Weapons & Equip More Stuff Crafted From Luminite

Do we need more items crafted from Luminite?

• Total voters

CrazyDragon

Queen Slime
I was thinking about more end-game weapons and realized the only things crafted from Luminite are (I believe) the armour sets and the drill mount. So I realized the best solution was to make weapons (and a few bonus things like furniture) from Luminite!

Weapons:

The BOOM-erang:
150 Melee Damage
4% Critical Strike Chance
Very Strong Knockback
Fast Speed
Tooltip: "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!"
A large and fast-moving boomerang that homes in on enemies. Upon hitting an enemy, it will cause a powerful explosion that sends out 3-5 "mini-BOOM-erangs" that will home in on enemies and cause small explosions upon hitting them. The mini-BOOM-erangs are consumed, but the actual BOOM-erang will return as normal. The BOOM-erang will not cause explosions when hitting enemies on the way back to you, however. It appears as a silver and teal boomerang with blades at the "tips" and a rocket at the back (when moving it appears as being guided by the rocket rather than spinning, but will spin on the way back). It also gives off light and silver particle effects (the rocket gives off fiery ones, though) trailing behind it.
It is crafted with 12 Luminite bars and 50 Rocket Is at an Ancient Manipulator.

Pike of Moons:
165 Melee Damage
Strong Knockback
Fast Speed
Tooltip: "Don't poke the Moon or you'll make it mad!"
A very long spear that shoots out a fast-moving, straight-traveling, infinitely-piercing spear-shaped projectile that leaves behind a trail of small moons that quickly grow to about twice their original size before disappearing. The spear it's self is a silvery colour with a large fancy point and a few bits in other places. The projectile and it's moons also give off light.
It is crafted with 15 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator.

Lunar Liquifier:
53 Ranged Damage
6% Critical Strike Chance
Fast Speed
No Knockback
Tooltip: "Oh no, it was an acid puddle!"
It's sort of like an upgraded Flamethrower that consumes Gel, but rather than flames it shoots globs of acid. What's special about these is that they are are heavily affected by gravity after about 10 tiles, pierce infinitely, and place down small puddles of acid that slow enemies and cause quick ticks of 5 damage (faster than Shadowflame). The puddles only last about 5 seconds but you can have as many as you want down at a time.
It could be crafted with a Flamethrower (so you actually make it) and 12 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator.

The Impaler:
88 Ranged Damage
10% Critical Strike Chance
Fast Speed
Very Weak Knockback
Turns rockets into lunar spikes
An upgraded Nail Gun that shoots small, fats-moving, light-grey spikes. These spikes work just like the Nail Gun's Nails and explode after a few seconds, damaging nearby enemies. What's different than the Nails is that these spikes release small pieces of Moon rock in all directions that are unaffected by gravity, and will keep going if they don't hit anything. I should note that unlike the Nail Gun, this weapon has a slight knockback from the aftual spikes. Another thing I should mention is that when Rocket IIs and IVs are used, they don't destroy tiles.
It could be made with 15 Luminite bars at an Ancient Manipulator.

M.S.H.G (Magical Space Hornet Gun):
41 Magic Damage
6% Critical Strike Chance
Very Fast Speed
No Knockback
Uses 8 Mana
An upgraded Wasp Gun that shoots 3-8 tiny Alien Hornets. They act just like friendly bees/wasps and home in on enemies, damaging them a bunch of times before dissipating, or just bouncing around. One thing special about these is that unlike the bees/wasps they work in water (but still not lava).
It could be made with a Wasp Gun and 12 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator.

Triton Rod:
68 Magic Damage
Fast Speed
Weak Knockback
Uses 26 Mana
Casts a controllable icy moon
I know everybody hates the Magic Missile and it's upgrades, but just hear me out. The projectile it's self wouldn't deal damage and would pass right through enemies. To deal damage it would instead rapidly shoot infinitely piercing icy projectiles that keep going until hitting a solid tile. The projectiles would have a 60% chance to inflict chilled, and a 5% chance to inflict frozen (won't work on bosses). It can just be fired or let go of well being held to keep going like the other Magic Missile-type weapons, and will shoot at enemies it passes by (like a quick Magnet Sphere). The name is because Triton is the coldest moon in the Solar System.
It could be crafted with 15 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator.

Moon Staff:
Summons a Moon to heal you you.
Summons a large Moon that flies close to you and about every five seconds fires a white bolt at you which heals you for 10-15% of your health as long as you have less than 4/5 of your health. It doesn't add toward your total minion count and you can only have one at a time. The difference from other summons like it is that it doesn't go away unless you delete the buff and isn't stationary.

Dark Moon Staff:
Summons a Dark Moon to weaken your enemies.
Summons a large black moon with no craters except for one in the lower-right corner that about every eight seconds fires a dark-red bolt at an enemy that does no damage but has a 30% chance to inflict Shadowflame for ten seconds, a 20% chance to inflict Shadowflame for 18 seconds, a 20% chance to inflict Cursed Flames for thirty seconds, a 15% chance to inflict Ichor for twenty seconds, an 8% chance to inflict Shadowflame for fourty seconds and a 7% chance to inflict Ichor for thirty-five seconds. Summoning a Dark Moon will override the normal Moon, and vise-versa.

Accessories:

Meteor Guard:
3 Defence
Summons Meteors to Protect You
What this accessory does is summon meteors to orbit you so when you are damaged, one of them flies off to blow up at the nearest enemy. It applies a buff that works just like Beetle Endurance where standing around without getting damaged summons meteors to orbit you, capping at 3.
It could be crafted with 8 Luminite Bars and 8 Meteorite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator.

Meteor Veil:
4 Defence
Tooltip: "You are protected by the heavens."
Just like the Star Veil, but the two stars are replaced by four meteors that have higher damage and explode upon hitting the ground. Explosions do not break blocks or harm players.
It could be crafted with 1 Star Veil and 1 Meteor Guard at a Tinkerer's Workshop.

Mount:

Space Toilet:
Tooltip: "It even has a cup holder!"
Summons a rideable hover-toilet
It's basically a toilet that looks like it's made of Luminite with a little jetpack-bottom. The "jetpack" shoots out green "poof" particles instead of fire. It has infinite flight time and is slightly faster than the UFO mount. When you ride it, it looks like you're sitting down. When summoned, it makes a fart sound instead of the usual "magic shimmery sound".
It could be crafted with 12 Luminite Bars and a Whooppie Cushion at an Ancient Manipulator.

More Coming Soon!

Well, that's it for now. I'll add more stuff soon but for now, feel free to leave feedback and criticism. :joy:

Last edited:
Good suggestion so far
I was thinking of a Endgame Cross-class armor, Galaxy armor, Maybe you could work off of that if you want to?

No. Just no. People will find a way to abuse the crap out of this.

Everything else is great.
Thanks for the tip. I removed that.
Good suggestion so far
I was thinking of a Endgame Cross-class armor, Galaxy armor, Maybe you could work off of that if you want to?
I think that four armours maid from Luminite are enough. This thread is for more unique weapons and end-game variants of weapon types that don't have them. I was also thinking of adding certain furnitures and items like the crystal ball that give you buffs.

Also, if anyone wants to suggest ranged/magic weapons, I'd be grateful.

I was thinking a boomerang called the Throwing Star would be more appropriate, as endgame melee is based off the sun, and the sun is a star.
You have to remember that these items are don't have any Solar Fragments in the crafting recipes so it wouldn't make sense to make them sun-based.

Luminite chests, furniture and building material would be a good first.

It'd be nice to have a summoning staff to summon a miniature Moon lord to help the player out.

Luminite chests, furniture and building material would be a good first.

It'd be nice to have a summoning staff to summon a miniature Moon lord to help the player out.
I'm doing weapons first, followed by an accessory or two with combinations, and then I'm doing furniture. Also, we have enough end-game summoner stuff in my opinion, especially since the whole class only has two types of weapons.

I'm doing weapons first, followed by an accessory or two with combinations, and then I'm doing furniture. Also, we have enough end-game summoner stuff in my opinion, especially since the whole class only has two types of weapons.

Nah, I'll have to argue that there can never be enough summoning weapons.

As an Career Engineer on Tf2 and professional Summoner for Terraria, there is something amazing about proper placement and having summons that can (kinda) take on one of each role; Warrior, mage, ranger and summoner (summons more tiny versions of itself or something).

It's all about using the right tools to best benefit your team, like the engineer. Both fit the support roles by granting extra attackers to assist the other three classes and providing area denial against weaker enemies and single strong enemies. (Though I wonder why there isn't a summoning tool that summons something that will heal anyone else but the summoner.)

It's all placement, building, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your summons, and knowing what your going up again. Easy peasy.

IMO if you're going to do 2 more weapons for each class, it makes MUCH more sense for them to be Luminite and Solar Fragments, or just Solar Fragments. Besides that I like it, and I'm looking forward to more stuff!

I'm really stumped on ranged weapons. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of something along the lines of an upgraded Nail Gun but couldn't think of a name.

I'm really stumped on ranged weapons. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of something along the lines of an upgraded Nail Gun but couldn't think of a name.
Two ideas:

R-3KT - A gun/rocket launcher hybrid that looks like a futuristic cannon extending from your shoulder (kind of like the ones in Edge of Tomorrow)

Ultra Megron - An SDMG alternative, its a baby Megalodon that shoots lasers.

Two ideas:

R-3KT - A gun/rocket launcher hybrid that looks like a futuristic cannon extending from your shoulder (kind of like the ones in Edge of Tomorrow)

Ultra Megron - An SDMG alternative, its a baby Megalodon that shoots lasers.
I was thinking of more of a unique weapon. I'm just trying to think of a weapon that would shoot projectiles with a delayed explosion like the Nail Gun.

It seems to have melee weapons so far. I'm waiting for the other classes!
That's where I'm stumped. I have a few ideas, but you will not believe how hard it is coming up with a name for some of them. :sigh:

Edit: Well, after staring at all the ranged weapons on the wiki for a while, I was able to come up with something. :D

Last edited:
I added the ranged weapons. Now all I need is a couple of magic weapons and I have a unique summoner one in mind. Then I may do accessories, furniture and a few miscellaneous items.

I love the M.S.H.G, but can it shoot bees instead? The wasp gun is unaffected by the Hive Pack, so if this was a hive or bee gun instead, the hive pack would work on it and make it an awesome item! Two ideas; a hive gun could have an amazing sprite, and could be used with the hive pack to craft a cool new weapon.

Back
Top Bottom