Moon lord anti climax?

It's not deniable that it takes significantly more mechanical skill, ingenuity, and technique to beat any boss through more "normal" means than it does to use something such as runway or tanking. But that's besides the point, I never said I thought they'd give him countermeasures to carting away, I said that I think they'll fix the bug where you can kill invincible enemies with the cart. It might take more effort than it does to camp on a spike, but unless someone officially states that it's intentional we should assume that it was not, and bugs like this don't usually last forever after becoming known.

You're painting it as a black and white issue when clearly it's more nuanced. Precendents exist on both sides - the devs have been OK with certain non-standard ways of beating bosses and they have fixed other non-standard approaches. It's pretty evident that the devs are OK with approaches that require some degree of effort and/or some degree of constructional skill.

Since we have yet to establish whether killing the eyes with the minecart crosses that line from acceptable to fix-worthy, it's best to hold off on making any judgments. However, I anticipate it'll be more difficult to make it work consistently, and coupled with the fact that it's only relevant to a portion of the Moon Lord fight and it's only slightly better than other approaches, I seriously doubt whether this is even remotely in need of fixing.

Also, as far as fixing something because it's a bug, the devs have already demonstrated that they don't automatically do that (two major bugs are now essentially "features" of the game).

You're painting it as a black and white issue when clearly it's more nuanced. Precendents exist on both sides - the devs have been OK with certain non-standard ways of beating bosses and they have fixed other non-standard approaches. It's pretty evident that the devs are OK with approaches that require some degree of effort and/or some degree of constructional skill.

Since we have yet to establish whether killing the eyes with the minecart crosses that line from acceptable to fix-worthy, it's best to hold off on making any judgments. However, I anticipate it'll be more difficult to make it work consistently, and coupled with the fact that it's only relevant to a portion of the Moon Lord fight and it's only slightly better than other approaches, I seriously doubt whether this is even remotely in need of fixing.

Also, as far as fixing something because it's a bug, the devs have already demonstrated that they don't automatically do that (two major bugs are now essentially "features" of the game).

Man, I didn't say that it had to be fixed, I said that I personally thought the devs would fix it at some point. I do not judge killing the eyes with minecarts to be "unfair" or "unfun".

Also, what bugs do you happen to be talking about? Things like Hoiking don't exactly screw with the mechanics of a boss they clearly put some effort into putting on a level above every other encounter in the game (well, unless you make a build that requires significantly more effort than a minecart track), I don't think it's comparable.

The true eyes try to position themselves above their target when they're not performing an attack and will end up ramming you if you aren't moving due to inertia so it's trivial to make physical contact with them even if you're completely immobile.

I want to say its not this simple; I'm sure I've collided with the eyes at times without killing them. I know it works when the eyes have stopped moving (as they do before launching an attack), but not sure if it works when they're charging at you. Needs more experimentation to be sure though...

Designing an automated track would certainly be a challenge, my track is a fairly basic circular design and most of the time the eyes stop in a position I can't reach.

I've never been all that good at combat in the game, so I thought he was really hard. I first fought him with full Beetle Armor, the Daybreak, the other Solar pillar weapon, and a Stardust Dragon.
Idk if that was part of my problem or not.

Back
Top Bottom