Game Mechanics More options for Target Dummies

Why do I even make these polls?

• Great idea, this would make Dummies more useful.

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • I like the idea, but there's too many options.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I guess more defence is ok, but the rest are pointless.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave the fourms and die- I mean I don't like this idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Storm

Golem
I almost hijacked this thread: Armor on Target Dummies with this, so I'll move it to my own :dryadsmile:
Currently target dummies are quite limited, they have no defence and always show a higher DPS than what you could reach when fighting real enemies. Also none of you homing weapons work on them which can limit how well they perform in the tests.

Here's what I propose, right clicking on any dummy brings up an interface with a list of options, the options are as followed:

Dummy max health: [Infinite-9999999]
(When it runs out of health it breaks but you can replace it, a good way to see how long it takes to deal certain damage)
Defence: [0-9999]
Damage resistance: [0%-99%]
Knockback immunity: [-100%-100%]
(I'd love to send dummies flying around :dryadgrin:)
Projectiles home in? [Yes/No]
Immune to Debuffs? [Yes/No]
Minions target dummy? [Yes/No]​

The dummies perhaps shouldn't activate any of your set bonuses such as the Spectre and Nebula health regen, as this could be exploited, though perhaps offensive buffs could still work but would be reset immediately upon striking a real enemy so you can test your true DPS.
List of activated set bonuses:
  • Orichalcum
  • Frost
  • Huntress/Red riding
  • Chlorophyte
  • Spectre (Mask only)
  • Beetle (Scalemail only, reset upon hitting an enemy)
  • Solar Flare
  • Nebula (Damage boost only, reset upon hitting an enemy)
  • Titanium
  • +Any other DoT debuffs
List of non-activated set bonuses:
  • Palladium
  • Spectre (Hood only)
  • Nebula (Mana/Healing orbs only)
  • +Life Drain and any other healing buffs.
Other damage reduction bonuses can never be activated as dummies don't attack.... yet.

So thoughts? Good idea or should I leave the site forever and never post again?

Last edited:
You do realize that the damage buffs from nebula armor are just as busted as the Regeneration buffs, right?
Well yeah, but I have stated that they get reset if you hit any other enemy, but I'm not sure if that's even possible, maybe the damage buffs only apply to the Dummy.

I completely agree, but wouldn’t if be fun if there were dummy body parts strewn around when they run out of health?

and can you make kB resistance from 100% to -3000%?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom