Weapons & Equip More inventory space, the magic bag!

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

Pinelord

Official Terrarian
Anyone ever gotten frustrated when going down into the jungle or dungeon, and you have so much stuff that you don't want to get rid of because you either need it, are a hoarder, or want to sell most of it? Well I know I have. I've seen a bit of people make suggestions for this problem, most of which were accessory items. Now, as big a problem as I find it to be, I don't think the problem deserves an accessory when I could use a more useful one. Now, onto my idea for the problem!

Magic Bag
Magic Bag.png

Pretty generic looking sack, right? Well carry it around in your inventory and right click on it and it shows you an extra 40 inventory slots. Place any type of item that you please inside of the bag, right click on it again to close it, and be on your merry way. Should you somehow lose your magic bag, don't worry. Its contents are saved for every character same way a piggy bank works.

Recipe:
Ectoplasm.png
x15
Soul_of_Fright.png
x10
Leather.png
x5

Now, I'm well aware that leather can only be acquired on corruption worlds. So what I was thinking was that leather can be sold by the merchant after having defeated either the BoC or the EoW.

OR ALTERNATIVELY
you can get it from the Beggar NPC that I'm working on. Have no idea when I will finish it, so just hold on to your pants and wait if you actually like the idea of a beggar NPC.

So what do you think?​

Last edited:
I think the recipe is really, really op.
I would add a little Ectoplasm, if I were you.
After all, 58 more spaces are already obtainable using ye olde Piggy and Safe.

Honestly, this bag would not be too handy if it was that late-game. It ruins the whole concept. I'd even nerf the recipe to make it obtainable pre-hardmode.
I literally just made it post plantera a few minutes ago as recommended.

I literally just made it post plantera a few minutes ago as recommended.

Yeah, waaaay too late. It's just not a post-plantera item in my opinion. You even stated yourself, that it was of use in the dungeon and the jungle, yet it's not even available then. But in the end it's just subjective, so I can't do that much about it.

Yeah, waaaay too late. It's just not a post-plantera item in my opinion. You even stated yourself, that it was of use in the dungeon and the jungle, yet it's not even available then. But in the end it's just subjective, so I can't do that much about it.
Hmmm... I have an idea. I'm making a Beggar NPC that gives you random items for paying him. I could include the magic bag as part of his giant pile of loot. He appears sometimes in the morning after you have 4 NPCs and leaves before night like the traveling merchant.

Hmmm... I have an idea. I'm making a Beggar NPC that gives you random items for paying him. I could include the magic bag as part of his giant pile of loot. He appears sometimes in the morning after you have 4 NPCs and leaves before night like the traveling merchant.
Sounds pretty awesome to me, a Magic Bag sounds very typical for beggars.

Back
Top Bottom