Game Mechanics More Death Stuff: Die With Style

Do you like this idea!

• Yes! This is cool!

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • YES! BLOOD! DEATH! VIOLENCE! KILL!

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No. I don't like this.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No. It would increase the ESRB rating of a game targeted specifically at young children.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Omg, this is too... AWSOME! Also for those people that think terraria would be too violent, calm down, there is a could be a setting and also a pop up warning "for mature only" or a 1 dollar fee for the cool deaths. Actually, if you think this game isnt violent, some bosses like skeletron that have blood dripping from hands (Got a suggestion! Put in where if skeletron kills you with his hands, you get slapped off the screen like in smash bros with a similar explosive effect) and the crimson is basically based off of blood. You might as well go play minecraft if the game is too violent....
Boss deaths-

Eye of Cthuthlu
If Killed in 1st stage, switches to stage 2, and eats player
Eater of Worlds
Vile spit- Players skin becomes green and falls over
Body- Smashes player on ground, simply
King Slime
Player gets smushed in King slime aside by ninja
Brain of Cthuthlu
Servant or in 2nd stadge- brings player up in air and dies off screen
Contact in second stages- Players disappears out of midair

Oh heeeeeell naw. We aren't turning Terraria into a microtransactions game.
Agreed.

Also I think I said this before but I still think that this is kind of unnecessarily violent? I feel like its bad enough to see my little guy explode into a billion pieces whenever he dies. I don't want to see my character be eaten alive by piranhas or commit suicide.

Agreed.

Also I think I said this before but I still think that this is kind of unnecessarily violent? I feel like its bad enough to see my little guy explode into a billion pieces whenever he dies. I don't want to see my character be eaten alive by piranhas or commit suicide.
I also said you could have a option for this

I'm not sure about this suggestion. I've viewed it a few times and finally decided to drop a post on why I don't want this.
If you look around on these forum, you can see that some people are parents, and they mention that their kids plays terraria in a post how one of the save files are broken and the kid is now really upset. While terraria has a solid amount of gore, if children are playing it, there certainly should not be death by suicide. This sets a negative image and can be very upsetting to all ages. If you want this, perhaps change this death first. And perhaps you might say "suicidal and depressed people don't play terraria." If you look around the forums, you'll see a good number of people here have some form of depression. With a few tweaks, this could be grimly humorous, but currently it needs to be changed.
And yes, there's the option to turn it off, but a game shouldn't have suicide in it in the first place. i don't care if you can't see it. It doesn't belong.
i am being hypocritical aren't i

Back
Top Bottom