Station, it seems the strings aren't being read correctly. It has "Mods.MagicStorage.CraftingStations", Recipes, SelectedRecipe, Ingredients, and StoredItems strings, rather than what I assume should be localizations (my game is set to English). Also, are you supposed to be able to take your newly crafted item from the Crafting Station, or are you required to retrieve it from your Storage?

Thanks again! Especially for the UI scaling fix!

I just came across this mod, and its really god, but when I try to put items into the storage crafting interface it just puts them in the storage heart

I too have not been able to get the crafting stations to work.
screenshot8.png

I'm just trying to get a furnace built here but while it shows in the bottom right the craft isn't allowed.

I just came across this mod, and its really god, but when I try to put items into the storage crafting interface it just puts them in the storage heart

I am having this same issue.
And I'd like to ask, is there an option so that it only shows what you can craft, and not everything that is craftable (basically, no red squares).

Well, crafting works, just have to manually add stations into the crafting stations slots.
Thing is, adding anything to that UI or crafting anything makes game freeze for 1-2s which pretty annoying, I'd assume it's cause it loads every item in game every time...?
So as the guy above me said, why not show only items that you can craft? I only have calamity and few really small mods as content mods and it's already laggy enough, could imagine how worse it could get if i add Thorium and Spirit for example.
Also the descriptions seem kinda off, like the Mods.MagicStorage.xxxxxx.

Excuse me if im asking a dumb question.. what version is this mod for? cause when i launch it with 1.3.4.4 TmodLoader version it crashes on start :/ (have other mods installed)

I believe the Crafting Station problems were due to a mod, for me being Experience & Classes. Dev released an update that fixed a crafting issue and now it's working.

So far, daaang, this is so good. Thank you so much for this!

I ended up submitting a bunch of issues on github -- I hope that's OK, it just seemed like a good way to provide the feedback. <3

Back
Top Bottom