Official Mobile Terraria: Critical Fixes & Updates Thread

Well, I do know they are looking into squashing every crash bug that they can replicate. To do so, they need all of the info that people can provide as to what triggers it.

As an aside:

If the crashes are due to memory overflow (too many apps open, older device, etc), there isn't a whole lot they can do about that outside of continuing to optimize the game (which can only go so far - adding more stuff is still adding more stuff in the end).

I know that can be an issue on some devices. Not saying it is your specific issue...just in general. Same reason MC creeps to a slideshow before crashing on my older iPad if someone summons too many enemies or starts too many fires.

More frequent saving should theoretically lessen the amount of repeat when this occurs.

As for the technical specifics & details of all of that - I would have to let them speak to that - I am far from an expert in that space.

Wow real good job with the bugfixes! ranged/mage classes are playable now! :D and mobs spawn properly also souls of night (crimson). The wait was worth it :) and even if it crashes (I havent played it for too long so far) it auto saves more often :p I know I said this before but THANK YOU 505GAMES. :D

Bt
Wow real good job with the bugfixes! ranged/mage classes are playable now! :D and mobs spawn properly also souls of night (crimson). The wait was worth it :) and even if it crashes (I havent played it for too long so far) it auto saves more often :p I know I said this before but THANK YOU 505GAMES. :D
Is this for iOS?

Good day everyone!

We hope you have been enjoying the string of fixes that have been our focus of late. Rest assured that we will continue down this path to get everything up to where it needs to be for everyone possible.

For our Amazon and Windows Phone Terrarians, we know you have gone a long time without an update or even any news. As you may know, the submission and approval process differs by company - with it typically being a longer road on these two platforms. Thus, we have tried to get all of the recent fixes into one push on Amazon and WP submission. Here is where we stand:

Amazon: We are currently testing our proposed fixes. Our hope is to have everything out to you in the 2-3 week timeframe

Windows Phone: We are developing this in parallel with Amazon, but it is a bit slower going. Our plan is to have this available in a month or maybe a bit longer, depending on how it goes.

Obviously, we will endeavor to get these to you as quickly as possible - but we wanted you to know that you have not been forgotten and those fixes are on the way!

Thanks for your support and patience.

Good day everyone!

We hope you have been enjoying the string of fixes that have been our focus of late. Rest assured that we will continue down this path to get everything up to where it needs to be for everyone possible.

For our Amazon and Windows Phone Terrarians, we know you have gone a long time without an update or even any news. As you may know, the submission and approval process differs by company - with it typically being a longer road on these two platforms. Thus, we have tried to get all of the recent fixes into one push on Amazon and WP submission. Here is where we stand:

Amazon: We are currently testing our proposed fixes. Our hope is to have everything out to you in the 2-3 week timeframe

Windows Phone: We are developing this in parallel with Amazon, but it is a bit slower going. Our plan is to have this available in a month or maybe a bit longer, depending on how it goes.

Obviously, we will endeavor to get these to you as quickly as possible - but we wanted you to know that you have not been forgotten and those fixes are on the way!

Thank you 505 Games! I'm a WP user and hearing this makes me happy

It looks like it was android 5.0 causing the most recent crashes, maybe due to the known memory leak. 5.1 fixed my problem.

Already at post game status and I must say im impressed just a couple of bugs now :) (im ignoring the crashes since auto saving is more frequent and progress is pretty solid) oh and multiplayer syncs amazingly now :D. Anyway the only bugs I remember is the leggings in mannequins still dont work and im not sure about this but souls of night/light dont drop as often as PC version (I use a water candle and a battle potion to have a decent spawn rate) I think the spawn rate should be tinkered a little or maybe the drop rate. Too bad i couldnt remember all the bugs o_O but I will edit this the next time I can
Edit: only a couple bugs i remembered/found chlorophyte still doesnt spawn fast enough. But I can understand why since the spread of corruption/crimson/hallow is slightly lowered in spreading so older devices can handle the game and chlorophyte works in a similar fashion. another bug which also has a reason to exist is swords which use projectiles (starfury terra blade) stay at the last frame of being swung, which is understandable since they dont auto swing in PC (terra blade does swing but only in PC newest version) and thats about it. Still the game is fully functional and im lovin every second of it :D (also thanks for making mobs do more damage like in 1.1 the game got boring when it was easy)
yet another edit: I forgot to mention this since this is an old bug but, you can barely tell if a plant is bloomed like the top part of the plant doesnt sprite properly (its still barely noticeable if its bloomed or not but you have to take more than one glance

Last edited:
Already at post game status and I must say im impressed just a couple of bugs now :) (im ignoring the crashes since auto saving is more frequent and progress is pretty solid) oh and multiplayer syncs amazingly now :D. Anyway the only bugs I remember is the leggings in mannequins still dont work and im not sure about this but souls of night/light dont drop as often as PC version (I use a water candle and a battle potion to have a decent spawn rate) I think the spawn rate should be tinkered a little or maybe the drop rate. Too bad i couldnt remember all the bugs o_O but I will edit this the next time I can
what about the random lag spikes in the hallowed biome :p

Good day everyone!

Thank you. Can't wait to see what comes out.

Same here. I think that the spawn rate of enemies should be bumped up about 50-60% from what it is right now, or where the computer is now. Yes, I KNOW that @505Games has stated that they have had such low spawn rates to make it easier for older devices, but frankly, i dont think that many people use older devices for hanging in general.

The problem with that is, the instant they do that...and those older devices start crashing for that reason...they will be flooded with angry emails asking why 505 "broke" their perfectly functional game.

That is the minefield that is mobile gaming with a title this in depth.

Good morning Terrarians!

We have received approval for another iOS update today. This update will contain a handful of fixes that we identified during the gap between the last iOS fixes and the build that we pushed live to Android (Google Play) last week.

This will mean that iOS and Android (Google Play) are once again back on the same level. As we noted earlier, Amazon and Windows Phone will be a bit delayed in receiving all of these fixes due to the typically longer submission process on those platforms.

Specific Fixes
- The game now auto saves every 2 minutes
- Pearlstone brick no longer spreads hallow
- Fixed bug where items equipped by client players were not synced correctly
- Fixed bug where crafting ingredients where visible after leaving the crafting tab
- Fixed stutter when cloud saving
- Lihzard door can no longer be destroyed by explosives
- Fixed issues with painting
Many other additional fixes, improvements and optimizations

Good morning Terrarians!

We have received approval for another iOS update today. This update will contain a handful of fixes that we identified during the gap between the last iOS fixes and the build that we pushed live to Android (Google Play) last week.

This will mean that iOS and Android (Google Play) are once again back on the same level. As we noted earlier, Amazon and Windows Phone will be a bit delayed in receiving all of these fixes due to the typically longer submission process on those platforms.

Specific Fixes
- The game now auto saves every 2 minutes
- Pearlstone brick no longer spreads hallow
- Fixed bug where items equipped by client players were not synced correctly
- Fixed bug where crafting ingredients where visible after leaving the crafting tab
- Fixed stutter when cloud saving
- Lihzard door can no longer be destroyed by explosives
- Fixed issues with painting
Many other additional fixes, improvements and optimizations
Does this mean it's out right now, or sometime today? I don't see it on my list of updates.

Back
Top Bottom