Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Update Launched.

This will most likelly fix the free mode issue with worm like creatures.
Excuse me for possibly stupid question, but how do I download this version? I downloaded it a few minutes ago, installed it, and I still can change game modes in game. And I still have this insane lag while fighting Destroyer in free mode.

Do I need to reinstall Terraria every time to update this mod, or did you simply forgot to update the link?

It's in the No-Adfly part in the OP. Keep in mind that your freemodeRPG will not gain exp due to a fix that was done on the worms.

Is it just me or does anyone elses game crash after about 2 minutes ingame cause thats whats happening to me and its makin me sad :( also what does the ranger quest mean by "collect flintlock gun body"
You need a Flintlock, which you can get by a weapon body quest from Guide (Need 8 iron) or a regular Flintlock from Gunsmith? Not sure if buying counts, but I know the weapon body quest does.

Ok so i look at the wiki to see what new items i can craft. I see this giant list of awesome weapons that i can craft. I go to craft them, but it doesnt shot up... i have the correct items and the amount needed... wat am i doing wrong??

Ok so i look at the wiki to see what new items i can craft. I see this giant list of awesome weapons that i can craft. I go to craft them, but it doesnt shot up... i have the correct items and the amount needed... wat am i doing wrong??

New items are not imple!wanted yet on this version which had to be made from ground up with the update. Please wait a bit for them to be reimplemented.

hi, just a quick question. how can i access my companions inventory?
doing it the hard way ATM, saving then switching characters.
i hope you guys did not remove it or i just don't know the hotkey or something?

TLDR at bottom of post.

I asked this before, but I think it was overlooked because I put it at the end of an answer to someone else's question.: About how far away are zones from implementation?

~~~

I'm also curious about the Merchants Backpack skill, like someone else who never received an answer. At first I thought it simply wasn't implemented yet (like most everything else), but I saw a few pages back that it was... supposedly. But like the other person, when I use the skill it just opens my inventory without changing it in any way whatsoever. If I wanted to use a function key to open my inventory, I'd just change the control configuration, so I doubt that's the only intended effect.

~~~

Also, while I do think the merchants should be nerfed, I don't think you should do all the nerfing on coin power alone. Make it so that each plat coin doesn't give you as much buff as it does now, but having max still gives you an amount on par with other classes. But having max Discount/Overcharge should no longer give infinite coins, that way maxing those three skills wont automatically equal an end game, nearly invincible character. And rather than nerfing Discount/Overcharge so much that maxing them out no longer feels worth it, you could even it out so that when you have both skills maxed the buy price and the sell price of an item become the same. (Because honestly, isn't the mark of a true master merchant being able to sell something back to someone for the same price you bought it from them for?) Lastly, I think the test for the class should ask for a plat coin, as the gold coin seems too easy.

~~~

OH! and I almost forgot the Demon fiasco! I still say that they should take fall damage, but (if possible) the damage should be calculated by the speed at which you are falling. (If flapping your wings once or twice before a fall doesn't totally prevent dmg, it should at least reduce it vastly. And I think the taking damage in water was really cool, it was just the fact that you used lava properties to get the effect made long term lava protection impossible. Ideally demon characters should treat water like lava and lava like water. They should take damage from touching water, move much slower, as well as get the 'On Fire' debuff, and they should be able to swim in lava like its water, but would have to hold their breath. All water related buffs/items would apply to lava for demons, and all lava related buffs/items would apply to water. Of course, that's all only if the coding allows for it.

Someone else suggested using buffs to make it work, and I agree with that idea. Getting in water could cause a 3 second duration 'On Fire' debuff, while obsidian skin would be active permanently. (although some people may argue that lava immunity is too op..)

~~~

On that note, what do you think of unlockable races? Characters could be bound to the world they are made for, and by defeating the bosses of that world you could unlock relevant races. Starting races would be Human, Zugitaki, and Slime (slime should be a joke race that cannot use tools). Skeletons would unlock by killing skeletron. Demons by killing the Wall of Flesh. (That removes the problems with Demons having hardmode wings) Goblins by defeating the goblin army (or by finding the bound goblin). Lihzards by defeating Plantera. The Titan by defeating... the Titan. Madra by defeating your first mechanical boss. And finally, last but not least, defeating the Moon Lord would unlock the Bunny race for all worlds (The Bunny class, imo, should mimic the humans stats and the only two bonuses should be a slightly higher jump, and the fact that it's a 2x2 size character that can still use tools. This is based on an idea that structures that start out with unbreakable blocks could be modified to generate with entrances and shortcuts only big enough for bunnies and slimes.)

Of course, all that is just a rough draft of how I would implement it, and is merely a suggestion. Modifications to the idea are welcome (and preferable over total dismissal).

~~~~~~~

TL - DR: Merchants need nerfing, but probably not the kind you are thinking of. Backpack skill doesn't do anything, but apparently it's supposed to be done. Demons should still take fall damage, but not as much, or the way they did before. Demons lava/water changes should have been modified, not removed. Suggestion of unlockable races.

Last edited:
I Had a suggestion for Summoner (once its implemented) as to its second level. I was thinking having it be one of the classes with two different level 2 choices, a split path if you will. The two options would be shapeshifter and beast master.

Shapeshifter:
This class sacrifices number of minions in order to be able to turn oneself into the minion in question and have direct control over how you attack, however you wouldn't have any extra minions. You would have a replacement inventory that would be skills for your current form, and you wouldn't be able to do regular things like mining, cutting wood, or using your race specific abilities while shape shifted, but you can still collect mob drops. The amount of summons you sacrifice boosts your damage and defense penetration as well. However, you can be damaged even in this shapeshifted form, but for any forms that try to ram bosses (like deadly sphere staff), so long as you keep holding the ram command and are making contact with the boss (and still have mana to execute the attack), you will be protected from damage slightly, taking 75% reduced damage while in contact with the boss. The Staff itself can give a boost to this value, making you potentially fully immune to damage while in ram,
however, this comes at a cost of more mana.

Beast Master:
This class sacrifices damage to give you a high amount of minions, allowing you to have swarms of minions to attack your enemies. This class also makes it so that enemies of lower level will not attack you unless you attack them first, although this can be turned off if you need your minions to attack them to grind. Best part of this class is your minions will boost your health and defenses slightly per unit, as they try to defend you from some of the attacks, meaning that while you lose damage you gain defense and health.

Last edited:
I Had a suggestion for Summoner (once its implemented) as to its second level. I was thinking having it be one of the classes with two different level 2 choices, a split path if you will. The two options would be shapeshifter and beast master.

Shapeshifter:
This class sacrifices number of minions in order to be able to turn oneself into the minion in question and have direct control over how you attack, however you wouldn't have any extra minions. You would have a replacement inventory that would be skills for your current form, and you wouldn't be able to do regular things like mining, cutting wood, or using your race specific abilities while shape shifted, but you can still collect mob drops. The amount of summons you sacrifice boosts your damage and defense penetration as well.

Beast Master:
This class sacrifices damage to give you a high amount of minions, allowing you to have swarms of minions to attack your enemies. This class also makes it so that enemies of lower level will not attack you unless you attack them first, although this can be turned off if you need your minions to attack them to grind. Best part of this class is your minions will boost your health and defenses slightly per unit, as they try to defend you from some of the attacks, meaning that while you lose damage you gain defense and health.

Shapeshifter would be too hard to implement and would make any skills the previous class learns meaningless.

Beastmaster is easier to implement, but it offers little other than avoidance of enemies since the other passives are not very effected in essence. Minions don't have hp or defense values, only offensive values.

Most likely, it'll be like before with the separate specializations of either one strong minion or hundreds of weaker ones...

Shapeshifter would be too hard to implement and would make any skills the previous class learns meaningless.

Beastmaster is easier to implement, but it offers little other than avoidance of enemies since the other passives are not very effected in essence. Minions don't have hp or defense values, only offensive values.

Most likely, it'll be like before with the separate specializations of either one strong minion or hundreds of weaker ones...

These could easily be tweaked to make them work and more viable, it just would be something I would love to see, but I could see what you said, it just would be cool to be able to shapeshift and all that into the various summons, or have hoards of summons who give you a defense and HP buff depending on how many you have ^^

These could easily be tweaked to make them work and more viable, it just would be something I would love to see, but I could see what you said, it just would be cool to be able to shapeshift and all that into the various summons, or have hoards of summons who give you a defense and HP buff depending on how many you have ^^

A better way would be to have a separate basic level class with similar properties rather than making the summoner the base class. A mimic for lack of better words.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom