PC MEFBAEA

Due to my stupidity and a few unexpected real-life events, this took longer than it should've. But here you go @DicemanX - this should work fine.

Press L to lock the screen at your current position. Up/down/left/right move the camera when locked. Plus and Minus (I'm not sure if the numpad ones work - use the keys next to the top row of numbers) change the speed of the camera exponentially. Other than that there aren't any changes in this version :)

Attachments

• Terraria.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 411
Due to my stupidity and a few unexpected real-life events, this took longer than it should've. But here you go @DicemanX - this should work fine.

Press L to lock the screen at your current position. Up/down/left/right move the camera when locked. Plus and Minus (I'm not sure if the numpad ones work - use the keys next to the top row of numbers) change the speed of the camera exponentially. Other than that there aren't any changes in this version :)

Excellent - nice work! Would you mind if I showcased this mod in a future video and give you credit for your work? I'd link this thread for the download as well.

Excellent - nice work! Would you mind if I showcased this mod in a future video and give you credit for your work? I'd link this thread for the download as well.
No problem! That'd actually be great! We do have a heap more features planned that are more convenient than cheaty (e.g. placing hoiks automatically w/out hammering rather than infinite wire and such), so if you're doing a 'showcase' type video, don't do too much yet :p Make sure you also credit @stefnotch and @FSG Gaming!

Thanks!!

No problem! That'd actually be great! We do have a heap more features planned that are more convenient than cheaty (e.g. placing hoiks automatically w/out hammering rather than infinite wire and such), so if you're doing a 'showcase' type video, don't do too much yet :p Make sure you also credit @stefnotch and @FSG Gaming!

Thanks!!

Sure thing - I'll mention in the video that you'll have more interesting quality-of-life features on the way, and credit the others working on this project!

Just tested the 'camera freeze' out with my portal gun speed multiplication track, you have no idea how much I love this! No more seizure inducing screen oscillations!
[DOUBLEPOST=1442020202,1442013061][/DOUBLEPOST]One request, though, can you make it so teleporters don't flash the screen black when the screen is locked?

Just tested the 'camera freeze' out with my portal gun speed multiplication track, you have no idea how much I love this! No more seizure inducing screen oscillations!
[DOUBLEPOST=1442020202,1442013061][/DOUBLEPOST]One request, though, can you make it so teleporters don't flash the screen black when the screen is locked?
I guess I and five--three will have a look at this.
[DOUBLEPOST=1442042007][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, here is what you requested. Also, it should only remove the black screen/flash when the screen is locked. (It doesn't remove the teleport particles..)

@five--three I win! :D

Attachments

• Terraria TPFix2.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
So, here is the latest .exe:

Might have some bugs, I tend to call them features! (even if the feature happens to be an auto-crash feature..)
So, the dirt rod got spiced up and can do more than just moving dirt. Also, there is something concerning the dummy ghosts.
Also, you might have to put the DummyGhost.xnb in Terraria/Content/Images.

Attachments

• Terraria.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
I am excited to try the newest version out, but want to make sure I can roll back if the build is to crash-y for me. Do I just save the .exe under a different file name like SuperTerraria.exe?

I am excited to try the newest version out, but want to make sure I can roll back if the build is to crash-y for me. Do I just save the .exe under a different file name like SuperTerraria.exe?
Yep!
Also, the mod shouldn't change any game settings/world saves and it most likely will stay that way. (Meaning: There should be no problem going to an older version of it)

Hey guys, sorry, I'm back now. Busy month coming up as always, gotta paint the ceiling at home and have a new lounge to put in :)

Is there currently any way to tweak the camera movement speed? I find that mine moves abysmally slow.

Yep! As DicemanX said, you can use +/- to change the speed. In this next update I'll increase the default. I thought it was cool and cinematic, but there's no point to it.

Yep!
Also, the mod shouldn't change any game settings/world saves and it most likely will stay that way. (Meaning: There should be no problem going to an older version of it)

There shouldn't be any crashes (stefnotch what have you been doing D: ) but the only way this could impact on your saves is if it happens to crash during an auto-save. If this is the case (tiny chance), the game's automatic backups will fix you up.

We might implement a proper interface and settings menu, meaning we'll have to store some data. If so, it'll be in a seperate file to all your vanilla settings and backwards/forwards compatible :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1445394315,1445338365][/DOUBLEPOST]Arrgh! I had a huge writeup here, but I pressed control-W (insta-closes the tab) instead of shift-W, and it's all gone D: I'll try to retype most of it.

Right, so, here's a slightly updated build that features mostly bugfixes that I didn't commit before I left:
  • Dummy ghosts:
    • now draw behind the player, NPC's and most projectiles.
    • now face the same way as their parent tile
    • are more transparent.
  • By default, the ghosts are affected by lighting. You can toggle this with 'K'
    • When the ghosts are in bright mode they will have a red border around them for visibility. If you don't want this, or want it when they aren't in bright-mode, copy and paste DummyGhostTexture.xnb (default) or DummyGhostThickTexture.xnb (w/ border) over the other.
  • You can grab the sun/moon, like on the menu. This was mostly for my own testing purposes.
There may be more things that I've forgotten, but here's a list of planned thigns for the next update:
  • Toggles for everything! Especially the infinite wire/actuator 'features' that many of you didn't want. They were left in there by accident because we're silly fools. This will also include dummy ghost displays and the sky grab thingy.
  • Hopefully the ability to place blocks in mid-air. Again, toggleable.
  • Probably change the name. @fsg-Gaming hasn't talked to us for a while, but as stefnotch knows well, MEFBAEA annoys me :p
  • An icon! What do y'all think:
    • The default Terraria icon.
    • A terraria wrench icon.
    • The default Terraria icon with some wire in an S pattern overlayed.
    • A teleporter, pressure plate, dummy and some cog blocks to loock cool and tech-y.
    • Something else ...
  • Also, I'll finish up the auto-placing tool. There's limited support in the current build which you can see by opening up the chatbox (should work in singleplayer) and typing /place <block id> <direction - up,left,right,down> <amount>. You can also throw on wire, actuator, or force on the end of that to, well, add wire, add actuators, or force the placement (will overwrite other blocks, watch out). This will place amount of blocks in the specified direction, starting at your left foot by default. The starting position can be changed by typing /place set, which will bring up a smart-cursor-like box which will become the new position.
    • In the Future™, this will only work if you have the specified item in your inventory.
    • Also, there will DEFINITELY be hoik/slope support. Fallen star autofarms are now possible in a reasonable amount of time.
    • This command-line style is not very user friendly, so eventually there will hopefully be an alternative. I'm not sure yet - it depends on what you guys think again. Possible options are a menu/interface activated somehow, or a combination of items to achieve the desired result (ruler-style?).
Whew. Done.

So, here is the latest .exe:

Might have some bugs, I tend to call them features! (even if the feature happens to be an auto-crash feature..)
So, the dirt rod got spiced up and can do more than just moving dirt. Also, there is something concerning the dummy ghosts.
Also, you might have to put the DummyGhost.xnb in Terraria/Content/Images.

@stefnotch the fool greatly undervalued both of our works here! There shouldn't be any crashes (at least in the completed features, watch out with the /place). I'll throw in a quick description of how the dummy ghosts work:

For every target dummy 'ghost' npc, a poorly drawn texture will draw. This is to more easily tell where the ghost is at any given time. Each ghost will also have a red ID drawn at it's top-left corner. If the ghost is far enough away (1-2 tiles), this number will also appear on the
tile. That's about it. You'll just hae to take my word, it took a lot of work :p

the dirt rod got spiced up and can do more than just moving dirt
HUGE understatement. Stefnotch put alot of work into this, it was much harder than either of us expected :p Said dirt rod can now pick up and move ANY block, place the correct block back down, and even spew out the correct item if it can't place the block! Give many thanks to him!

Well that's done. I'll get back to work now xD

Edit: I suppose I could actually upload the file. Might help :)

Edit 2: This is over 900 words. I feel bad now.

Attachments

• tmec-1-18.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom