Resolved [Mobile] Why is this not a house?

Venkoa

Terrarian
Hi all, just started playing mobile yesterday. Wondering why nobody is coming to this building?
image.jpg

image.jpg

I forget if that is a thing on console/mobile or not but other than that odd platform I see nothing wrong with the room.

Could just be the way it looks on that platform but the wall above the platform looks not filled in.

Put back wall in... That bit between floors needs backwall, not to mention if that was intended to be 2 rooms; as the other people mentioned the platform should be level with the room's floor above.

Almost looks like you are missing a lot of backwall, especially according to the map... Unsure if the case but it is what it appears.

The lower room would not count as suitable house because it has gaps in its wall larger than 4 tiles. You can have as many gaps as you want in a room (even to the point where the room is more open air than walled as long none of the gaps are larger than 4 tiles large.

Thus the missing backwalls between the rooms is irrelelvant, as is the part with the missing wall on the upper room, each of these is only 2-3 tiles large. Where your platforms are located does not matter either, as you have them, they complete the room (and double as door).

The upper room should be valid (but sometimes the housing mechanic has issues with nonsquare rooms, try relocating the chair until it works), the lower one is not.

The lower room would not count as suitable house because it has gaps in its wall larger than 4 tiles. You can have as many gaps as you want in a room (even to the point where the room is more open air than walled as long none of the gaps are larger than 4 tiles large.

Thus the missing backwalls between the rooms is irrelelvant, as is the part with the missing wall on the upper room, each of these is only 2-3 tiles large. Where your platforms are located does not matter either, as you have them, they complete the room (and double as door).

The upper room should be valid (but sometimes the housing mechanic has issues with nonsquare rooms, try relocating the chair until it works), the lower one is not.
The platforms don't complete the room. I've tested this, he needs to move them up or place blocks in the sides.

The platforms don't complete the room. I've tested this, he needs to move them up or place blocks in the sides.
Huh, thats strange, because i've built houses with the platforms like this before and it works... (I did slant the blocks next/above the platforms though)

Back
Top Bottom