Biomes & Nature Meteorites actually fall

I think this is a pretty simple idea, that would probably be more complicated in practice.

Whenever it's time for a meteorite to spawn then it will actually fall from the sky. The players will get a message saying "A Meteorite is falling!"
The meteor would be shown on the map so that players can travel to the crash sight. When it finally does crashes then a message saying "A meteorite has landed!" will play. If a player is at the crash sight there would be a explosion and all that would be left is the meteorite.

This would probably be really complicated to add in and wouldn't really have any practical purpose for the player to go see the crash. I could see something being changed/added to the event during hardmode but I don't know exactly what that would be.

Just a small little thought I had, probably wouldn't be worth it to add in. It'd be cool though!

I support this because of the practical application that you may have missed - this could make it possible to go to a location to possibly fortify it specifically before the meteorite lands, instead of building a giant skybridge spanning world

I think this is a pretty simple idea, that would probably be more complicated in practice.

Whenever it's time for a meteorite to spawn then it will actually fall from the sky. The players will get a message saying "A Meteorite is falling!"
The meteor would be shown on the map so that players can travel to the crash sight. When it finally does crashes then a message saying "A meteorite has landed!" will play. If a player is at the crash sight there would be a explosion and all that would be left is the meteorite.

This would probably be really complicated to add in and wouldn't really have any practical purpose for the player to go see the crash. I could see something being changed/added to the event during hardmode but I don't know exactly what that would be.

Just a small little thought I had, probably wouldn't be worth it to add in. It'd be cool though!

I support this because of the practical application that you may have missed - this could make it possible to go to a location to possibly fortify it specifically before the meteorite lands, instead of building a giant skybridge spanning world

Places 1 block in the air
Completely stops entire meteorite

I've actually thought that the meteor itself having a health bar would be a better application of this. If you keep hitting it enough, it will get destroyed and drop a certain amount of meteorite to compenstate. That way, people don't have to worry about the destruction of terrain if they are skilled enough to destroy the meteor before it hits the ground.

But of course, bracing the impact spot would still be an option in case someone is unable to "deal" with the meteor.

I would love a way to predict and either protect my world or destroy meteors as they fall. Meteors have always been a thorn in my side - even when they don't hit my buildings, they chew up my pretty landscape, and you only ever have use for one in any single game. Beyond that, they are a nuisance that never goes away and can't be controlled except for shoving hundreds of meteoric ore in some forgotten corner of your world, or building a sky bridge from one end of the map to the other. I just end up never breaking orbs or hearts in any world I care about, and that's a shame.

Honestly, breaking altars is less of a punishment than meteors.

I would love a way to predict and either protect my world or destroy meteors as they fall. Meteors have always been a thorn in my side - even when they don't hit my buildings, they chew up my pretty landscape, and you only ever have use for one in any single game. Beyond that, they are a nuisance that never goes away and can't be controlled except for shoving hundreds of meteoric ore in some forgotten corner of your world, or building a sky bridge from one end of the map to the other. I just end up never breaking orbs or hearts in any world I care about, and that's a shame.

Honestly, breaking altars is less of a punishment than meteors.
I destroy all the shadow orbs/hearts first then I start building. That way, I don't have to worry about any other meteors falling.

I destroy all the shadow orbs/hearts first then I start building. That way, I don't have to worry about any other meteors falling.
Meteors fall randomly once you've broken your first orb. At that point, the only time meteors will stop falling is when there's a certain amount of meteorite ore in your world, corresponding to world size. But I don't like leaving my surface littered with pockmarks, either. So I just don't bother at all.

Back
Top Bottom