Helpful or not.

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alamandra Vonn Pravus

Dungeon Spirit
Hello everybody! Today I decided I was bored, so I decided to create a guide on how to get max health regen in Terraria. Ever have that moment in Terraria when you feel like you just won't heal fast enough? Well, here's your chance to get some info on how to heal (much) faster!

From the Terraria Official Wiki, we learn Health Regen is decided by the formula below.

hlsw6WiZOj_eKijj-nOr7YEJuaU9v1WXjA0a3oulmudqOeDSezzGJRI6HXuPfk_3dd2stFoK1GvJeMqUpqr8dKFs6u1QP9DRSelNq86NnGyyLNE_utDbocIhrWF1soTzAirmgw

The regen part consists of:

The maximum health of the player, and the time that passed until the last hit.

Buffs, are, buffs from things like Campfires and Heart Lamps and all that jazz.

The special part consists of.. welp, I have a bit of a hard time explaining this, so I'll just show you the actual text from the wiki:

move: either 0.5 if the player is moving or 1.25 if the player is standing still

expert: 1, except if the player is in expert mode and has not the well fed buff, then it is 0.5

Alrighty then. All that stuff is rounded to the nearest whole number and divided by two to get regen per second.

Without buffs, any player regenerates at a rate of l hitpoint per second.

Regen can also be explained by this from the Terraria Wiki:

The player has these health regeneration stats:

• Regeneration Time (RT): How long the character has been regenerating for. This normally increases +1 per tick, capped at 3600, and resets to zero when the character takes damage (stopping regeneration).

• Regeneration Rate (R): Hit Points (HP) regenerated per tick (1 point of R is equal to 0.5 HP/s). This increases the longer the RT (the longer the player has been avoiding damage).

• Regeneration Counter (RC): Increases by R per tick, becomes 120 or over, or -120 or less, it will be reduced or increased by 120, and player will gain or lose 1 health.
The Regeneration Rate (R) determines how fast the RC changes. R is normally 0 or positive, but could be negative if the player is inflicted with any life-draining debuffs, like Poisoned.

Calculation
The base Regeneration Rate (R) is mainly determined by the Regeneration Time (RT), player's max Health (mHP), and whether player is standing or moving.

First, The RT is converted to an Effective Regeneration Time (eRT).

• If RT <= 1800, each 300 RT boosts eRT +1.

• If RT > 1800, each 600 RT boosts eRT +1.
Here is an illustration of the relationship between RT and eRT:

RT

0~299

300~599

600~899

900~1199

1200~1499

1500~1799

1800~2399

2400~2999

3000~3599

eRT

Then, the base Regeneration Rate R = (mHP / 400 * 0.85 + 0.15) * eRT

• If the player is standing still, R will be multiplied by 1.25.

• If the player is moving, it will be multiplied by 0.5.
Finally, it will be rounded to the nearest whole number.

So, for a brief conclusion: the longer player not getting hurt, the higher maxim health player has, the higher for the natural health regeneration rate. Also, standing still(using an item or not) give a 2.5X healing bonus comparing to keep moving.

In addition, if the player is in Expert mode and does not have a Well Fed buff, R will be additionally multiplied by 0.5.

Okay. Here we go with the buffs and armour.

Heart Lantern: R+2

Campfire: R+1 and base R times 1.1

Crimson Armour: Base R times 1.5 and RT+1 per tick.

Life Drain: R+3 and RT +5 (R and RT go up for every two mobs affected.)

Rapid Healing: RC+6

Band of Regeneration: R+1

Moon/ Sun/ Celestial Stone/ Shell: R+2

Regeneration: R+4

Dryad’s Blessing: R+6

Life Nebula: Sets R= 0 if it’s less than 0 and R+ 10 for each buff level

Honey’s confusing, so I’ll give you what the wiki says.

If

Then

R <= -4

R boosted +6

-4 < R <= 0

R set to 2

R > 0

R boosted +2

Shiny Stone: When with Well Fed and 600 max health: 32 hitpoints per second.

There you have it. Don’t kill me for directly transcribing some stuff because I’m a lazy :red:.

Last edited:
Alright. So, the player would probably have Mythrill Armor. So no life regen boosts there. They wouldn't usually have regeneration items, but let's say they have a Heart Lantern and Campfire in their arena. Regen rate= around 5.5 health per second when standing in the radius of the campfire and heart lantern.

dang i was just expecting items and armor that gave you the biggest regen boost, not some crazy formula.
whatever, this is cool.

Back
Top Bottom