NPCs & Enemies Mastershroom (Mushroom biome boss)

R1ch4rd N1x0n

Terrarian
Mastershroom is a boss that only be summoned after defeating all mechanical bosses, and is summoned by destroying this flashing mushroom that is twice the size of a normal glowing mushroom, it is obviously found in a mushroom biome.

The boss looks like an oversized glowing mushroom shaped slightly different (twice the size of Plantera) and has four eyes and a mouth full of razor sharp teeth, and can pickup nearby mushrooms of any type and throw them at you, doing little damage, but builds up as he continuously throws them at you. He can also summon shroom zombies to help himself fight you, he can go through walls, but will only do so if you decide to shield yourself behind blocks. Obviously touching him will hurt you and one of his attacks is shooting sharp mushroom spores at you from his mouth and one of his special attacks is making a ton of mushrooms fly around him and attempts to pull you towards him so he can attack you. Mastershroom moves faster than a normal player so any kind of running boots and any form of flight is highly recommended. When he touches you, it will hurt you and there is a 75% chance you will get confusion. You can also get this effect when hit by his mushroom spores, but here is only 25% chance. The effect lasts for 5 seconds, 10 in expert. Mastershroom does not fly, but rather does a similar thing to plantera to travel in mid air. After about half of his health is gone, he will spin around and his mouth will become much larger, he will become greatly faster, even with speed boots, and he will do a charge attack at the player here and there which is faster than the player by alot, you will need to dodge these charge attacks, and he will also start to shoot mushroom spores at the player at a faster speed. He also gets the ability to fly completely and will go through blocks much more often to avoid projectiles shot by the player. When he is dangerously low on health he will shoot a rope of mushrooms at the player and slowly pull the player towards him, so it is best to stay far from him. He will not go through blocks while doing this attack so you can shoot him while hes pulling you towards him. And when he is pulling you in you must rapidly throw things or shoot things at him and kill him before he pulls you to his sharp teeth and starts to do heavy damage to you and eventually kill you. He can be battled any time after defeated all mech bosses, but he is not meant to be fought before Plantera, but we are not going to stop you from doing so.

The music that plays when fighting him is a remix of the mushroom biome music and has a similar pattern to the plantera music.

Mastershroom drops these items.

100 Glowing Mushrooms-
- 100% Chance to drop from Mastershroom

1-3 Shroomite Bars (only if you have defeated Plantera)-
- 10% Chance to drop from Mastershroom

15 Greater Health Potions-

Now for some new items.

Shroom Bomber (and 30-50 shroombombs, which is the ammo for it)-
- 20% Chance to drop from Mastershroom

Mastershroom trophy-
- Can be placed

Mastershroom mask-
- No stats will be gained
- 15% Chance to drop from Mastershroom

Shroom Blaster-
- 55 Ranged Damage
- Very Fast Speed
- Weak Knockback
- Uses Glowing Mushrooms As Ammo
- Rapid-Fires Glowing Mushrooms

Shroom Slicer-
shroomslicer.png
- 62 Melee Damage
- Fast Speed
- Strong Knockback
- Causes 3-5 Homing Glowing Mushrooms around the enemy upon hitting them.

Mushroom Staff-
Mushroomstaff.png
- 76 Magic Damage
- Very Fast Speed
- Very Weak Knockback
- Uses 13 Mana
- Sets out a white and blue glowing projectile, similar to the Gem Staffs. They pierce 5 enemies.

Fungi Staff-
- 65 Summon damage
- Fast Speed
- No Knockback
- almost like a Sentry Summon. When you place it down, it will place the 'base' of the chain on the nearest block (On a surface) and it will look and act like a Fungi bulb and shoot out small glowing mushrooms that home in on the enemy.

Mushroom Pow-
- 70 Melee damage
- Very strong knockback
- Slow speed

Shroomer (Name definitely subject to change)-
-An accessory that gives all weapons a 33.3% chance to give the confusion debuff by putting a mushroom above their heads.

Expert Mode- Shroom Sack- Like an upgraded Spore Sac. It summons a large glowing mushroom above the player that summons small glowing mushrooms that home in on enemies on the screen at a very fast rate. They each do about 60 damage and can hit 4 different enemies, then they explode with a blast radius a little bit smaller than a grenade. The mushrooms can go through blocs.

Shroom Hook- 32 tile reach and 3 hooks. 12% chance of dropping.

Treasure Bag (Mastershroom)

Now for Mastershroom's stats

-45,000 health, and 25 defense. 35 in second form.
-Picked up mushroom projectiles- 35- 55 damage as the fight goes on
- Shroom Zombies- Like regular zombies but faster and they use attacks like the truffle NPC and they summon homing mushrooms around them.
- Sharp Mushroom spores that it shoots- 50-85 damage as fight goes on
- Contact Damage- 60 Damage
- Charging in second form- 80 Damage
- After you have been pulled in by mushroom rope- Constant stream of 90 damage. (Once every half second)
- Like Plantera, and Duke Fishron if you go out of the mushroom biome, it will get enraged, doubling, or maybe tripling all stats. (Speed, Damage, Defense, etc.)

Credit to @Sean vahey for alot of things on this list.

This music could be what plays when fighting him, this is not my video, credit goes to the original creator, I asked him for permission but I doubt he will reply so I told him if he doesn't like it then he can send me a message saying so and I will remove it. Also, credit to @JacksonFE for linking me to this video in the comments.

Last edited:
There's one flaw off the top of my head. Shroomite bars are post plantera. Breaking tiers isn't something you want to do.

Some elaboration can be helpful on the equipment. You should probably spit those up into a dedicated drops section.

Also biome chest keys aren't something to be dropped by a boss.

There's one flaw off the top of my head. Shroomite bars are post plantera. Breaking tiers isn't something you want to do.

Some elaboration can be helpful on the equipment. You should probably spit those up into a dedicated drops section.

Also biome chest keys aren't something to be dropped by a boss.
Well do you like the idea of a mushroom boss?

It's a good idea, but some amendments to tier needs to be made. What I suggest, is that, similar to mothron's drops, don't allow the boss to drop shroomite until Planters has been defeated. Otherwise, interesting concept! I'd like to see some concept sprites or art for these :)

It's a good idea, but some amendments to tier needs to be made. What I suggest, is that, similar to mothron's drops, don't allow the boss to drop shroomite until Planters has been defeated. Otherwise, interesting concept! I'd like to see some concept sprites or art for these :)
Why?

I really like this concept. But just a few problems. One is that the debuff is too OP. In normal mode, no health regen and slow movement speed for 10 seconds? That seems a bit excessive. And maybe have it as something related to the mushroom theme. I think just as a subtle 'adult joke', the debuff makes you confused for a couple of seconds (a reference to the hallucinogenic drug mushrooms). Another thing, this should be Post-Plantera. It seems a lot like a Post-Plantera boss, being twice the size. Also, If you want, I can think of some more drops and stats if you would like :) But overall, I think this is an amazing concept! Great job! :D

I really like this concept. But just a few problems. One is that the debuff is too OP. In normal mode, no health regen and slow movement speed for 10 seconds? That seems a bit excessive. And maybe have it as something related to the mushroom theme. I think just as a subtle 'adult joke', the debuff makes you confused for a couple of seconds (a reference to the hallucinogenic drug mushrooms). Another thing, this should be Post-Plantera. It seems a lot like a Post-Plantera boss, being twice the size. Also, If you want, I can think of some more drops and stats if you would like :) But overall, I think this is an amazing concept! Great job! :D
This was meant to be a plantera like boss, but harder

If you're asking 'why?' to the dropping of shroomite, it's as @crackshotCerberus said; Shroomite is a post-plantera tier material, and making it accessible before then is not a great idea - they're locked behind plantera for a reason.

This was meant to be a plantera like boss, but harder
Also, if it's "meant to be like plantera, but harder" is that not more the reason as to why it should be post plantera?

Once again, a great concept, but refining it here and there will make it even better!

Thank you for then idea I have edited the post.

If you're asking 'why?' to the dropping of shroomite, it's as @crackshotCerberus said; Shroomite is a post-plantera tier material, and making it accessible before then is not a great idea - they're locked behind plantera for a reason.

Also, if it's "meant to be like plantera, but harder" is that not more the reason as to why it should be post plantera?

Once again, a great concept, but refining it here and there will make it even better!
What are you guys meaning by "post plantera"!?

I think he should have these stats-
-45,000 health (assuming he is post-Plantera), and 25 defense. 35 in second form.
- Shroom Zombies- Like regular zombies but faster and they use attacks like the truffle NPC and they summon homing mushrooms around them.
- After you have been pulled in by mushroom rope- Constant stream of 90 damage. (Once every half second)
- Like Plantera, if you go out of the mushroom biome, it will get enraged, doubling all stats. (Speed, Damage, Defense, etc.)
I hope this helps! Obviously, you can make any changes you think are necessary. I didn't try to make it too hard, because mushroom biomes aren't that big and t is a pain to make them bigger, so you don't have much room to make an arena. I tried to add everything you put in your suggestion. Eventually I will try to think of possibly some more drops and stats for the drops that you have already come up with. Bye for now! :D

I think he should have these stats-
-45,000 health (assuming he is post-Plantera), and 25 defense. 35 in second form.
- Like Plantera, if you go out of the mushroom biome, it will get enraged, doubling all stats. (Speed, Damage, Defense, etc.)
I hope this helps! Obviously, you can make any changes you think are necessary. I didn't try to make it too hard, because mushroom biomes aren't that big and t is a pain to make them bigger, so you don't have much room to make an arena. I tried to add everything you put in your suggestion. Eventually I will try to think of possibly some more drops and stats for the drops that you have already come up with. Bye for now! :D
You can fight him anytime after you beat a mechanical boss, but he is not meant to be fought until you have beat Plantera.

If you fight him before beating Plantera it will probably be harder.

You can fight him anytime after you beat a mechanical boss, but he is not meant to be fought until you have beat Plantera.

If you fight him before beating Plantera it will probably be harder.
Oh, okay. I tried to design him to be similar to Golem with the stats. (Also, i'm still thinking of some drops :))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom