Xbox One Map reset

I’m experiencing the same issue. When my main world is loading, “Drawing map:” only gets to 1% and the world loads. My entire map is reset to unexplored. It’s all black like I just started a new world. Every time I load that world this happens. The maps for my other worlds are fine; I can see where I’ve been. This is annoying to say the least.

Last edited:
That's an interesting point - I am only losing exploration progress for one of my maps - but it's one I have put dozens of hours into at this point. Very annoying issue.

I have had this happen for the 5th time now.
i even started a new world because i couldnt get over to rediscover all of my first world again.
Now it has happened 3 times with my new world.
I havent even made it to hardmode yet.
of the 200hrs i played, i spent 150hrs just rediscovering what i already uncovered.

im very sad and frustrated, but i think i will stop playing until this is fixed, as its just not fun to not make any progress.

i have found a way to fix the minimap bug. step 1 you need to load the world with the bug with a different character. step 2 with your second character explore a little bit of the map. step 3 save and exit the world then load the world with your main character and the map should be fixed.

i have found a way to fix the minimap bug. step 1 you need to load the world with the bug with a different character. step 2 with your second character explore a little bit of the map. step 3 save and exit the world then load the world with your main character and the map should be fixed.

Tried that yesterday (after new patch) but it didnt help unfortunatly

Just posting to let anyone who sees this that its still a problem june 5th.

Also tried the second player thing and it did not work, sadly.

Hello all! My brother and i did some fiddling today and found one cause of the map reset, or so we think.

Scenario: local multiplayer xbox one s, host does save and exit without secondary players properly exiting prior, erases secondary players last world map data of their own. For example person a joins person b in person bs world. Person b saves and exits without person a leaving first. Person a starts up their world (most recently played) and world map is erased. Recreatable with this exact scenario.

Also note its only the most recently played world by that character, we tested a character that wasnt involved in the multi and it still had a map.

We think the hosts saving and exiting process might be somehow corrupting or overwriting the secondary players'last played map.

Sorry this is late but has anybody found a possible fix for this? If not then does anybody know if they are working on fixing this glitch?

I had this same problem and I found a solution which got my single player map to start saving again.

Be advised, this is extracted from the bug report I sent in.

Problem:
Had a cache error message in Single player game, continued playing. Noted significant glitching during a blood moon phase after the cache error notice.

After save, exit and reload the following day, all further loading has map load/draw 1% error. Map does not load or "draws to 1%" and opens world with no explored areas shown. Explored areas exist and are shown when traveled to, but do not save when world is exited and reloaded.

Attempted Solution:
**A reported solution of using alternate characters to load map world does not "bump/clear" the error.

Solution:
****Partial fix****
Loading single player map/world in *multiplayer* game mode produces a map load of the initial 1% map error with no traveled areas saved to the map.

Exploration of the affected map/world, then save and exit from multiplayer mode, with a subsequent reload into the affected single player map/world appears to accomplish a "bump/clear" of the error and re-initiate saving all explored map progress.

In subsequent loading, exploring, saving, (testing and repeating) of the single player map/world which was affected the bug appears to be fully "bumped/cleared".

**It should be noted:
Although the bug appears to be fixed the explored portions of the map still necessitate travel to reveal on subsequent map loads. The pre explored map does not load as explored.

Also, when re-exploring the map, the explored portions reappear in large "screen sized chunks", minimizing the need to fully canvas all previously explored areas.

Hope this helps.

This map reset has now happened for a 2nd time as I was prepping to go into hard mode. I did not get a cache error, just the map reset.

The new character/load into world cycle did not work for me. Nor did the favorite/unfavorite cycle.

This is maddening, and more than a little discouraging. I was in the process of rerevealing previously explored areas after the first reset when the new reset occurred.

Such a fundemental flaw.

This map reset has now happened for a 2nd time as I was prepping to go into hard mode. I did not get a cache error, just the map reset.

The new character/load into world cycle did not work for me. Nor did the favorite/unfavorite cycle.

This is maddening, and more than a little discouraging. I was in the process of rerevealing previously explored areas after the first reset when the new reset occurred.

Such a fundemental flaw.
Sorry to hear this @lasynth, it certainly sounds frustrating. If you can notice any pattern of when the map resets that may help lead the developers to a solution. Does it only happen after you've come out of a multiplayer session? Only happens if you're wearing certain gear? Those types of things. Any pattern that can be replicated would be helpful. If we can find a replicable situation we can at least get a workaround going.

Even if you haven't noticed a pattern of what makes this happen, I recommend you send in your information (if you haven't already), with as much detail as possible, straight to the developers here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Sorry to hear this @lasynth, it certainly sounds frustrating. If you can notice any pattern of when the map resets that may help lead the developers to a solution. Does it only happen after you've come out of a multiplayer session? Only happens if you're wearing certain gear? Those types of things. Any pattern that can be replicated would be helpful. If we can find a replicable situation we can at least get a workaround going.

Even if you haven't noticed a pattern of what makes this happen, I recommend you send in your information (if you haven't already), with as much detail as possible, straight to the developers here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

—————————————— Seriously ——————————

This is now happening at each log in. With the number of people for which this is a problem, over the length of time it’s been a problem, I’m wondering why this isn’t classified as a P1 bug.

Further, I keep seeing folks, myself included, being directed to a form to send to devs. Are you saying that devs are not looking at this forum labeled “Console Bug Reports”? I’m confused on this one

—————————————— Seriously ——————————

This is now happening at each log in. With the number of people for which this is a problem, over the length of time it’s been a problem, I’m wondering why this isn’t classified as a P1 bug.

Further, I keep seeing folks, myself included, being directed to a form to send to devs. Are you saying that devs are not looking at this forum labeled “Console Bug Reports”? I’m confused on this one
Well, no one can say if it is or isn't classified as a P1. Maybe it is and they can't track down the cause, or maybe it isn't and they have much bigger bugs, like crashes and freezes, to attend to. That's not discounting it being an extremely frustrating bug that you yourself are experiencing, just that there could be a lot of reasons or situations why it hasn't been fixed yet. I don't blame you for being frustrated :) just trying to offer some possibilities.

Pipeworks, the console and mobile developers, come to these forums occasionally and check in on the posts. However, from the very beginning they have found that their bug report form (the link that keeps being linked to people) is a much much more effective way of collecting the information for bugs so that it can go straight into their database. Posting the bugs here is helpful in that it can alert other players to a new bug, other players can chime in and confirm that they too are having the same bug, sometimes what people report as "bugs" here are not and we the community can let them know that, or we can help out others by offering workarounds to bugs. But to make sure that Pipeworks gets the information, the fastest, easiest way is to use their bug report form. I like to encourage players to do both - post here and send in the form, but if you're busy and only have time for one and want to make sure it's seen by the people that are actually fixing the bugs, use the link. :)

Back
Top Bottom