PC Medusa needs nerfing

Hi everyone! I just came here to have a bit of a moan and whine about the medusa.
I think that that there needs to be a peice of equipment or an accessory to protect you from getting stoned by the medusa, I think this because the medusa is far too overpowered. My character is fully decked out in Beetle armor (with shell) and all warding accessories, but I still get totally mauled by the medusa, I either get stunlocked so other monsters can tear me to bits, or I die from fall damage.
Nearly every single death i've had in Terraria 1.3 is because of the medusa, I have several marble biomes that I have discovered, the most annoying one is in the jungle where I keep getting stoned over really high drops when I'm not expecting it, and if I don't die, I get killed by moss hornets or angry trappers.
Giant turtles and Moss Hornets are a pushover, but the medusa Is OMG what is this madness?!

I think that we should have some form of defence against the stoned Debuff as I also heard other people complaining about the medusa, and very unfair or unexpected instant deaths.
Maybe the blindfold could protect you from getting stoned? or maybe some sort of shield? both of those things would make sense.
I hope that these features could be implemented because I find the medusa to be a rather unbalanced enemy.

Keep up the brilliant work RE logic! ;)
Cheesebowl

Yup there have been many threads which recently got combined and finally after 32 pages got a response that Medusa is currently working as intended, and there aren't any planned changes around her.
Cenx said:
We have been watching this thread very closely and checking feedback from other social media outlets in order to keep track of community opinion around this issues.

After a number of lengthy discussions and deliberation within the team, we came to the conclusion that we still feel Medusa is working as intended and thus, we do not have any plans to change her mechanics now or in the future.

That said there is a chance that people may experience Medusa a bit differently due to different screen resolutions. Unfortunately this is not something that we can address without making her a pushover encounter for everyone else and thus ruining what we were going for in her design.

Thank you to those of you who were able to have a mature conversation about your concerns, it is always appreciated to get well thought out feedback. Just because we ultimately selected this direction never means that you are not heard or valued. Thanks!

Meanwhile people are still having trouble and, well, I EVEN ASKED TO REPLACE HER WITH A WALKING NUKE.
Not the first time.
latest

She is a pain in the butt,but if you don't look at her,you can tear her to bits.

Meanwhile people are still having trouble and, well, I EVEN ASKED TO REPLACE HER WITH A WALKING NUKE.
Not the first time.
latest
I always liked walking nukes! :D

I've still been killed by her in situations where I had no chance to react. If I didn't read the changelog I wouldn't even be able to tell that she was nerfed.

I wonder how it was like in the past,must've been terrible
It was pretty annoying. I stopped work on a central hellevator because of dying twice (or was it three times?) in rapid succession.

Last time a Medusa stoned me I waited out the debuff timer, then promptly yoyo-ed her into the next Marble-biomed world.

Playing now as a mid-pre-HM character, I think Medusae/Medusas/whatever-you-want-to-call-thems have been nerfed sufficiently. They'll remain annoying but no longer keep me from enjoying the game or being productive. If you can call playing "productive."

You're thinking parallel. Time is serial, and as time passes an adventurer is likely to run into many Medusae.

She's been 'nerfed' to the point of needing a direct line-of-sight, and you have to be facing her. Though... if she sees you before you see her, and you're mid jump...

Got some bad news for you friend.

She's been 'nerfed' to the point of needing a direct line-of-sight, and you have to be facing her. Though... if she sees you before you see her, and you're mid jump...

Got some bad news for you friend.
You always had to be facing her to get stoned, and requiring direct line of sight isn't a nerf, its a fix to make the game work as intended.

You always had to be facing her to get stoned

Wait really? Hm... guess she was just lurking in shadows, then. Or maybe it was pre-patch. All I know is I've been shattered from a fall, dropped from cart tracks into lava, dropped into a horde of angry skeletons, frozen in place with Hoplites dropping from the hole in the roof...

I'm still not fond of the only fix being 'don't look at her', especially when she comes out of nowhere and looks you dead in the eye. Leading to a swift dead... er, death.

Wait really? Hm... guess she was just lurking in shadows, then. Or maybe it was pre-patch. All I know is I've been shattered from a fall, dropped from cart tracks into lava, dropped into a horde of angry skeletons, frozen in place with Hoplites dropping from the hole in the roof...

I'm still not fond of the only fix being 'don't look at her', especially when she comes out of nowhere and looks you dead in the eye. Leading to a swift dead... er, death.
Yeah, there really is no reliable way to avoid dying to her except just "be careful"... Also, I've noticed that the times that I die to Medusa most often is when I'm exploring new caves that haven't been lit up yet. And since there's no way to actively prevent Medusa from killing you, this enemy basically punishes you for exploring caves... in a game about exploring caves...

Yeah, there really is no reliable way to avoid dying to her except just "be careful"... Also, I've noticed that the times that I die to Medusa most often is when I'm exploring new caves that haven't been lit up yet. And since there's no way to actively prevent Medusa from killing you, this enemy basically punishes you for exploring caves... in a game about exploring caves...

This is why I'm hesitant to go spelunking. Even though I really, really want to.

Back
Top Bottom