Game Mechanics Make destroying the Bee Larvae the same process as Plantera's bulb.

Finich

Official Terrarian
I'm a bit of a clutz, so I'll do stupid things every now and then.
One of them is forgetting the Bee Larvae can be destroyed by weapons, tiles, torches, etc.
For Ex: I recently tried to look for where the larvae is so I don't break it, and placed torches to light up the hive. I accidently placed one inside it.
Boom, unprepared fight.
So, I propose that it's the same as the bulb. Only breakable by pick, drill or block-breaking explosions.
It's a small change that, the way I see it, would really just make it easier on some of the new players, along with other clutzes.

I'm a bit of a clutz, so I'll do stupid things every now and then.
One of them is forgetting the Bee Larvae can be destroyed by weapons, tiles, torches, etc.
For Ex: I recently tried to look for where the larvae is so I don't break it, and placed torches to light up the hive. I accidently placed one inside it.
Boom, unprepared fight.
So, I propose that it's the same as the bulb. Only breakable by pick, drill or block-breaking explosions.
It's a small change that, the way I see it, would really just make it easier on some of the new players, along with other clutzes.
I accidently broke one on my expert mode world..... I had cactus armor and a bow... I won :}

This gains my full support.

Getting rid of the paranoia of traveling around beehives trying to avoid having an enemy or myself accidentally break the Larvae and fight the Giant Bee I'm not prepared to fight yet would be very helpful. (Especially for Expert Mode which requires far more preparation compared to Normal Mode)

God yes, on my last playthrough with my friend who has never played Terraria the Jungle was 3 blocks to the right of my spawn point. The Hive was so high it was ABOVE GROUND. I threw a few bombs that were in a chest onto it. Since the inside is dark, I don't see that the Hive is ON THE TOP OF IT AND I SUMMON BEE AND WE GET SPAWN CAMPED UNTIL WE KILL IT WITH COPPER PICKAXES. Great experience :confused:

God yes, on my last playthrough with my friend who has never played Terraria the Jungle was 3 blocks to the right of my spawn point. The Hive was so high it was ABOVE GROUND. I threw a few bombs that were in a chest onto it. Since the inside is dark, I don't see that the Hive is ON THE TOP OF IT AND I SUMMON BEE AND WE GET SPAWN CAMPED UNTIL WE KILL IT WITH COPPER PICKAXES. Great experience :confused:
Reminds me of when I found the jungle close to my spawn in a new large world. When I made my house entrance to a generated cave entrance, I got half way down and it had jungle music. I got really freaked out. Also, the cave led STRAIGHT to a hive....... which I accidentally broke, obviously. Luckily, broke it with a hardmode char.

Support!
By the way, never use waterbolts trying to kill the tiny bees that come out of the hive when you break it.

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom