Resolved [Mobile] HARDMODE BUG(HELP ME)

On mobile, the process of upgrading the world to hardmode can take a couple of minutes - it's best to wait a little while in the world before exiting to give time for the world to update properly. I hope this helps!

I killed the wall of flesh, the game went to hardmode, then I left the game and saved, when I joined later the game went back to pre-hardmode (it's the second time I kill him and this bug continues)
Hi @Davimatheuz, welcome to the forums.

This isn’t a bug. :) In 100% of the instances I’ve seen this, it’s because the player hasn’t allowed the game enough time to convert the world to hardmode. Piggybacking onto what darthmorf said, here are more details...

The game's process for turning the world into hardmode can take several minutes. If you kill the Wall of Flesh and exit the game before you receive the "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released", then the game will show you a screen displaying "Setting hard mode". If you close the app while that is happening or force the game to go to the main menu then hard mode won't be finished and your world will still be pre-hardmode. You'll need to kill the Wall of Flesh again.

Here's what you should do:
  • Kill Wall of Flesh. Wait for the game to say "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released". This can take up to 5 minutes depending on the world size, and yes, the game may be very slow during this time. AFTER you get the “ancient spirits” message, THEN you can use the pwnhammer on the altars to get hardmode ore.
  • If you didn’t wait for the "ancient spirits" message and you exited the world, then the screen will say "Setting hard mode". WAIT on that screen until it finishes. It will go back to the main menu by itself, but you must give it time. Again, it may take up to 5 minutes.
  • If you exited the world before the “ancient spirit” message, AND exited the app/game before the "setting hard mode" finished, then you'll have to defeat Wall of Flesh again.

Back
Top Bottom