Game Mechanics More Functional Statues: Changes to existing statues

Warpshard

Empress of Light
We've all been there. You're grinding for an item, and the enemy that drops it is rare, or it's a ridiculously small drop chance. This was fixed partially with the addition of statues being able to spawn monsters from statues when they are powered. However, most statues don't do anything, despite being statues of enemies. This suggestion would hope to fix that.
divider.png
Currently, there are more statues that are just decorative than there are functional. I'd like to make more statues spawn monsters, with most of their original drops. Here's the list of statues to get changed:
Armor_Statue.png
Armor Statue: Currently, this is one of the only craftable statues that aren't letter statues. I'd like to propose that they have their crafting recipe removed, and when activated, will spawned Possessed Armor, even in Pre-Hardmode. Although, since Statue mobs don't drop coins, then this one will be relatively useless, since Possessed Armor doesn't drop anything. Still kind of useful for map makers.
Bow_Statue.png
Bow Statue: If activated, it would spawn a Skeleton Archer, but only in Hardmode. Normal Items would still be dropped.
Corrupt_Statue.png
Corrupt Statue: If activated, it would spawn an Eater of Souls, and it would always be of the medium variety. It would still drop its normal items.
Eyeball_Statue.png
Eyeball Statue: If activated, it would spawn a Demon Eye, and could drop all of its normal drops.
Goblin_Statue.png
Goblin Statue: If activated, it would spawn a Goblin Scout, and could still drop Tattered Cloth.
Hornet_Statue.png
Hornet Statue: If activated, it would spawn a Hornet, and would still drop its normal items.
Imp_Statue.png
Imp Statue: If activated, it would spawn a Fire Imp, which could still drop an Obsidian Rose, Plumber's Hat, and a Banner.
Pickaxe_Statue.png
Pickaxe Statue: When activated, an Undead Miner would spawn, and would still drop its normal items.
Reaper_Statue.png
Reaper Statue: When activated, a Wraith would spawn, but only in Hardmode, making this a pretty dangerous statue. It would still drop its normal items.
Sword_Statue.png
Sword Statue: When activated, an Armored Bones would spawn. However, this statue can only be used in the Post-Plantera Dungeon, and which mob that spawns depends on which wall it's in front of. If the Statue is activated in front of a Slab wall, Rusty Armored Bones (all varieties) will spawn. In front of Dungeon Brick Walls, Blue Armored bones will spawn. If used in front of Tiled Walls, Hell Armored Bones would spawn. They would all have their normal drops.

Last edited:
Sword Statues are too complicated. Anyways I like the rest of these used. Maybe there would be a slight chance for an EoC to spawn when using the eye statue. Would be pretty funny.

You do realize that the mimic's drops are only meant to be obtainable in hardmode, right? the same goes for armored bones and skeleton archers, their drops are way to powerful and shouldn't be obtainable with statues.

Ah... no thanks.

The only statues that spawn mobs are the ones that don't have a huge effect on the game. That's because it's very easy to just stick it in a thin layer of lava and activate a 1 second timer on it. Therefore, unless you're like me and stumble upon a Chest statue that generated in the middle of a dart trap pre-HM, no matter how much you buff the mobs they're all going to be easy grinding fodder.

In fact, I think the rarest usable item obtainable via statues is the Shark Fin. Which really isn't that rare in the first place. A lot of your statues, however, allow the spawning of rare mobs into a controlled environment...
So the only statues I could really see as being balanced here are the Eyeball Statue and the Corrupter Statue.

And no mimics w/ their drop tables. Again, lava trap makes for very easy grinding.

Could you suggest ways to fix the changes I proposed? The Hardmode-exclusive monsters could only be spawned with Statues in hardmode after doing something, like killing one of the Mechanical Bosses, or something like that. As for the Mimic Drop table, should I make changes or just get rid of it entirely?

I removed the Mimic part of the suggestion, since all of you said that it was too overpowered.

Although, I don't think that the Hardmode Monsters should only drop banners, since that kind of defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. I understand not wanting Hardmode items on a Pre-Hardmode world, even though the things you get from them aren't very useful in Pre-Hardmode. You get two items to prevent debuffs from enemies that don't even spawn before Hardmode, a sword & a spell with an incredibly low drop chance, a, a feather you can't do anything with, and a portable light source that is smarter than the Shadow Orb. The only things I can see being issues with balance are the Keybrand & Magnet Sphere, which I'll probably remove from the Drop list, if you say it's required.

It's understandable with the Lost Girl since it completely defeats the point of her rarity, but with Armored Bones and Skeletal Archers, there's no reason for their drops that are part of the Ankh Shield to be removed. All it would do is make getting parts of the Ankh Shield slightly easier, and even then, they're still relatively strong monsters.

Last edited:
I like the armor statue because it's the very first statue that was in the game, it reminds me of the days before there was hardmode, I wouldn't like changing it to something like this.
Not to mention that its kinda OP spawning a harmode mob into a possible non-hardmode world.

I'm gonna have to say no to most of this. While I don't mind a few, I dislike the common mob statues because they drop materials for boss summons(goblin, hornet, eater of souls). The only exception so far is King Slime(slime statue), the weakest boss and the one with nothing to do with progression. Which I am fine with.

Going on to the rare mob statues(goblin, ancient miner and lost girl), I dislike them even more. It breaks the thrill of finding rare mobs if you can just spawn them in once you have the corresponding statues. I prefer that they stay as non-statue spawn-ables.

And the last ones I have trouble with are the HM-mob statues, especially if they drop everything on their loot table. It breaks too many tier progression.

The rest(not much of it, if one had to guess) are fine.

Pickaxe statue over powered. You could cut off HOURS of searching for the darn miner set. I haven't gotten a single piece of it ever, and I have over 1000 hours. Lots of that spent in the caverns. I kill every one I see too.

There are a few ideas that should be added to this
  • Eye statue: spawns 75% demon eye/ 25% wandering eye. (both normal and hardmode)
  • Gloom statue: spawns cursed skull. (both normal and hardmode)
  • Potion statue: spawns 95% lesser healing potion/ 5% lesser mana potion. (both normal and hardmode)
  • Tree statue: spawns acorns. (both normal and hardmode)

Back
Top Bottom