Resolved [Mobile] Why won't dark mummies spawn in my crimson desert?

MaKenna

Terrarian
Hi, I want dark mummies to spawn in my crimson desert so I can get the dark shard. I am sure I am on hardmode and I have a crimson desert. Why wont the dark mummies spawn? Does the desert need to be next to the crimson heart that contains the alters? Please help

Hi, I want dark mummies to spawn in my crimson desert so I can get the dark shard. I am sure I am on hardmode and I have a crimson desert. Why wont the dark mummies spawn? Does the desert need to be next to the crimson heart that contains the alters? Please help
Hi @MaKenna, I believe there is a bug right now that Dark Mummies will spawn in Corruption Desert only. They should spawn in a Crimson Desert, but do not.

A workaround is to bring Corrupted Sand (Ebonsand) into your Crimson world. You’ll just need a layer of ebonsand and then dark mummies should spawn. The easiest way to do that is to create a new world (make sure it’s corruption), grab some ebonstone from it, go to your original world, lay down one thin layer of ebonstone, then lay one layer of sand on it. The ebonstone will turn the regular sand into ebonsand.

The mobile version is getting the big 1.3 update which includes an entirely new codebase, so hopefully a lot of these issues won’t be present. There is no word yet what system requirements are, and no word yet when the update will be out.

Back
Top Bottom