Weapons & Equip Martian conduit armor

I think Martian conduit being used as a block is a little bit of wasted potential.
So I think that you should be able to make gear out of it.
I know it has to compete with post-golem armor, so Ill put that into consideration.

Conduit leggings:
15 defense
+ 8% movement speed and crit chance

Conduit chestplate:
17 defense
+10% damage
34 defense in total

There are different types of Helmets:

Conduit headset (Summoner)
2 defense
+10% summon damage
+2 minion slots
Set bonus:
+2 minion slots
+15% summon damage
A tesla appears above your head that shoots fast moving electricity at enemies every 2 seconds, giving them the electrified debuff. It deals 70 summon damage, and will reduce damage of a hit by 25%, getting destroyed and giving you +20% movement speed for 5 seconds, reappearing after 15 seconds.

Conduit visor set (ranged)
+12 defense
+18% ranged crit chance
+4% ranged damage
Set bonus:
Bullets and arrows will smart bounce off blocks, 3 times, dealing 25% damage and only inflicting Electrified before the first bounce.

Conduit reactor (magic)
+8 defense
+12% magic damage
+80 maximum mana
Set bonus:
+8% magic crit chance
-10% mana costs
Magic attacks will inflict a unique debuff called "radiated"(because its a reactor??) That increases your damage dealt to that target by 15%.
But hitting an enemy has a 1% chance to give you the debuff too
For every 40 mana you regen, you get 1 HP

Conduit Blast helm (melee)
+28 defense
-5% melee speed
+10% melee damage
Set bonus:
-50% melee speed
+50% melee damage
Melee attacks will be much slower, but hit much harder.
(Encourages the use of non Terra blade weapons)
Although this would make the Zenith incredibly broken, but that doesn't matter.

Crafting:
Chestplate: 200 conduit plating, 20 wires.
Leggings: 200 conduit plating, a teleporter.
Any helmet: 100 conduit plating.

Now, what would this add to the game?
1. An incentive to not immediately go to cultist post golem, and an incentive to do the Martian madness.
2. A viable alternative to the usually repetitive post golem armor progression.
3. A use for conduit plating, making it more like Spooky wood than just a useless block that you throw away or sell without a second thought.

This took quite a while, so please tell me your thoughts!
Edit: overhauled a few things at the request of @J Bame

Last edited:
I made them roughly equal to post plantera armor
Like the headset gives +35% in total, which is 2 more than spooky wood, while also having only 36 defense, 4 less than spooky wood
from my understanding here the headset here gives +25% summon damage and 2 minions without the set bonus? then with the set bonus 2 extra minions and tesla set effect?

Conduit headset (Summoner)
2 defense
+25% summon damage
+2 minion slots
Set bonus:
+2 minion slots
A tesla appears above your head that shoots fast moving electricity at enemies every 2 seconds, giving them the electrified debuff. It deals 70 summon damage, and will absorb a hit, getting destroyed and giving you +20% movement speed for 5 seconds, reappearing after 10 seconds.

I was actually considering giving the headset 3 minion slots for the increased stats
the summoner headset is already better than the Stardust Helmet
1700617335303.png

And yet it pales in comparison times to the set, even when combined with the other two pieces.
gif-20231121-204851.gif

Summoner conduit set:
+36 defense
+ 35% summon damage
+4 minion capacity
+8% movement speed
A Tesla turret appears above your head that shoots for 70 damage every 2 seconds, and negates a hit of damage in exchange for some speed and not having it for 10 seconds

Its a huge difference

And yet it pales in comparison times to the set, even when combined with the other two pieces.
View attachment 441548
Summoner conduit set:
+36 defense
+ 35% summon damage
+4 minion capacity
+8% movement speed
A Tesla turret appears above your head that shoots for 70 damage every 2 seconds, and negates a hit of damage in exchange for some speed and not having it for 10 seconds

Its a huge difference
I'm just talking about the helmet here, this is really huge for armor mixing, say if you combine the helmet with the valhalla chest and leggings then you have 50 defense, 75% summon damage, +2 minion capacity, 20% melee, massive health regen

I'm just talking about the helmet here, this is really huge for armor mixing, say if you combine the helmet with the valhalla chest and leggings then you have 50 defense, 75% summon damage, +2 minion capacity, 20% melee, massive health regen
I felt that would come up...
Armor mixing has always been powerful, and this isn't really any different

I'd just go more on the set bonus for the summon thing (note that hallowed set for summoner does a similar thing). One thing to also mention is your idea for the melee set that reduces damage in exchange for a high melee speed bonus. Why exactly would this encourage use of non-terra blade melee weapons? I'd think it would be the opposite, since the only time you get a dps bump for melee weapons with melee speed is true melee (includes true melee portions of non-true melee weapons, aka the sword part of beam swords) and terra blade. Then again, I'm not sure if you'd even want it at all. It doesn't make sense to use a -25% melee damage set with +60% melee speed when I could use the beetle scale mail that gives me +44% melee damage and +42% melee speed (both sets give +8% crit), especially since due to use time rounding the extra melee speed might not even matter. The rest of the (melee) set bonus seems like it won't be that impactful as well.

I felt that would come up...
Armor mixing has always been powerful, and this isn't really any different
I believe creating the best summoner helmet in the game would make a difference

So how should I fix it?
Does it really need fixing?
Should I nerf the stats, or lean more on the set bonus?
lean more towards the set bonus, the stats shouldn't go above 20%

I'd just go more on the set bonus for the summon thing (note that hallowed set for summoner does a similar thing). One thing to also mention is your idea for the melee set that reduces damage in exchange for a high melee speed bonus. Why exactly would this encourage use of non-terra blade melee weapons? I'd think it would be the opposite, since the only time you get a dps bump for melee weapons with melee speed is true melee (includes true melee portions of non-true melee weapons, aka the sword part of beam swords) and terra blade. Then again, I'm not sure if you'd even want it at all. It doesn't make sense to use a -25% melee damage set with +60% melee speed when I could use the beetle scale mail that gives me +44% melee damage and +42% melee speed (both sets give +8% crit), especially since due to use time rounding the extra melee speed might not even matter. The rest of the (melee) set bonus seems like it won't be that impactful as well.
Because the Terra blade is only affected by 75% of melee speed bonuses, meaning it wouldn't be as fast, and do less damage.
Although now that I see it, beetle armor is just better, I thought the Electric explosion set bonus would outweigh the beetle set.

At the same time, I also want the melee set to not just do the generic "buff stats yet again with absurd defense"
I believe creating the best summoner helmet in the game would make a difference

lean more towards the set bonus, the stats shouldn't go above 20%
Alright then, ill change the stats.

i like the idea, well thought out too.
good place in progression and gives more reason to fight martians before ML
support!

Back
Top Bottom