Mechanics you want changed in Terraria?

Mage-of-Rage

Duke Fishron
Terraria's an amazing game, don't get me wrong but it ain't perfect. As it's an old game there are numerous of game designs and elements that just hasn't aged well since their introduction, or have one or two things that need tweaking. With what appears to be some QoL changes coming to Terraria soon in the next update what large or small details in the game that you went tweaked or reworked?

Honestly I think an overhaul on the Reforging system is long overdue, not only is it Pure RNG to get the exact Prefix you want it's really tedious to just keep hitting reforge over and over and seeing that "Unreal" pop-out next to your weapon as you accidentally reforge it again.

It'd like it if there was some way to choose which prefix I would want for a weapon for an increase price just so I can get that Legendary for my sword and a Light for my tools and just have the RNG reforge as a random but cheaper alternative. Otherwise just give a prompt once I have a Legendary, Unreal or Mythical weapon if I REALLY want to reforge it again just so I don't have to waste even more money in hopes I get that reforge again.

Honestly I think an overhaul on the Reforging system is long overdue, not only is it Pure RNG to get the exact Prefix you want it's really tedious to just keep hitting reforge over and over and seeing that "Unreal" pop-out next to your weapon as you accidentally reforge it again.
It's also very expensive, making it difficult to get desirable modifiers without expending very large amounts of money, which can be in short supply unless you're a very dedicated grinder or using mods. I do agree with your suggestion of a more expensive option to choose your modifier directly. It would simplify things greatly.

Personally, I'm most annoyed by the fact that the one, single thing in the entire game that can never be carried over to another world, is the extra accessory slot you get on Expert mode. I really don't understand why you're not allowed to use it in Normal mode worlds; if you've once proven yourself to be badass enough to get the extra slot, why in the world aren't you allowed to bring it with you to a Normal mode world? Every single thing in the game can be carried over, except for this. It makes no sense to me, and I would like to see it changed.

On the subject of reforging, i don't think you should just be able to choose a modifier. I think it might be better if you picked a modifier, then when you got it by reforging normally, it would put the item back in the player's inventory so the don't accidentally skip over the prefix they want.

On the subject of reforging, i don't think you should just be able to choose a modifier. I think it might be better if you picked a modifier, then when you got it by reforging normally, it would put the item back in the player's inventory so the don't accidentally skip over the prefix they want.
That'd be a really good QoL change. I think we've all accidentally skipped on the prefix we want because we were spam-clicking reforge.

Back
Top Bottom