Weapons & Equip More Mechanical Items: Become a Machine!

GIRGHGH

Empress of Light
I've always liked the way mechanical bosses looked, but the only items that look at all like them are the masks, witch only look like one, and don't look much like a functional armor piece.

Armor: Mechanical Armor
Helmet: 10 souls of sight, 10 souls of fright, 25 iron bars
25 defense
+10% crit
night owl effect
hunter effect

Chestplate: 10 souls of sight, 10 souls of might, 10 souls of fright, 30 iron bars
30 defense
+14% damage
+4 sec. flight time

Greaves: 10 souls of might, 5 souls of fright, 30 iron bars
14 defense
+15% movement speed
increases jump hight (no stack with frog legs, yes with balloon/featherfall)

Set Bonus: You pulsate and release a slow but constant stream of super viscus nanite bullets in every direction that pierce infinitely and confuse enemies, 5 block range. -5 defense.

But what is an armor set without unique weapons! What do robots usually have? Lasers, claws, metal fists, and a whole bunch of other things.

First off, I will start with a pretty unique weapon.
The Not Cannon: Prefix goes after the "Not". You will see why.
Crafting: 5 souls of might, 5 souls of sight, 5 souls of fright, 16 Adamantitanium. bars
-102 ranged damage
-1% crit
Very weak knockback
Average Speed
Uses cannon balls as amo
As it has - damage, positive damage and critical increases will reduce effectiveness, and negative ones would increases it. I couldn't do that for knockback or speed though. That kind of thing doesn't work.

Mechanical Fist: Looks like the mechanical Glove. Works like a fat, short spear.
Crafting: 5 souls of might, 5 souls of fright, 10 iron bars, ANY accessory that is a mechanical glove or uses that in crafting needs to be in your inventory or equipped.
56 Melee damage
10% crit
Super Insane knockback
Very Fast speed
80% axe power
100% Hammer Power
Any effects by the mechanical glove or items that use it in crafting are amplified by 10%. With fire gauntlet, inflicts cursed flames instead of on fire.

Mechanical Bow: Fires mechanical arrows instead of other ones. Can go through 10 blocks Affected by gravity, ordinary velocity.
Crafting: 5 souls of sight, 5 souls of fright
24 Ranged damage
4% crit
Very weak knockback
Super Insanely fast speed
Has a chance to fire a half damage laser
Pierces 10 enemies

Mechanical Amalgamation: Lobs Mechanical random Junk parts, the remnants of past defeated bosses.
Crafting: 10 souls of sight, 10 souls of might, 10 souls of fright
48 Magic damage
4% crit
average knockback
Average Speed
Dest. Part: Shoots a half damage laser every 2 seconds, 30%
Eye Part: Normal, 40%
Skel. Part: + 6 damage, 20%
Bolt: + 50% crit, 10%

Last edited:
The Not Cannon: Prefix goes after the "Not". You will see why.
Crafting: 5 souls of might, 5 souls of sight, 5 souls of fright, 16 adatitanmaniumtite bars
-102 ranged damage
-1% crit
Very weak knockback
Average Speed
Uses cannon balls as amo
As it has - damage, positive damage and critical increases will reduce effectiveness, and negative ones would increases it. I couldn't do that for knockback or speed though. That kind of thing doesn't work.
I have personally made a weapon that fires cannon balls, the negative damage thing is unique I'll give you that.

Also why iron? Hallowed bars are right there.

Also why is it listed as super insanely fast speed?

I love the reversed reforges on the Not Cannon. I'm tempted to give a like just for that.
I think the armour should be crafted with Hallowed instead of Iron bars, and you should probably solve the souls disparity.
I like the weapons, they are pretty cool, especialy the Not Cannon and Amalgamation.
You should probably specify the damage/knockback of the nanite cloud set bonus, then we can better judge if it is OP/UP or not.
Decent idea!

I love the reversed reforges on the Not Cannon. I'm tempted to give a like just for that.
I think the armour should be crafted with Hallowed instead of Iron bars, and you should probably solve the souls disparity.
I like the weapons, they are pretty cool, especialy the Not Cannon and Amalgamation.
You should probably specify the damage/knockback of the nanite cloud set bonus, then we can better judge if it is OP/UP or not.
Decent idea!
The idea is that all bosses drop souls, all bosses drop hallowed bars. Why use both, when I can use one? Also, all the mechanical boss summons are made with iron and souls, so I decided that it would be best to require iron to make items that copy that.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432147048,1432146968][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have personally made a weapon that fires cannon balls, the negative damage thing is unique I'll give you that.

Also why iron? Hallowed bars are right there.

Also why is it listed as super insanely fast speed?
Iron reasoning above^^^
The super insanely fast speed is because all the mechanical arrows are connected end to end, to look like a mechanical arm or a destroyer.

I absolutely adore this whole suggestion, but isnt the Defense on the armor incredibly overpowered?

Which is just silly. Why have a set bonus that decreases a stat when you could just not have that stat in the first place?
Miss-matching armor pieces is a thing. +another reason that has to to with something realistic but I don't feel like saying it cause this amount of typing is already enough for me, and I don't have hours to spend typing on and on about something you will probably not appreciate.

Personal attacks are not allowed in this section or on these forums.
Miss-matching armor pieces is a thing. +another reason that has to to with something realistic but I don't feel like saying it cause this amount of typing is already enough for me, and I don't have hours to spend typing on and on about something you will probably not appreciate.
So basically your too lazy to support the thread you created?

The "not cannon" seems extremely overpowered, especially if it was given the broken prefix
Broken would severely affect it's knockback. Knockback cannot be added to the list of negative things list because of how it works. Knockback is very important, especially in hardmode.

So basically your too lazy to support the thread you created?
You are the one calling me lazy. Also, how does that count as criticism of the OP? If you want to give constructive criticism, it needs to be of the OP. Otherwise it's an insult as it's something I said about myself, not facts.
But not that important compared to an insane damage boost.
I'm beginning to think you are trolling me, as you have not said anything positive, or even anything HELPFUL. If you have a problem, don't just ask me to fix it, you need to tell me HOW you think I should fix it. I don't know exactly what would make you, one person, a happy person.

You are the one calling me lazy. Also, how does that count as criticism of the OP? If you want to give constructive criticism, it needs to be of the OP. Otherwise it's an insult as it's something I said about myself, not facts.

I'm beginning to think you are trolling me, as you have not said anything positive, or even anything HELPFUL. If you have a problem, don't just ask me to fix it, you need to tell me HOW you think I should fix it. I don't know exactly what would make you, one person, a happy person.
So you cant take any criticism?

Broken would severely affect it's knockback. Knockback cannot be added to the list of negative things list because of how it works. Knockback is very important, especially in hardmode.
Even without a modifier that give a 30 damage boost, this weapon does insane damage and would kill most enemies in one or two shots. It might be justified if it's a weapon placed on the ground, but you didn't say it was and those weapons can't get modifiers anyway.

I can take suggestion criticism, but not criticism directed at me. That is against forum rules, be thankful I haven't reported you on that. I am very sensitive. And BUSY.
So many things wrong with that. What I have been saying IS suggestion criticism, your sensitivity is irrelevant, and you should be BUSY with working around something you started.

Even without a modifier that give a 30 damage boost, this weapon does insane damage and would kill most enemies in one or two shots. It might be justified if it's a weapon placed on the ground, but you didn't say it was and those weapons can't get modifiers anyway.
How about I lower the attack speed. Also, I did the math, 30% of -102 is about -30. 240 total damage isn't much compared to the loadouts I've seen for the sniper rifle. It also has VERY low critical strike chance.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432252969,1432252948][/DOUBLEPOST]
So many things wrong with that. What I have been saying IS suggestion criticism, your sensitivity is irrelevant, and you should be BUSY with working around something you started.
You called me lazy, that's very insulting to me. Soon I will start disliking you.

Personal attacks are not allowed in this section or on these forums.
How about I lower the attack speed. Also, I did the math, 30% of -102 is about -30. 240 total damage isn't much compared to the loadouts I've seen for the sniper rifle. It also has VERY low critical strike chance.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432252969,1432252948][/DOUBLEPOST]
You called me lazy, that's very insulting to me. Soon I will start disliking you.
How are you not lazy when you refuse to answer critique because "Too much typing for me"?

Back
Top Bottom