**REPORTED** [Mobile] Unsafe dungeon walls always considered as brick variant

MagicasquirrelTMT

Official Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Redmi 8
Mobile OS
Android 10
Game version: 1.4.4.5

Issue: when making artificial dungeon farms using unsafe walls, they always seem to be considered as the brick variant and spawn brick wall related post-plantera enemies.

When making a farm to take down skeleton snipers for my ranger playthrough, I noticed an awfully low spawnrate on them in spite of using the correct wall type (slab) on which they should spawn more. After checking multiple sources, I realized the spawns were more similar to the brick wall variant - blue armored bones, commandos, paladins and necromancers.

Just to double check, I took down all the walls in my farm and replaced them with tiled walls, which should have different enemy priority. The spawns remained the same.

This only applies to player placed walls. Natural generated dungeon walls function properly in terms of enemy spawns.

Last edited:
Game version: 1.4.4.5

Issue: when making artificial dungeon farms using unsafe walls, they always seem to be considered as the brick variant and spawn brick wall related post-plantera enemies.

When making a farm to take down skeleton snipers for my ranger playthrough, I noticed an awfully low spawnrate on them in spite of using the correct wall type (slab) on which they should spawn more. After checking multiple sources, I realized the spawns were more similar to the brick wall variant - blue armored bones, commandos, paladins and necromancers.

Just to double check, I took down all the walls in my farm and replaced them with tiled walls, which should have different enemy priority. The spawns remained the same.

This only applies to player placed walls. Natural generated dungeon walls function properly in terms of enemy spawns.
Hi @MagicasquirrelTMT this should be adjusted in 1.4.4.6 (which Mobile doesn’t have yet).

Patch notes:
- Adjusted some unintuitive spawning conditions with unsafe Dungeon and Underground Desert Backwalls, where they required a wall to be placed behind the block where the enemies would be spawning instead of just above it. This is no longer the case.

As a workaround, place the wall type behind the blocks of where the enemies will spawn. In versions 1.4.4.5 and before, the game is only checking the wall that’s behind the block they stand on.

You can check the other bugs that’ll be patched. There are notes for all patches that've been released on PC. If it was a bug in PC, it’ll be a bug in mobile until mobile gets that patch: Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

Back
Top Bottom