Resolved [Mobile] Lac Beetle doesn't spawn on iOS

magmanaut

Terrarian
I have played about 15 worlds, and hunted laboriously through many jungles and have never seen the Lac Beetle. It drops the violet husk, which makes violet dye, and is the last dye I need to make Rainbow Dye. At this point, it looks impossible. I have hunted in both hardmode and pre-hardmode. I have only seen 2 Cochineal Beetles in the hardmode jungle (which shouldn't be spawning there at all, I think), but have never seen a Lac Beetle in any jungle on the iOS version. Is this a spawning bug/glitch, or I am I just incredibly unlucky? Also, I have searched in worlds made both pre- and post- 1.2 update.

I have played about 15 worlds, and hunted laboriously through many jungles and have never seen the Lac Beetle. It drops the violet husk, which makes violet dye, and is the last dye I need to make Rainbow Dye. At this point, it looks impossible. I have hunted in both hardmode and pre-hardmode. I have only seen 2 Cochineal Beetles in the hardmode jungle (which shouldn't be spawning there at all, I think), but have never seen a Lac Beetle in any jungle on the iOS version. Is this a spawning bug/glitch, or I am I just incredibly unlucky? Also, I have searched in worlds made both pre- and post- 1.2 update.

I don't know about the Lac Beetle haven't really looked for them, except to verify you were searching the Underground Jungles only. But as far as the Cochineal Beetle spawn you mentioned, was it an Underground Jungle as they spawn only within the Cavern Layer.

Yes, I was searching the Underground Jungle, from where it begins (making sure I was getting Underground Jungle monster spawns), all the way down to where lava starts. And yes, the Cochineal Beetles spawned in the Underground Jungle, one of them in the Lizahrd Temple and the other in the middle of the Underground Jungle. At first I hoped they might be Lac Beetles, but they gave me Red Husks and looked just like Cochineal Beetles, which I've found in the regular cavern area as well.

Yes, I was searching the Underground Jungle, from where it begins (making sure I was getting Underground Jungle monster spawns), all the way down to where lava starts. And yes, the Cochineal Beetles spawned in the Underground Jungle, one of them in the Lizahrd Temple and the other in the middle of the Underground Jungle. At first I hoped they might be Lac Beetles, but they gave me Red Husks and looked just like Cochineal Beetles, which I've found in the regular cavern area as well.
Hmmm I dunno about the Lac Beetle then. Then the spawning of the Cochineal Beetle you mentioned is perfectly fine as the Cavern Layer is the biggest layer in the game.

Layers are from top to bottom
Space
Surface
Underground
Cavern
Underworld

Last edited:
Well, if anyone on Terraria iOS has found Lac Beetles, which drop Violet Husks, I would love to know. It's very frustrating to sit in the jungle with water candles and only end up with Cochineal Beetles so far. :mad:

I've tried all different backgrounds in the underground jungle with a water candle and battle potion and got dozens of cochineal beetles but no lac beetles. Is this still a current issue?

I've noticed this as well. I'm actually currently trying to get Violet Husks but haven't found any. I was trying to search up their spawn rates to see if they just have a very small.spawn rate or something, but instead found this. I wonder if this is a glitch. Like you I am trying to make Rainbow Dye, but haven't had much luck in finding the Violet Husks to make the Violet Dye. I haven't had this problem before as my other character, that I think I had before Duke Fishron was added, has Rainbow Dye.
It's very strange how the Lac Beetle is just refusing to spawn in.

Well, if anyone on Terraria iOS has found Lac Beetles, which drop Violet Husks, I would love to know. It's very frustrating to sit in the jungle with water candles and only end up with Cochineal Beetles so far. :mad:
I agree I have done the same I used honey, water candles and battle potions and I have never found one either. The other beetle spawns but not the lac beetle. Hopefully this will be fixed when the next update releases

For others that come to read this message, I don't have any trouble finding Lac Beetles. I'm on iOS.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but this is a Corruption world, pretty sure it's not Expanded, and it is pre-hardmode. Click to enlarge.
image.jpeg image.png

For others that come to read this message, I don't have any trouble finding Lac Beetles. I'm on iOS.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but this is a Corruption world, pretty sure it's not Expanded, and it is pre-hardmode. Click to enlarge.
View attachment 157977 View attachment 157978
I play both iOS and Android Terraria and I noticed that Lac Beatles aren't spawning in the iOS version, but are spawning in the Android version. I have the latest update for both too, so I don't know exactly what is going on. I do notice that certain enemies don't spawn in my Android version, but will spawn in iOS, and visa versa. While at the same time certain items drop in Android that seem to neger drop in iOS, and visa versa as well. It's really weird.

Lac Beetles do not spawn on iOS, as I've similarly found. I've cracked other spawning bugs, like the Chaos Elemental one, before, but that one was a block-based spawning issue. I'm doubtful that I can solve this one in a similar fashion.

(If anyone wants to know how I spawned the elementals, just ask me somewhere else, let's not clutter this page with unrelated issues.)

Lac Beetles do not spawn on iOS, as I've similarly found. I've cracked other spawning bugs, like the Chaos Elemental one, before, but that one was a block-based spawning issue. I'm doubtful that I can solve this one in a similar fashion.

(If anyone wants to know how I spawned the elementals, just ask me somewhere else, let's not clutter this page with unrelated issues.)
I've read on the Wiki tricks to get the Chaos Elementals to spawn in more frequently.

Okay, I managed to get one. One. It was on the surface jungle of a hardmode corruption world, expanded size.

Made rainbow dye. It was animated, but broken in that it just made alternating halves of my affected armor red/blue, constantly flashing.

God this version is buggy as hell.

I think lac beetles are rigged cause I’ve been searching days for them and haven’t found a single one. I tried to see if they spawn on iOS apparently they do and it’s only a blue rarity mob

Dude i agree I've spent 5 hours searching, using battle potions, water candles, and camped in every jungle part for it and haven't found a single lac beetle i keep finding the red husk beetles everywhere in the jungle though but idk why. If the terraria creators are seeing this please update and fix beetle spawns and make the lac beetle a bit more common not extinct or make it where we can buy it from the travelling merchant, or mix other dyes in it. I've spent 5 hours in all the jungle biomes and haven't found anything i also did that in an extended world, pre hard mode then went to hard mode, and then tried it on a normal world in both pre and hard mode

I got one but what I did is I put like 5 candles in a bridge over the jungle that is about 150 blocks long and spread the water candles equally then I used a battle potion and started to run forward and backwards so a part of the bridge was not on my screen when I was on one side and then after like 20 minutes and going through like 20 battle potions, I finally found a lac beetle in IOS

Back
Top Bottom