Game Mechanics Make Paint Effect Light Color

O============================================================================================================O
Mini-suggestion that is probably impossible to code:

The ability to paint "light emitters"

For example, candles:
Boreal_Wood_Candle.png

At the moment, painting a candle changes the wood color, not the flame, with my suggestion
the flame would also be able to change color with the candle, hopefully also changing the
color of the light it emits from blue.

O============================================================================================================O

For Chandeliers:
Boreal_Wood_Chandelier.png

Since this block is 3 blocks wide, coloring the left and right flames are possible. Clicking on it with
the paint brush will hardly make the wood change color, but with my idea the flame will change with
the wood and change the colors of light it emits, the left and right colors can
combine at the center to produce a nice mixture of light!

O====================================================================O

For something with multiple lights on each side:
Copper_Chandelier.png

Since Paint Brushes work on a block-by-block basis, like the aforementioned chandelier example it
would only have 2 opportunities for coloring, the left and the right, both candles would change
after being slapped with color.

For weird-shaped things:
Mushroom_Chandelier.png

The same logic would still work, chandeliers would all have certain "target points" that
determine where the color would change if painted. For chandeliers as mentioned before, the "target
points" would be the center left and center right blocks of the chandelier as most chandeliers emit light
from these areas.

O====================================================================O

Hanging light-emitters that have a 1 wide x 2 high size:
Heart_Lantern.png

Objects like these would have two "target points" as well, the only difference is that
they are lined up vertically, so if for example you painted the top of the
lantern blue and left the bottom normal, it would be a mish-mash color of
red and blue light to create a sort of purple-y color with small hints of
red and blue present on the outer limits of the light.

Rainbow Torches:
Rainbow_Torch.png

When colored, cycles through the hues of a color? Not to sure on this one I admit, I'd figure it just becomes a gemstone torch! :D
O======================================================================================================================================O

Please let me know what you think of the idea, it just popped into my head after realizing "wait, this isn't a thing?"
But yeah, it might be extremely hard to code, but I don't know anything about coding so...yeah xD​

Back
Top Bottom