Sprites More Helpful NPCs for noobs like me

AndrewIsntCool

Terrarian
Hello. I am Andrew and this is my first thread. My suggestion is a little tweak to some of the npcs.
I only have the mobile version of Terraria, so if something here is already added to 1.3 or does not apply to PC Terraria, I apologize in advance.
Whenever you get close to a npc, a cute little speech bubble appears as if the npc was talking to you. This does not have much of a use besides astetics, so I thought i would make it more useful.
IMG_1327.PNG
My suggestion is for the npc text bubble to be a little more useful. it will be a picture of an item they are selling inside the bubble instead of just text. when you click on the npc, in this case the merchant, he will tell you a little more about that item. the reason I thought of this was because I am a total noob at Terraria and I had no idea what some materials did. the tooltip literally said "material", so i had to look it up. if you are still confused about what i am talking about, here are two pictures i made that better explain.
Terraria sprite 1.png
Terraria sprite 2.png
I apologize for my bad photoshopping skills. I could not get even close with the font.

Maybe there could be a setting to turn it off, when you've learned about all the items that might get annoying.

Radical Pro Mode: On (Npc tips off)

I don't know if you can check what you can make from material(s) in mobile version. Crafted item from Gold Dust actually say what is it for, tooltip say it drop more gold on enemy death or not?

It is only (to be honest) 17 Silver Coins per one, which isn't too much or is it?

If you can check what you can make from the material at the Guide and say tooltip/description of the item (while checking in the game a crafting recipe) then no support.
Why? It isn't mecessary and I think this useless.
EDIT: It is what is Guide for, or not? You have to correct me if nobody can't check what you can make from what item material.

I don't know if you can check what you can make from material(s) in mobile version. Crafted item from Gold Dust actually say what is it for, tooltip say it drop more gold on enemy death or not?

It is only (to be honest) 17 Silver Coins per one, which isn't too much or is it?

If you can check what you can make from the material at the Guide and say tooltip/description of the item (while checking in the game a crafting recipe) then no support.
Why? It isn't mecessary and I think this useless.
EDIT: It is what is Guide for, or not? You have to correct me if nobody can't check what you can make from what item material.
you cannot check what materials will make in the mobile version unless you have all the materials to make something, then it will show up in the crafting table. the tooltip is what really tells you stuff about the item, but the tooltip for gold dust and many other items is "material".

you cannot check what materials will make in the mobile version unless you have all the materials to make something, then it will show up in the crafting table. the tooltip is what really tells you stuff about the item, but the tooltip for gold dust and many other items is "material".
You can't check what materials are used for with the guide in mobile?
That's pretty crap.
Seems like that'd make a much better suggestion to add then this.

Either way, this'd be annoying for PC players, since the NPCs have the whole "conversation/dialogue bubble" thing now. They'll sometimes even play rock paper scissors.

You can't check what materials are used for with the guide in mobile?
That's pretty crap.
Seems like that'd make a much better suggestion to add then this.

Either way, this'd be annoying for PC players, since the NPCs have the whole "conversation/dialogue bubble" thing now. They'll sometimes even play rock paper scissors.
I agree that in mobile you should be able to check what materials make. I do not own PC Terraria, so I did not know you could check materials with the guide. I cant change the prefix to the post. If i could do that, I would change it to the "mobile" prefix, since this does not apply to PC Terraria.

I agree that in mobile you should be able to check what materials make. I do not own PC Terraria, so I did not know you could check materials with the guide. I cant change the prefix to the post. If i could do that, I would change it to the "mobile" prefix, since this does not apply to PC Terraria.
Perhaps try contacting a mod about it?

Back
Top Bottom