Mobile Mobile Terraria Easter Content & Bugfixes Galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost feel as if the Slime species is going to have an Internal Power Struggle soon if im not there to kill them all................

Probably not. Probably gonna end up pulling a "Bungie" and stop developing Terraria for other platforms. (Bungie stopped making Halo for Windows after Halo 2)

You know, the longer this goes on the more I'm looking at uninstalling Terraria. It eats up a lot of space on my phone, it simply makes me frustrated by itself and the publisher doesn't seem to give a flying fig about the community. I feel bad for Codeglu as it seems that they (eventually) get on the ball about things and seem interested in the game, but I sincerely hope they find different publishers for their next outing. I've seen delays from Amazon before, but this is just ridiculous. I've seen games screw up launches before, but the sheer tone-deafness of this is just silly.

There is literally no reason for me to play this game. Its like Firaxis with XCOM: Enemy Within (XBox 360 version ESPECIALLY). Its buggy, there's minimal support and no one seems interested in the real bugs that are bothering players. The official forums are awash with complaints and there isn't a PR member in sight. The only difference is that 505 Games hasn't milked anyone for DLC yet.

I want to play this game. I really do. But promised features are borked (Hey Amazon's version has no controller support guys! ... Hello? Does anyone out there even care??), the game has some serious crash problems (So how many people STILL haven't been able to play since January? Hands up please so I can count properly.), there is no community interaction whatsoever (Hey 505 Games, I get that you do a couple of games and want to publicize them too, but why is the official forum for a game so woefully unattended?) and I still don't get why swapping weapons via quick slot requires you to stand still to change equipement-- for a game that relies on switching between so many different things quickly, very little of it is smooth-- how many times have you been fighting with your sword and suddenly found yourself forcefully grappled to the floor? Or having to stand still during a boss fight to use a potion?). Any other game would be catching a boatload of flak for these flaws so late in the game, and I honestly don't see why I shouldn't be angry about it.

Its sad when an update is eventually coming (at some point, maybe? Hey, still no controller support on Amazon and no one has even mentioned it from these guys) and I can't find the least reason to *not* uninstall it aside from having a reason to visit this part of the forums.

[Sorry for the rant guys, but this is seriously starting to bother me.]

You know, the longer this goes on the more I'm looking at uninstalling Terraria. It eats up a lot of space on my phone, it simply makes me frustrated by itself and the publisher doesn't seem to give a flying fig about the community. I feel bad for Codeglu as it seems that they (eventually) get on the ball about things and seem interested in the game, but I sincerely hope they find different publishers for their next outing. I've seen delays from Amazon before, but this is just ridiculous. I've seen games screw up launches before, but the sheer tone-deafness of this is just silly.

There is literally no reason for me to play this game. Its like Firaxis with XCOM: Enemy Within (XBox 360 version ESPECIALLY). Its buggy, there's minimal support and no one seems interested in the real bugs that are bothering players. The official forums are awash with complaints and there isn't a PR member in sight. The only difference is that 505 Games hasn't milked anyone for DLC yet.

I want to play this game. I really do. But promised features are borked (Hey Amazon's version has no controller support guys! ... Hello? Does anyone out there even care??), the game has some serious crash problems (So how many people STILL haven't been able to play since January? Hands up please so I can count properly.), there is no community interaction whatsoever (Hey 505 Games, I get that you do a couple of games and want to publicize them too, but why is the official forum for a game so woefully unattended?) and I still don't get why swapping weapons via quick slot requires you to stand still to change equipement-- for a game that relies on switching between so many different things quickly, very little of it is smooth-- how many times have you been fighting with your sword and suddenly found yourself forcefully grappled to the floor? Or having to stand still during a boss fight to use a potion?). Any other game would be catching a boatload of flak for these flaws so late in the game, and I honestly don't see why I shouldn't be angry about it.

Its sad when an update is eventually coming (at some point, maybe? Hey, still no controller support on Amazon and no one has even mentioned it from these guys) and I can't find the least reason to *not* uninstall it aside from having a reason to visit this part of the forums.

Well, reading this consumed an entire minute I'm never gonna get back-_- Anyways, I do agree it is a tinge annoying they haven't released it yet. I get that, honestly. But Amazon is a medium-sized company. They just started doing the app and devices thing about 2-3 years ago. They only were a book and e-reader company back then. Terraria is a big game, like you said. And the original game has Google Play content added to it. Amazon doesn't want to have anything to do with Google, so they change it a bit. I've seen differences between the two, and I have some things to list:

1. The leaderboads and achievements butttons are in different places.
2. No controller compatibility (like you said).
3. Different cloud save ways.

Anyways, no one hate any company that supports, develops, or sells the game. Like the king of Terraria once said, "Remember, hate only leads to bad stuff" (Yrimir, Terraria 1.3 - June Release and Super Moon)

The feels I get when I read this. Someone that knows my #Struggle. Especially the part when you said "How many times have you been fighting with your sword and suddenly found yourself forcefully grappled to the floor?", This happenes to me so f***ing much, its insane. I have the Double-Hook Grapply Thingy (dont remember the name, shhh), but I havent had it in my inventory since Cobalt Amor (Im on Shroomite now), and yet this still happens from time to time. And I also realized something else, Amazon, who is just putting the game on their market, is catching flak for errors in the game (the crashing), when it isn't even their fault. Ive seen reports with people raging about the crashing. and they're directing it towards Amazon, not the real culprit of 505.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429465075][/DOUBLEPOST]Just read the OP for the first time, found that they said "Will be out on Amazon as soon as possible (pending approval)". Considering they planned to have it out this April, I am still keeping some hope bound up in a corner.

Well, reading this consumed an entire minute I'm never gonna get back-_- Anyways, I do agree it is a tinge annoying they haven't released it yet. I get that, honestly. But Amazon is a medium-sized company. They just started doing the app and devices thing about 2-3 years ago. They only were a book and e-reader company back then. Terraria is a big game, like you said. And the original game has Google Play content added to it. Amazon doesn't want to have anything to do with Google, so they change it a bit. I've seen differences between the two, and I have some things to list:

1. The leaderboads and achievements butttons are in different places.
2. No controller compatibility (like you said).
3. Different cloud save ways.

Anyways, no one hate any company that supports, develops, or sells the game. Like the king of Terraria once said, "Remember, hate only leads to bad stuff" (Yrimir, Terraria 1.3 - June Release and Super Moon)

I highly doubt my post was such an egregious waste of your time if you bothered to reply to it, but Amazon is NOT a medium-sized company. They're huge and globally known, and do a good deal more than ebooks and media-- video streaming, cloud hosting, buying/selling by individual customers and corporations alike, apps and games as well as news/magazines/self-publishing for aspiring novelists mong other things. To call them medium-sized is quite the understatement.

All of that, of course, is besides the point. -_- I have no issue with Amazon, but with 505 Games. I've stated this several times all over the forums-- I have issues with 505 Games as the publisher of Terraria and how they're (not) handling this port, not with Amazon.

Wanted to address a few things.

First, the approval processes used by the various hardware manufacturers are wholly out of anyone's control. Once an update is submitted, it is all beholden to those myriad of processes and standards. That's just a fact of doing business in the console and mobile space. Large company vs small makes no difference there. This just isn't something that will change I'm afraid. :(

That's aside - and more importantly - are the persistent issues and the feeling from you guys that you are being ignored and left to stew. I can assure you that your concerns (both technical and personal) have been noted - along with a list of other items - and a cross-collaborative effort to address this is in the planning stages/under discussion.

Hopefully, further details will be hammered out and able to be shared over the next few weeks.

So, maybe hold off on losing all hope and/or uninstalling just yet. I imagine it will be a process no matter what - but I can 100% insure you that the concerns & issues are not being ignored. I know this because I have consistently read your concerns - and been a part of those discussions.

So, I hope that at least gives you some ray of hope there. Won't make excuses for the past - will only point to a strong push for a better future. More - hopefully - to come soon.

Thanks for your patience and support - and your honest feedback. :)

Cheers!

First, the approval processes used by the various hardware manufacturers are wholly out of anyone's control. Once an update is submitted, it is all beholden to those myriad of processes and standards. That's just a fact of doing business in the console and mobile space. Large company vs small makes no difference there. This just isn't something that will change I'm afraid. :(

That's aside - and more importantly - are the persistent issues and the feeling from you guys that you are being ignored and left to stew. I can assure you that your concerns (both technical and personal) have been noted - along with a list of other items - and a cross-collaborative effort to address this is in the planning stages/under discussion.

Hopefully, further details will be hammered out and able to be shared over the next few weeks.

So, maybe hold off on losing all hope and/or uninstalling just yet. I imagine it will be a process no matter what - but I can 100% insure you that the concerns & issues are not being ignored. I know this because I have consistently read your concerns - and been a part of those discussions.

So, I hope that at least gives you some ray of hope there. Won't make excuses for the past - will only point to a strong push for a better future. More - hopefully - to come soon.

Cheers!
Spoken like I true Terrarian ;(:happy:

@Loki: I appreciate your part in doing whatever you can. Seriously, I do, especially since you could've sat back and watched this part of the forums fester like a canker if you wanted to. But you speak up for us-- and we thank you for it.

I simply ask myself why I should put up with 505 Games when I made it a point to not buy Firaxis/2kGames after the XCOM: EW did the same thing and told others exactly why they shouldn't buy it new. Maybe they are changing on the inside, maybe not. But from out here, it sure doesn't look any different than it did several months ago, especially for some of the smaller requests (responding to Terraria fans).

But I digress. Thank you for your input, Loki.

Understand your perspective and frustration, and I will not make light of it.

I guess you don't have any reason - outside of the continued free updates (yes I know they are buggy, but at least the intent is there).

I don't think it looks any different yet either - but that's part of what this collaboration would seek to address. Just as it took time and experience to make you feel as you do...only the same will cause you to feel otherwise. Again, hoping more will be shared from this at some point soon.

My only intent is to note that discussions in this area are ongoing and to urge patience (beyond the usual empty "be patient" statement). Though Re-Logic does not have direct involvement in the porting or publishing of console/mobile, that does not mean we turn a blind eye and remain uninvolved. In the same vein, I can assure you that 505 are not some unfeeling corporate robots that are aloof to the concerns.

In the end, we shall see and time will tell. Sincerely hoping that whatever happens, you will ultimately take away that things have changed and have a positive opinion of all involved.

All that I can really say at this stage is to stay tuned and see how it all plays out

Cheers

Cheers!
Wait, so the only reason its not released on Amazon yet is because Amazon is a big, flopping ****?

Wait, so the only reason its not released on Amazon yet is because Amazon is a big, flopping ****?

Well, I am not privy to the details - but the approval process is certainly a possibility.

I doubt that makes them "whatever those * mean". :)

Supposedly, but I've seen a few companies pass things through without a problem or suffer maybe a week (and once 2 weeks) of delays. My issue is again that no one from 505 seems interested in keeping us updated on this (like all others) problem. Are they talking to Amazon? Are thyeyjust fixing a few minor bugs on their end (I've seen Amazon reject things for minor stuff, so I get it)? Did they find a huge bug that they want to get sorted first? Did they see the feedback of the Google play version and are tweaking a few things for Amazon and iOS?

One of the most maddening things I've noticed, being a quiet person, is that if you aren't talking about what you're doing, people assume you aren't doing anything. And if you aren't releasing something amazing (Valve remains quiet but no one accuses them of doing nothing) or telling people about the next big update or fix (Defiance becoming free-to-play, Destiny getting major changes to PvP combat), people don't have anything to say, "Hey, stuff is happening!". I just want 505 Games to take some notes on that front.

@Lightmare Prime prime: Wow, you are late to this party. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom