muramasa is weak

DuDe-da-man

Official Terrarian
after 1.3, the muramasa seemed a bit... weak for me. why would you use it instead of the newly autoswing bee keeper or broken arkhalis?

Well, you do get the muramasa earlier if you choose to do skeletron then jungle, and not every world has the arkhalis. Its a pretty rare sword. Not to mention that the muramasa is one of the components for the night edge.

Muramasa is fine. It handles the parts of the game it's supposed to pretty well.

Arkhalis is honestly a legendary "cheat" weapon so never consider it when comparing weapons. it's something practically nobody ever gets legit. It's barely part of the game as a bigger picture.

Well, you do get the muramasa earlier if you choose to do skeletron then jungle, and not every world has the arkhalis. Its a pretty rare sword. Not to mention that the muramasa is one of the components for the night edge.
why would you not fight the queen bee first?

Muramasa is fine. It handles the parts of the game it's supposed to pretty well.

Arkhalis is honestly a legendary "cheat" weapon so never consider it when comparing weapons. it's something practically nobody ever gets legit. It's barely part of the game as a bigger picture.
but the bee keeper and falcon blade are still much better, not to mention queen bee is a tier behind skeletron.

No it isn't.
Bee equipment - Orange Rarity
Muramasa - Green Rarity

The muramasa is a lower tier than bee equipment. The jungle is meant to be after the dungeon, not the other way around. Dungeon is considered mid-game, jungle and hell late game.
That's why you do the jungle before dungeon; so you get powerful gear in advance thus making the skeletron fight and the dungeon easier. Its like fighting the EoC with hardmode weapons.

Why do you think the guide doesn't mention the jungle until after you beat skeletron? Because to the game, you are meant progress via the following :

EoC -> EoW/BoC -> Skeletron -> Queen Bee -> WoF

The falcon blade is an orange rarity weapon that's a rare drop from crates. Its a higher tier and harder to find than the muramasa.

You're basically complaining that a low tier weapon is weaker than a higher tier weapon. That's like saying that the minishark should be buffed because its weaker than the clockwork assault rifle.

Last edited:
Falcon Blade is also something you only get for rolling a dice over and over, too. Muramasa is easy and consistent to get, not to mention, bee keeper and falcon blade themselves obsolete just as fast as soon as you get some hellstone, possible as soon as you fight (not even BEAT) EoW/BoC.

Weapons come and go extremely fast in terraria. it's part of the point, a constantly updating lineup of weapons.

if you can get a high tier, strong item easier then a lower tier, weak item, they should probably buff the latter item.

Muramasa is garbage. I only pick it up to use as an upgrade mat. Pretty much everything in the dungeon is :red: except for the shield. You can find better weapons outside.

after 1.3, the muramasa seemed a bit... weak for me. why would you use it instead of the newly autoswing bee keeper or broken arkhalis?

Bee Keeper does not always drop.
Arkhalis... well 6+ playthroughs now, and I've never SEEN an Arkhalis other than in an adventure map.
Falcon Blade comes out of crates, but has a lot less range (but a bit more damage).

Muramasa is a happy medium -- it is a long sword, meaning more range but it also has auto-swing. Depending on your progression, the Muramasa can see some use, depending on what items you already have when you found it.

Otherwise, it can just go into the materials box for when you make your Night's Edge.

There are plenty of easymode weapons that are rather underpowered.

@Hie the Badger : Don't forget about Water Bolt. Water Bolt is one of the most awesome Easymode spells due to its ridiculous utility, range, and general usefulness and ease of use, along with its rather low mana cost. Especially if you happen to see one on the surface and can get it at the beginning of the game. Then it is entirely overpowered.

Muramasa is pretty weak compared to some weapons, but it's one of the first swords with auto-swing and fast use time. I used it pre-1.3 until I managed to geat a Fiery Greatsword or Night's Edge. Its fast autoswing allows you to hit an enemy several times per second, however the low knockback makes it a pretty bad weapon against swarms of skeletons, because you'll likely be hit.

Still it's a vital crafting material for the Night's Edge, a pretty powerful pre-Hardmode weapon.

Water bolt has pretty slow projectile speed though. It isn't great against aerial targets in open areas. In an enclosed space though? Complete murder.

Water bolt has pretty slow projectile speed though. It isn't great against aerial targets in open areas. In an enclosed space though? Complete murder.

Many weapons have their niche, yes. Try using Water Bolt on the Brain the next time you find a surface Water Bolt in a crimson world. Just make some platforms in that round room, and maybe grab a star in a bottle and see how long the silly Brain lasts against Water Bolt with all the bolts bouncing around in that little room, lol.

yeah, and its good against the EoW too, even in expert. You know those narrow shafts that normally work in its favor? The waterbolt can turn the tables, bouncing off the walls repeatedly. The arkhalis does perform a bit better imo, but its still potent.

Feral claws + Heavy modifier Muruasama results in a lot of juggling of basically any enemy i think. Personally i feel its fine, while it cant push away skeletons it deals just enough knockback to stunlock them in place (which gives you a DPS optimum), just mind your footwork and dont keep running into the skeletons.
Also its the bane of any flying enemy of its level. Good hellbat repellent, even more so for bees.

Its not that great, true, but its alright.

Back
Top Bottom