NPCs & Enemies Maybe the nurse NPC should sell healing potions? (Maybe this can be a game feature??)

The nurse should probably sell healing potions because it kinda suits her role. Anybody agree?
Yes and no, I agree, but I think she shouldn’t sell them till hardmode, and sell healing potions and above after progression, or else this kinda gets rid of the merchant’s lesser healing pots

meh. Making the Nurse a vendor would be Kinda OP— once you bring her in for a boss fight you wouldn't even need to find another NPC to sell your loot to.

Honestly I would prefer if selling healing items was her exclusive role. Currently her only use for me is making the Arms Dealer happy.

I think there's no need for the nurse to sell healing potions when bosses already drop them by default.
but you can prepare for battles easier instead of gathering a lot of ingredients and plus i think the nurse should have another major role in the game

but you can prepare for battles easier instead of gathering a lot of ingredients and plus i think the nurse should have another major role in the game
that would make her a bit more useful
Nurse selling potions is unnecessary, the game has already been done and balanced with all the potions the way it already is, and the nurse is not useless, if you know how to use her services correctly, overcoming the challenges of the game can be easier:

of course it might be different on multiplayer, where the pots and chest one character loots might be less than single player, but in single player, I usually end up with several stacks of healing potion late pre-hardmode.
even more lesser healing potions, (and merchant sells them too) and you can easily turn them into healing potions, once you picked a few glowing mushrooms.

later versions are a bit harder to craft, indeed, but overall don't really see a reason for the nurse to sell them...
in modded by the way, I think alchemist (Alchemist NPCs) sells healing potions too. or their ingredients.

of course it might be different on multiplayer, where the pots and chest one character loots might be less than single player, but in single player, I usually end up with several stacks of healing potion late pre-hardmode.
even more lesser healing potions, (and merchant sells them too) and you can easily turn them into healing potions, once you picked a few glowing mushrooms.

later versions are a bit harder to craft, indeed, but overall don't really see a reason for the nurse to sell them...
in modded by the way, I think alchemist (Alchemist NPCs) sells healing potions too. or their ingredients.
maybe it can be like the feature when different players can't get the other player's loot from a safe or a money trough even if the other player spawned it.

ik this might sound stupid but what about people without mods like console players

@zarkspark
I'm not quite sure how you mean that, like if each players can destroy the same pot or loot the same chest...? I think that wouldn't really work well, in most cases...

And, I just added that as a side note, that I think you can buy healing potions from the alchemist. but really, I don't think I ever bought healing potions from him. I always have tons of healing potions from pots. if you don't, you can still buy them from the merchant, and brew them into healing potions with adding some glowing mushrooms into them.

as far as pre-hardmode concerned, there's also honeyfin, which can be tedious to fish for, but useful for boss fights, it heals 120 HP, 20 more than the healing potion.
in hardmode, greater mimics (which you can spawn via keys too) drop better, and you can also craft those too.
I don't really know about using fragments for healing potions though...

I personally love this idea. Selling healing items makes her infinitely more useful for the tryhards, as her current purpose simply fails to deliver for them in every way.

Back
Top Bottom