Game Mechanics Make a confirmation prompt when deleting a character

Zantharus

Terrarian
My kid turned 10 today, had a beautiful day playing her favorite game Terraria with me and her little sister among other things... and then after dinner she went to play a little more and her mouse glitched, and she hit delete instead of play. And the character she'd been working on for months just went poof. Was happy all day for her birthday and then went to bed sobbing uncontrollably :(

Is there any way to make a prompt like, "Are you sure you want to delete this character?".

Hopefully her mouse doesn't glitch any more!

My kid turned 10 today, had a beautiful day playing her favorite game Terraria with me and her little sister among other things... and then after dinner she went to play a little more and her mouse glitched, and she hit delete instead of play. And the character she'd been working on for months just went poof. Was happy all day for her birthday and then went to bed sobbing uncontrollably :(

Is there any way to make a prompt like, "Are you sure you want to delete this character?".

Hopefully her mouse doesn't glitch any more!
If you are lucky, her save files should still be in the Recycling Bin. If you were to restore them, they should be as good as new.

With that said, it's always good to keep manual backups of your worlds, although I agree a confirmation prompt wouldn't be a bad idea.

EDIT: I've just checked, and there is most certainly a confirmation prompt when attempting to delete a character, at least on Windows; I don't expect Mac to be any different, but could you create a blank character and delete it just to be sure?

Last edited:
I wasn't able to find her save files, but there is indeed a confirmation prompt. I feel stupid now, she assured me there wasn't. Thanks for pointing that out, sorry for the trouble!

I wasn't able to find her save files, but there is indeed a confirmation prompt. I feel stupid now, she assured me there wasn't. Thanks for pointing that out, sorry for the trouble!
If you'd like to re-create her character, you can use this online inventory editor (no downloads or mods required). It's the inventory editor I personally prefer. As long as your daughter is able to remember what items she had on her character, you can add them back with relative ease. You can even set her health and mana to match what they were originally, should you wish to.

I'm not a mac user, so I can't offer direct instruction on how to use terrasvr with mac, but I did find a youtube guide, which you can watch here.

Best of luck! ^.^ Hopefully she's able to continue enjoying the game :D

Back
Top Bottom