Mobile Mobile 1.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jopolo

Terrarian
so 1.3 has been out for over a year now on PC of which I have highly enjoyed however I am currently on vacation and I can't take my desktop with me! So when I find the weather isn't great I'm playing it on my iPad how ever the mobile version is stil running version 1.2.4 even though 505 have said mobile will get 1.3 in June 2016, so it should of dropped a month ago and there is no update I've seen for mobile yet. I can find nothing online concerning the current situation for the upcoming update for 1.3 so I'm making this thread to find out!

When did they say that? I recall no such announcement and more importantly they say that they have no new news when asked. You're going with the estimate of people not involved with the development most likely.

I am pretty sure that there has been no conformation whatsoever that 1.3 is being developed for mobile platforms, let alone having an intended release last month. Are you sure about your source?

I recall many people saying that it would probably be about a year due to the difference between 1.2.4 and 1.3 being around that time. It made a lot of assumptions so there would be a huge margin of error.

None of them were from 505 by the way.

There's no official announcement for a 1.3 update on mobile. Just wait while they're doing their awesome work.

So if it hasn't been announced and took around a year to get 1.2.4 from of to mobile surely it would take a similar amount of time this time round? So if we were to assume/estimate when we can see some confirmation/announcement?

I don't know the exact time, but I do know that they will want to make a full update, so I guess they will wait for 1.3.3 release, then start porting.

BEWARE! NO OFFICIAL INFO, JUST PREDICTIONS!!!

There's no news or confirmation that 1.3 will go to mobile. Any assumptions or speculation are simply that. Here is what Loki said recently
1.2 has been in Mobile for a LONG time.

If you meant 1.3, nothing on that front has been announced yet.

Look, me and a lot of other Terrarians have made posts about this and I have tried telling all of them that 1.3 won't be coming in for a while now. Though they say nothing for now, I would just give it year. More posts about or speculated arrivals of said update is not gonna do anything.

Does depriving someone else of something make it better? No it doesn't.

More importantly pc does have something special. They get updates first, they can use mods, and they can use a mouse and keyboard.

Exactly! Just because its a PC Port to mobile, doesnt mean PC will be out of the picture. Different platforms have their own exclusive platform specific content.

But why shouldn't many terrarian that are mostly playing in the mobile edition have the 1.3.0 uptade, it's what every hardcore terrarian wich to have, because at the end, it's really boring to play the same old 1.2.4 version.By the way, it's not like if it's a competition between the mobile and the PC platform !

But why shouldn't many terrarian that are mostly playing in the mobile edition have the 1.3.0 uptade, it's what every hardcore terrarian wich to have, because at the end, it's really boring to play the same old 1.2.4 version.By the way, it's not like if it's a competition between the mobile and the PC platform !
The amount of content 1.3 is enough to almost crash Terraria on most small phones. For them to even try and get it in here, they would have to take away more content and possibly visuals and mechanics for the hase game to make room. Plus we dont know how well 1.3 Terraria, with its already huge game file, can run on phones having 1 Gig of Ram or less. People would have to delete most of their apps that are uninstallable and delete files and documents that would take up space. For others, they would have to resort to buying premium flagship phones just to run the game without hassle.

The amount of content 1.3 is enough to almost crash Terraria on most small phones. For them to even try and get it in here, they would have to take away more content and possibly visuals and mechanics for the hase game to make room. Plus we dont know how well 1.3 Terraria, with its already huge game file, can run on phones having 1 Gig of Ram or less. People would have to delete most of their apps that are uninstallable and delete files and documents that would take up space. For others, they would have to resort to buying premium flagship phones just to run the game without hassle.
RAM, not storage. If deleting apps could solve the issue then people would have already done it.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-major-news-updates-for-console-mobile.47156/

There's news of a sort, take a look.

These new's are great for every terrarian playing on mobile and current gen console edition ! So exited, I just can't wait for it, but is it really going to come out at the same time, both ? So sad, well gotta wait until 2017.

I did hear that 1.3 mobile should be out by march 2017 terraria news said it should be a few months after 1.3 console but its not certain.

This thread was created, and most of the posts were made, before official news of 1.3 coming to mobile was made. Since we've received official news that 1.3 will be coming to mobile, I'll close this thread as it was mostly speculation.

I did hear that 1.3 mobile should be out by march 2017 terraria news said it should be a few months after 1.3 console but its not certain.
An official announcement that 1.3 will be coming to mobile is here: The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

The targeted date for console to receive the 1.3 update is Q2 2017 (which means April-June 2017). It is a target, not a guarantee. The mobile version will likely be months afterwards.

Regarding console:
Our current target delivery for the Reset+1.3 is Q2 2017

Regarding mobile:
Timing is planned to be “around the time of” the Console Reset – but likely will come after it by at least a few months. As we know more, we will share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom