My little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I like it. :0 Hard to guess by my current icon and favorite NPC in my signature.

Still pretty much as addicted to it now as I was when I was shown my first episode in the Summer of 2012.

Gonna' skip the long details of how much I enjoy the show, the community, the fan works, and etc; buuut I enjoy them! :p

I used to watch the show but stopped. Not because I didn't like it anymore... Just don't watch it anymore. Have way too much stuff to do and it isn't important in terms of shows I enjoy watching.

The fandom was a bit too much for me as well. There's always a vocal minority within a hobby that gives it a bad rep, but there were a lot of people that just turned me off from it. Like I met people that were crazy obsessed with it(but I have with literally like every hobby, so it's a bit irrelevant). They really gave the fandom a bad name and didn't want to associate with it as much anymore. Each hobby/fandom always has people that give it a bad rep, but MLP really, really got the worst of it, as in it's gotten a lot of hate more so than usual, sadly. I have best friends who love the show and are not the vocal minority, but even if they were.. That wouldn't change anything as I already know them. :p Don't get me wrong though, I think the show is good and will always and have always defended bronies, but I just don't associate with it anymore because I "grew out of it" so to speak.

Anyways, my favorite character was and always will be Twilight. ;)

I used to watch the show but stopped. Not because I didn't like it anymore... Just don't watch it anymore. Have way too much stuff to do and it isn't important in terms of shows I enjoy watching.

The fandom was a bit too much for me as well. There's always a vocal minority within a hobby that gives it a bad rep, but there were a lot of people that just turned me off from it. Like I met people that were crazy obsessed with it(but I have with literally like every hobby, so it's a bit irrelevant). They really gave the fandom a bad name and didn't want to associate with it as much anymore. Each hobby/fandom always has people that give it a bad rep, but MLP really, really got the worst of it, as in it's gotten a lot of hate more so than usual, sadly. I have best friends who love the show and are not the vocal minority, but even if they were.. That wouldn't change anything as I already know them. :p Don't get me wrong though, I think the show is good and will always and have always defended bronies, but I just don't associate with it anymore because I "grew out of it" so to speak.

@Everybody believes that Twilight needs more character development.

That's pretty much how I felt about the community. It seems that some people just took the obsession too far. But even outside of that, it seems like there were more people with obsessive tendencies that were drawn to the fandom. It wasn't obsessiveness to an extreme level, but it was enough of it from so many people that I became alienated by it. Even during my brony phase, it was rare that I ever communitcated with others who were part of the group. But it was shortly after I started doing vector requests for others that I decided to call it quits. Between my getting a little bored with the series after season 3 and receiving so many 'ponysona' requests, I decided to call it quits on doing MLP vectors, and stopped considering myself a brony thereafter. Not sure if I'm just a little too critical/sensitive about seeing a lot of obsessive behavior, but I just couldn't stand to be associated with that group of people anymore.

Who is your favorite pony?
Mine is pinkie pie!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 231
Who said there aren't lonely virgins watching Scooby Doo, or Pokemon, or Dragonball Z, or who-the-hell-knows how many Animes too? We just notice the ones watching this one particular show. Is there a double standard at play here?

None of those shows actually help you evolve as a person, though. Each episode of MLP:FiM at least tries to exert some effort in advancing your objectives of being a better person if you have any.

I don't even know the percent of the show's viewers that are "lonely virgins" as portrayed by the fat slob basement-dwellers stereotype, but instead as the lonely virgin normal, casual fairly solitary person that has difficulty making friends but is an otherwise very friendly person.

Watch "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Fans of My Little Pony." for more information.

Tell me and this isnt me hating but why do so many lonely virgins watch this show? Why not another cartoon?
MLP is pretty great when you just look past the girly part. Learn to appreciate the good things about it before bashing the rather unusual fanbase.

Also, I'm not really a lonely virgin, so yeah, I'm good. Just accept that some of us like the show.

Art and animation for me. I never got into animation (frankly because I don't have a PC that could run a program), but I think the artwork is superb in some places.

The character development is pretty complex too, when you think about it.

Im fine with people watching. But im wondering what draws them in? Is it plot, Characters, Voices?

This is a silly question that nobody should really have to answer about a TV show like this. It's slice of life with a bit of action at the start and end of each season and plenty of humor.

People will tell you, "oh, i watch it because the animation is great!" or "because it has a unique plot!" but honestly, unless they get 100% enjoyment out of how smoothly everything moves, it's complete bull:red:. There isn't a solid plotline. It's a cute show and easy watching for the night following a stressful day. That's it, it's like Lucky Star or K-On!.

How it got a HUGE following of millions of adults is beyond me though, the show isn't THAT good.

Edit: I don't mean to speak for EVERYONE who watches the show because honestly the fanbase is pretty diverse, but this is honestly what I think of when I think of a common MLP fan. The only reason MLP draws so much attention for this kind of question is because it's, well, not a show you'd commonly think a grown man could get in to.

I think at this point anyone who asks "Why do so many <insert samey thinly veiled insult here> enjoy watching MLP?" is trying to start something. It's uniform and sharp like a knife, wielded by every well to do walker of the one paved road. After hundreds of interviews, comments, blogs, youtube arguments, debates all posted on the internet that could explain every logic set and reasoning behind why someone would want to watch such a cartoon. A lot of which are depressingly bland, I know, but the information is there for your enlightenment. You don't need to ask anymore and you shouldn't think you are impressing anyone.

I treat this no different than the people in the help section asking the same question over and over again even though the answer is stickied right above their thread.

An army of normals, all so dreadfully boring when compared to what can be done and said by mankind, asking why an adult would watch a show. They are mesmerized and horrified that one of their own could watch cartoons of ponies. Because it yanks at their plug and certain defenses must go up to keep them under. When it comes to things one should worry about, an adult watching a colorful cartoon is as mundane as it comes.

The real question one should ask is: Why are so many normals (technical term) worrying about people watching MLP?

I already answered that question but there you go.

I can't really explain why us normal people like it, but I can say this:

If we've already given you an answer, then why do you keep asking?

AGAIN, FOR THE 16,932,784th time:

I like the animation, artwork produced by the fandom, conventions, and forums, not to mention websites like Equestria Daily.

I think I enjoy the fandom a bit more than the show, but the fandom reinforces my enjoyment of MLP. So it's like a symbiotic relationship.

Back
Top Bottom