Weapons & Equip Make Drills Have Better Range.

Would this be a good idea?

• Total voters

ShinyCrobat

Terrarian
This will give people more of a reason to use a drill. With the knockback and melee speed factors of the Pickaxes, there's really no use for drills.

I WAS going to go for speed, but then pickaxes would still be better because, again, melee speed. Though, for non-melee classes, it could still be a good buff.
I remember there was almost an entire thread back on TO about how melee speed DOES NOT INCREASE digging speed and anyone who insists it does is false.

On topic: Given the choice between drills and pickaxes I use pickaxes because I just simply like how different they feel compared to all the pickaxes you're forced to use preHM. I don't see a reason for this.

No. Just no. The whole reason they made hardmode pickaxes was because some people (including me) find the sound of drills incredibly obnoxious.

I remember there was almost an entire thread back on TO about how melee speed DOES NOT INCREASE digging speed and anyone who insists it does is false.

On topic: Given the choice between drills and pickaxes I use pickaxes because I just simply like how different they feel compared to all the pickaxes you're forced to use preHM. I don't see a reason for this.
Well, then maybe a speed up would be good, especially if they're SLOWER than pickaxes right now.
No. Just no. The whole reason they made hardmode pickaxes was because some people (including me) find the sound of drills incredibly obnoxious.
But what about people who DO like the drills? Since the drills are currently slower, they should have SOMETHING to make them equal to the pickaxes.

Well, then maybe a speed up would be good, especially if they're SLOWER than pickaxes right now.

But what about people who DO like the drills? Since the drills are currently slower, they should have SOMETHING to make them equal to the pickaxes.
I don't mind having picks and drills equal, but making drills better than pickaxes (since drills have the same range as picks atm) is just plain unfair to people like me.

They DO equal pickaxes though. Same digging power, same mining speed, same everything except knockback and attack arc. But who would us a pickaxe/drill to fight anyway? Also look at it this way, all drills and pickaxes are the same. Same cost to make, same mining speed, same mining power. They're not meant to be different or betterthan the other. They're meant to be a choice on which to use that DOESN'T force you to miss out on something or be better than something else. They achieve this role prettty well imo.

I don't mind having picks and drills equal, but making drills better than pickaxes (since drills have the same range as picks atm) is just plain unfair to people like me.
It wouldn't be better, since Drills currently don't have the ability to knock away weaker enemies.
They DO equal pickaxes though. Same digging power, same mining speed, same everything except knockback and attack arc. But who would us a pickaxe/drill to fight anyway? Also look at it this way, all drills and pickaxes are the same. Same cost to make, same mining speed, same mining power. They're not meant to be different or betterthan the other. They're meant to be a choice on which to use that DOESN'T force you to miss out on something or be better than something else. They achieve this role prettty well imo.
One, as I said, they don't knock away enemies, two, please watch Foxter's video, they ARE slower.
I used to think drills were cool, then I listened the sound it makes.
Eh, the sound doesn't bother me nearly enough for me to put drills down.

As one the RARE peoples that like drills, I think they should be buffed.
They are slower, less ergonomical against fireballs (They however somewhat make better weapons against slow ennemies...)
Buff them. At least, make them pickaxes equivalents.

And if you're wondering, I am somewhat not bothered by the sound.

I'm pretty sure that drills are faste RN but I'm not sure

The only drill I use is the Laser Drill. I remember when the Draxx could be found in Shadow Chests. It allowed for mining early hardmode ores right off the bat.

Pickaxes > Drills.

Yes, Drills have more basic minig speed, yet this speed can't be increased by buffs. And less range.
So use Pickaxe + Mining Potion + Food Buff + Sugar Rush (optional) and mine.

There was an older suggestion saying maybe drills could have a weaker veinmine feature (chance to break nearby blocks, chance would be higher for better drill tiers).​

Back
Top Bottom