Mobile Mobile Terraria Easter Content & Bugfixes Galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What.... Just loaded up Terraria, launched my world and the first thing I find is that...

ALL RANGED & MELEE WEAPONS FIRE AT HALF SPEED!!!

This is a huge, obvious bug that HALVS my dps for my ranged & magic weapons.
So, I went to the next thing on my to-do list. I reforged my 1.2 weapons, spending around 45 platinum, then bought the coloured wrenches. All good, so far - until I went to the painter. I bought some paint, brushes etc then found out that the painting system STILL doesn't work. Not happy. I made a list of all the bugs I found last version, and you seem to have fixed little. Sorry 505 Games - Terraria still doesn't deserve my 4th and 5th Star.

Yes, expect an e-mail from me soon.

Back on the iPad Air, iOS 8.3. I can open local or cloud worlds and play just fine. However, attempting to open a Piggy Bank results in an instant crash every time.

[eta] This happens when I try to open a Piggy Bank placed before the first crash, as well as when I place a different Piggy Bank. Happens on both cloud and locally saved worlds.

Also happens with a newly created character, with a previously placed or newly placed Piggy Bank.

Last edited:
Oh sure, I don't think anyone minds you guys swapping bug stories-- the comment was more directed at irregular posters who are leaving bug reports titled to 505 here. :merchantsmile:

I hate autocorrect. So, so much. :merchantmad:

Lol, look at the iOS users, having to uninstall and delete files. At least Amazon users were spared from being guinea pigs. Our games just crash, theyre still playable. :p

After some dialogue with 505 Games this morning (via email), none of their suggestions (disabling phone network communication, reboot, etc.) have restored playability on the iOS platform for the 1.2.7901 update. They did suggest a start clean, wiping the game and my invested time, then reinstalling the app. I find this unacceptable, because in essence they have partially given up fixing the issue. Anyone able to still play, you are at risk now and in the future losing your progress. I am holding out from wiping the game hoping they find a fix. Good luck all. It was a great port.

After some dialogue with 505 Games this morning (via email), none of their suggestions (disabling phone network communication, reboot, etc.) have restored playability on the iOS platform for the 1.2.7901 update. They did suggest a start clean, wiping the game and my invested time, then reinstalling the app. I find this unacceptable, because in essence they have partially given up fixing the issue. Anyone able to still play, you are at risk now and in the future losing your progress. I am holding out from wiping the game hoping they find a fix. Good luck all. It was a great port.

I would not wipe your content. Noone has given up on fixes - FAR from it.

Let me reiterate the last part: NOONE should wipe their hard earned and built content (unless you want to). I fully understand and appreciate what such a deletion means to Terrarians and do not advise that path lightly.

505 Games did suggest a clean start, but I didn't. I won't delete and I do plan to wait for a fix. For the rest of the readers who did update and are still able to play, I would stop until there's another update.

I'm just doing stuff on Terraria, no matter if it crashes, lags, or glitches. Sadly, it doesn't have quite as much to offer as the 1.2.1.2 PC update. I can't create multiple playthrough worlds (3 - 6 worlds at a time), when I do, it is sorta easy (smaller worlds and easier bosses), and some things are impossible to obtain (no ice mimics, paladins, or corrupters/floaty grosses)

I have now noticed that newly created characters that crashes within 15 minutes also becomes unplayable if I play them for a short while and exit/save. After that the game crashes when trying to load any world. Sadly that costed me even more top notch items since they became locked up within character :(
(Reported to 505)

Agree with above, no deleting of character(s)/world(s)... Not with 100s of hours played ;(

//daniel-san

Ye gods!!!

Was I not complaining about how Google's version had more bugs in it than before just a few weeks ago, and that was ALL we had to complain about?? Holy crap, I honestly did not expect file corruption for you iOS guys after waiting so long for the update! My deepest condolences to you, and I hope everything turns out for the better in the end. :merchantsad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom