tModLoader Magic Storage

Yes, that should be fine (though you posted the .twld.bak, not the .twld).
Anyway, all tile entities are gone in this data, which would include the storage system and the turrets from Calamity's labs as well. Try to load a backup of the world from that folder I mentioned earlier.
Sadly that still didnt work. Am I out of luck?

Last edited:
Hey, I absolutely love Magic storage, however, I'm having an issue in multiplayer 1.4, my friend and I crafted the system and had it working fine, ~167 items with a few crimtane units, I relogged for a separate issue and now see 0/480, if I place a block in there, it shows as 1/480, the weird thing is, my friend sees 167 still (he hasn't relogged) and when I put items in there, it goes up for him too (168)
wEf7JXQ.png

How do I fix this? We're in the process of transferring everything to chests. Thank you

"Antisocial",
"BannerBoost",
"Fargowiltas",
"HookStatsAndWingStats",
"levelplus",
"MagicStorage",
"OreExcavator",
"RecipeBrowser",
"SummonersAssociation",
"WingSlotExtra",
"AccessorySlotFix",
"AdvancedWorldGen",
"AlchemistNPCLite",
"AmuletOfManyMinions",
"ArmorReforge",
"AutoTrash",
"CompareItemStats",
"CraftingTreeGenerator",
"EchoesoftheAncients",
"EmpressBoots",
"GadgetGalore",
"GodNPC",
"HighTrees",
"HPAware",
"Lepton",
"MaxStackExtra",
"NoFishingQuests",
"OneStopNPCShop",
"QwertyMod",
"ShorterRespawn",
"StarsAbove",
"SummonersShine",
"TerrariaNoRangePylon",
"TooManySlots",
"tunasQualityofLife",
"UnlimitedBuffSlots",
"VitalityMod",
"WMITF"
Pn2Ff8T.png

So far we've tried:
Destroying the heart and replacing it (with 4 random items) same thing, he sees nothing while I see all 4, when I relog, I see nothing too, but I can "restock" and get the items back
Destroying the connections and placing the heart next to the storage
Letting destroying the empty storage and replacing

Nothing thus far, about to restart the server, will edit to see if that helps.

Edit: Upon restarting the server, the items are there for the first person to log in, but after a relog, they're no longer there, some weird server/client synchronization stuff going on, not too sure how to fix it on my side.

[15:21:43] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [Terraria]: Connecting to 127.0.0.1:7777
[15:21:43] [Main Thread/INFO] [tML]: Server reports AllowVanillaClients set to False
[15:21:43] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [StatusText]: Freeing unused resources
[15:21:43] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [StatusText]: Loading map data
[15:21:44] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [StatusText]: Drawing map
[15:21:44] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [StatusText]: Receiving tile data
[15:21:44] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:44] [Main Thread/INFO] [Terraria]: Entering world with player: Jerick the third, IsCloud=False, Size=8400x2400
[15:21:44] [Main Thread/DEBUG] [tML]: Hook On.Terraria.Player::GetAnglerReward() added by tunasQualityofLife
[15:21:44] [Main Thread/ERROR] [tML]: System.IO.IOException: Read underflow 2 of 4 bytes
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.BinaryIO.SafeRead(BinaryReader reader, Action`1 read) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\BinaryIO.cs:line 53
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.ReceiveModData(BinaryReader reader) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\WorldIO.cs:line 421
[15:21:44] [Main Thread/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by ModifiedWorld from the AdvancedWorldGen mod.
[15:21:45] [Main Thread/ERROR] [tML]: System.IO.IOException: Read underflow 2 of 4 bytes
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.BinaryIO.SafeRead(BinaryReader reader, Action`1 read) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\BinaryIO.cs:line 53
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.ReceiveModData(BinaryReader reader) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\IO\WorldIO.cs:line 421
[15:21:45] [Main Thread/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by ModifiedWorld from the AdvancedWorldGen mod.
[15:21:45] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:46] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:46] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:46] [10/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: [Ore Excavator - The 1.4 Successor to Vein Miner] - v0.6.0
[15:21:46] [10/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: Hey, thanks for using OreExcavator!
[15:21:46] [10/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: We recently updated, so your configurations are most likely gone; But fear not!
[15:21:46] [10/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: New and improved configs have taken their place, both serverside and clientside.
[15:21:46] [10/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: Be sure to check them out before playing again if you haven't already!
[15:21:48] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:48] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:49] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:49] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:50] [31/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving map data
[15:21:53] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [Terraria]: Connecting to 127.0.0.1:7777
[15:21:54] [Main Thread/INFO] [tML]: Server reports AllowVanillaClients set to False
[15:21:54] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [StatusText]: Freeing unused resources
[15:21:54] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [StatusText]: Loading map data
[15:21:54] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [StatusText]: Drawing map
[15:21:54] [TCP Client Thread/INFO] [StatusText]: Receiving tile data
[15:21:55] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:55] [Main Thread/INFO] [Terraria]: Entering world with player: Jerick the third, IsCloud=False, Size=8400x2400
[15:21:55] [Main Thread/DEBUG] [tML]: Hook On.Terraria.Player::GetAnglerReward() added by tunasQualityofLife
[15:21:55] [Main Thread/ERROR] [tML]: System.IO.IOException: Read underflow 2 of 4 bytes
[15:21:55] [Main Thread/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by ModifiedWorld from the AdvancedWorldGen mod.
[15:21:56] [31/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: [Ore Excavator - The 1.4 Successor to Vein Miner] - v0.6.0
[15:21:56] [31/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: Hey, thanks for using OreExcavator!
[15:21:56] [31/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: We recently updated, so your configurations are most likely gone; But fear not!
[15:21:56] [31/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: New and improved configs have taken their place, both serverside and clientside.
[15:21:56] [31/DEBUG] [OreExcavator]: Be sure to check them out before playing again if you haven't already!
[15:21:58] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:58] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:59] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:21:59] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:22:01] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0
[15:22:01] [Main Thread/INFO] [SummonersShine]: [Byte Fixer]0

I attached the server log although I can't really see an issue there.

Attachments

• server.log
    873.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
HI,

I've got an odd issue where I cannot place storage connectors in certain spots around my base, I need to then place a access point or crafting point or storage to be bale to continiue my run. Kind of beats the purpose of using the connectors whilst trying to make my base look nice.

Any ideas why it sometimes doesn't want to place a block? P.s. We're post skeletron and I dnon't want to use the remote blocks immediatly.

I also have an additional question.
Whilst making long runs (down my hellevator) It's quiet annoying you cannot hook up 2 connectors that aren't part of an active grid to one that is. It makes it verry annoying when you missed a block and then need to pick all the wrong ones up again.
Is there a way to force place a connector?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image_2021-10-19_184602.png
    image_2021-10-19_184602.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 167
Dunno if this has been answered already or not, but will anything bad happen if I remove the Storage Heart while it's connected to other storage containers?

Hey guys
I've been having and issue while using magic storage on 1.4 alpha
The issue is: when magic storage is enabled, i cant interact with thing in my inventory (e.g., expert bags, herb bags)
Hope the fix come soon :D

Hey guys
I've been having and issue while using magic storage on 1.4 alpha
The issue is: when magic storage is enabled, i cant interact with thing in my inventory (e.g., expert bags, herb bags)
Hope the fix come soon :D
See the other Magic Storage thread (link). It has a post which mentions how to install the temporary fix.

When I try to upgrade my storages to hellstone, all my furniture got invisible like I can't see them but I can still use and after a while that happened to my npcs too. I used extensible inventory mod to emptying my system to be able to use pickaxe on them but it crashed the game

Attachments

• 20211109_001839.jpg
    20211109_001839.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 100
Is there a Max amount of Storage cells that can be attached to a storage heart? I ask because I can only seem to attach 6 Storages before its any more stop responding

Currently running 1.4. I'm running into this error if I mouse over the slotsi n the crafting interface, there are also way too many crafting spots.
dotnet_hQzvMIacMf.png

I know it's hard to read but its black on black text.

Attachments

• dotnet_C7FO49gx53.png
    dotnet_C7FO49gx53.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 91
Currently running 1.4. I'm running into this error if I mouse over the slotsi n the crafting interface, there are also way too many crafting spots. View attachment 348902

I know it's hard to read but its black on black text.
The version in the workshop hasn't been updated yet.
There's another Magic Storage thread (by me) that contains a link to a Discord server with a fixed version in it.

for some reason barely anything in this mod works properly for me, like when I tried to upgrade a storage unit to demonite, I couldn't do it by right clicking it with the upgrade, so I had to take everything out and then craft it with the upgrade. then when I placed it back it wouldn't connect to the storage heart, even when I moved them both. now the storage heart is corrupted or something because it won't connect to any storage units except the original ones that were placed down. storage access and remote storage access just don't work at all, and every crafting recipe in the mod appears 3 times in the menu, sometimes with different amounts of ingredients. there are way more problems too but if I listed them all this would become an entire essay, so I won't.

for some reason barely anything in this mod works properly for me, like when I tried to upgrade a storage unit to demonite, I couldn't do it by right clicking it with the upgrade, so I had to take everything out and then craft it with the upgrade. then when I placed it back it wouldn't connect to the storage heart, even when I moved them both. now the storage heart is corrupted or something because it won't connect to any storage units except the original ones that were placed down. storage access and remote storage access just don't work at all, and every crafting recipe in the mod appears 3 times in the menu, sometimes with different amounts of ingredients. there are way more problems too but if I listed them all this would become an entire essay, so I won't.
Magic Storage - Extra does not interact with Magic Storage at all.
Either use one mod or the other, not both.

Currently find myself unable to open tresure bags, and similar items with the mod loaded in the 1.4 alpha.

Is there any way to fix this, or will i just have to "un-load" the mod anytime i want to open a tresure bag or a similar item?

Back
Top Bottom