tAPI MiraiMai's Future Dance

Don't assume it's dead, only 2 months passed since last post from MiraiMai. She propably has other things to do like rl and tapi.

People should know this by now, I disappear for real life, unfortunately that happens %:sigh:

Anyway, there wont be any updates for tAPI, but I will be updating this for a new API in the works called Prism once it's more feature complete :dryadsmile: It's getting there, and I may start working on making my own mods for it soon.

People should know this by now, I disappear for real life, unfortunately that happens %:sigh:

Anyway, there wont be any updates for tAPI, but I will be updating this for a new API in the works called Prism once it's more feature complete :dryadsmile: It's getting there, and I may start working on making my own mods for it soon.
is Prism released yet?

because i'm sorry to disappoint you, there's already a new released API, called tModLoader

is Prism released yet?

because i'm sorry to disappoint you, there's already a new released API, called tModLoader
lol We know there is tModLoader, but we already had plans for our own before that came out. It is technically released, and fully open source (under a license of course), but like I said it's not quite feature complete yet so it's not really ready for modders to dig into yet.

If you're curious, you can look at it here though: https://github.com/TerrariaPrismTeam/Prism

lol We know there is tModLoader, but we already had plans for our own before that came out. It is technically released, and fully open source (under a license of course), but like I said it's not quite feature complete yet so it's not really ready for modders to dig into yet.

If you're curious, you can look at it here though: https://github.com/TerrariaPrismTeam/Prism
Is this similar to tAPI by comparison? and is it made by the same group?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your post on the tAPI mod page

Last edited:
Is this similar to tAPI by comparison? and is it made by the same group?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your post on the tAPI mod page
I'm helping, and so is PoroCYon (who was originally a tAPI dev early on). Most the tAPI devs have ben invited but I'm not 100% how many of them can take part due to NDA's with Relogic.

As for similarity... Sort of, but not really. The same basic structure is there, but nothing is loaded automatically now. Every mod needs C# code in order to add their content. There is the option to use JSON files for most of the properties, though.

I'm helping, and so is PoroCYon (who was originally a tAPI dev early on). Most the tAPI devs have ben invited but I'm not 100% how many of them can take part due to NDA's with Relogic.

As for similarity... Sort of, but not really. The same basic structure is there, but nothing is loaded automatically now. Every mod needs C# code in order to add their content. There is the option to use JSON files for most of the properties, though.
Sounds interesting, I'll definitely have to check this out, how far along would you say development is?

Sounds interesting, I'll definitely have to check this out, how far along would you say development is?
We have the mod loading and internal stuff working, and items can be added. NPCs dont work yet, and projectiles are being worked on. The main issue at the moment is that mod items don't save, but that should be fixed by tomorrow. I say within a week it should be useable for basic item mods atleast.

We have the mod loading and internal stuff working, and items can be added. NPCs dont work yet, and projectiles are being worked on. The main issue at the moment is that mod items don't save, but that should be fixed by tomorrow. I say within a week it should be useable for basic item mods atleast.
Sounds like you've been busy for awhile, looked a bit at the source, looks like it's coming along pretty quickly. Great job!

I really miss this mod. With Prism having seemed to vanish completely (or rather, I at least never heard of it after this) I wonder, what happened to the creator, and if @MiraiMai is still around, could a tModloader version ever happen?

Back
Top Bottom