Game Mechanics Make honeyfin giving extra regeneration buff like with honey in a bottle

make the most powerful "healing potion" in pre hardmode even stronger? surely that's a good balancing choice.
That is what I thought as well, well let me pitch it to you this way:
Honey heals 0.5hp/sec while you have the buff. 15 seconds of honey is 7 and a half hit points recovered over that time. If you want to know the complexities (or lack thereof) around health regen let me know and I will explain it.

I rarely find myself ever using honeyfins in the first place, even though I usually end hardmode with a stockpile of hundreds of crates that I did not bother to open. So I support the idea, it's logical, doesn't cause balance issues and may encourage more people to use the item :)

That is what I thought as well, well let me pitch it to you this way:
Honey heals 0.5hp/sec while you have the buff. 15 seconds of honey is 7 and a half hit points recovered over that time. If you want to know the complexities (or lack thereof) around health regen let me know and I will explain it.

I rarely find myself ever using honeyfins in the first place, even though I usually end hardmode with a stockpile of hundreds of crates that I did not bother to open. So I support the idea, it's logical, doesn't cause balance issues and may encourage more people to use the item :)
first of all honey heals 1hp/sec which for 15 seconds is 15 hp, which makes it heal 135 hp per use, which is basically using a mini greater healing potion at that point
add on that, honey makes any debuff which does DoT to you deal less DoT or outright cancels it, which makes it even stronger especially in hardmode
having a general supply of that almost for free is a little too strong

I wouldn't mind if Honeyfin gave Honey buff aswell. At least wasting time farming for it would make sense.
Farming for Honeyfins feels like a waste of time right now, mostly because of how long it takes for a fish to take a bite on Honey.

first of all honey heals 1hp/sec which for 15 seconds is 15 hp, which makes it heal 135 hp per use, which is basically using a mini greater healing potion at that point
add on that, honey makes any debuff which does DoT to you deal less DoT or outright cancels it, which makes it even stronger especially in hardmode
having a general supply of that almost for free is a little too strong
Yeah okay, you are right.
I tested it in game, the wiki is inconsistent on it's description of regeneration values and how they effect the formula.
If anyone knows how to edit the wiki well enough, the formula needs to be updated so the 'buff' value is added after dividing the whole thing by 2.

I wouldn't mind if Honeyfin gave Honey buff aswell. At least wasting time farming for it would make sense.
Farming for Honeyfins feels like a waste of time right now, mostly because of how long it takes for a fish to take a bite on Honey.
Yes, at least it would be worth to farm it because you can just make 100 HPs and 20 HP aren't that loss. It wouldn't be much stronger because you can just use normal honey and that queen bee accessory or its necklace version and they don't even stack so it wouldn't be too imbalanced. I mean it's literally one material and by this logic it should be buffed, it's just a suggestion, by this logic they shouldn't buff hive pack to non-bee weapons but the game is meant to be playable and here are the suggestions how to make it better. It's just same as if you made a honey pools and drank flipper potions but this fish is still useful on hardcore and however in the hardmode you still will use 150 HP ones and it will be very soon.

Back
Top Bottom