Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

A damn I really wished I knew c#. Especially how familiar I am with the syntax and the Terraria source code. But I only know this half-language gml.
Actually there are other spots in the team too, so not only programmers are being looked for. If you feel like fitting in any other spot, just do the proof of skill and I'll see If you'll be good to join the team.

@topic A spoiler of a change or more that the mod had latelly.
ClassLevelUpYeah.png

Ps:. Do notice that my char is half way to max level of a Rank 4 class, which certainly should not be intended.

Actually there are other spots in the team too, so not only programmers are being looked for. If you feel like fitting in any other spot, just do the proof of skill and I'll see If you'll be good to join the team.

@topic A spoiler of a change or more that the mod had latelly.
View attachment 181705
Ps:. Do notice that my char is half way to max level of a Rank 4 class, which certainly should not be intended.
Timed quests which can suck sometimes, Better Quests (Displaying more information), Level Restriction on Zones, New Classes, Class Level Up symbol, music and you hiding the icon for the skills.
Btw, did you take care of the fact that venom is resisted by a crap ton of enemies ? (Plants, Undeads, Slimes, some humans,etc... I think its the damage buff which most enemies are resistant to even)

Timed quests which can suck sometimes, Better Quests (Displaying more information), Level Restriction on Zones, New Classes, Class Level Up symbol, music and you hiding the icon for the skills.
Btw, did you take care of the fact that venom is resisted by a crap ton of enemies ? (Plants, Undeads, Slimes, some humans,etc... I think its the damage buff which most enemies are resistant to even)
Actually, there is a reason why quests now have time limit, since currently nobody seems to be into doing them (beside their number is limited right now...), I will certainly have to review them, alongside add new objective types to make their variety higher.
And didn't checked about almost monsters being immune to venom, at least it can give a hand when facing bosses, or some of them.

Make questing have a tier system or have it similar to those generic anime guild/faction ranks, so that way you can add more variety (with a goal in mind)
to quests. This way you can add in rewards that can appeal to them, or just add in something super exclusive so they have to do it to get it.

Also haven't checked this up in a while progress-wise, things going alright?

Make questing have a tier system or have it similar to those generic anime guild/faction ranks, so that way you can add more variety (with a goal in mind)
to quests. This way you can add in rewards that can appeal to them, or just add in something super exclusive so they have to do it to get it.

Also haven't checked this up in a while progress-wise, things going alright?
Tier system eh? This might help about quest unlocking, since currently the system is not realiable, since It checks the level of the player to give the quest (causing on free mode you unlock quests not from your grade early).

And yes, the mod development is going alright, It's being quite slow latelly, but It's moving.

But the quests still need to be rewarding. So how about making only quests give class xp on normal mode? And you have to finish quests of a higher difficulty to raise your tier in order to gain class xp with higher efficency. E.g. one of the later tier upgrade quests could be fight plantera outside the jungle or fight all mechanical bosses without dying or reach level 13 on frost moon event etc. That means the people that can fulfill those quests earlier because they are more skilled or have a strategy etc. get to higher quests and higher class levels earlier.

But the quests still need to be rewarding. So how about making only quests give class xp on normal mode? And you have to finish quests of a higher difficulty to raise your tier in order to gain class xp with higher efficency. E.g. one of the later tier upgrade quests could be fight plantera outside the jungle or fight all mechanical bosses without dying or reach level 13 on frost moon event etc. That means the people that can fulfill those quests earlier because they are more skilled or have a strategy etc. get to higher quests and higher class levels earlier.
After yesterday, the quests will give class exp too, even more because of the changes I've done to the max exp system of the classes.
And those quest ideas you've given are not bad either, beside I will need to think about who will give them.

I still say quests need something to, in essence, force us to do the quests if you want people to do the quests. And the best way to do that is have quests be the only way to get certain items. Or have quests be the main driver of leveling up, like most MMOs, by having mobs only give really tiny amounts of exp while questing gives the bulk.

I still say quests need something to, in essence, force us to do the quests if you want people to do the quests. And the best way to do that is have quests be the only way to get certain items. Or have quests be the main driver of leveling up, like most MMOs, by having mobs only give really tiny amounts of exp while questing gives the bulk.
I don't like the idea of forcing players into line questing to progress on the mod, beside I remember some players advised me not to do so before, and I agree, the quest lines due to being choreic, they will end up getting boring if done all time, being that unless I make them fast to complete or acquireable in a bulk, I would need to increase their exp reward to make them more worth doing, which also could speed up leveling... Both ways, on the end game, you would have to scale a huge wall of quests to complete to be able to reach the highest level, which also would not be fun.
The fact that the player have to go to the quest objective place and return can also turn tedious the gameplay, so It's not really a good idea.

Font: Most mmos now adays.

Better keep the quests as a side way of progression, but still, they need to be more interesting.

how about longer / more difficult quests that give permanent rewards like additional stats? not enough to make quests absolutely necessary to progress or anything, but still notably enough to feel rewarding. Or things like removing heart plants from the jungle and give them as quest rewards.

how about longer / more difficult quests that give permanent rewards like additional stats? not enough to make quests absolutely necessary to progress or anything, but still notably enough to feel rewarding. Or things like removing heart plants from the jungle and give them as quest rewards.
Actually that is a good idea, offer max health and mana as quest reward, but wouldn't that be removing part of Terraria (the heart crystal/life fruit acquisition)?

If you did that, quests would be necessary again. The idea of permanent stats was that they are not needed for progression, but makes the game easier for the people that do quests.

I wouldnt mind receiving some racoon boxes as a reward, maybe even make a new kind of box that can only be given from missions and has unique rewards in it. Also i dont know how hard it would be creating a separate map with a ''hellmode'' where its like nonstop monster that dont drop loot so it doesnt lag and at the end it spawns a unique chest with all the loots in it, it would add a new layer of endgame after the bosses with maybe even new room for a new tier of gear.

I wouldnt mind receiving some racoon boxes as a reward, maybe even make a new kind of box that can only be given from missions and has unique rewards in it. Also i dont know how hard it would be creating a separate map with a ''hellmode'' where its like nonstop monster that dont drop loot so it doesnt lag and at the end it spawns a unique chest with all the loots in it, it would add a new layer of endgame after the bosses with maybe even new room for a new tier of gear.
That idea would make use of realms.
If you did that, quests would be necessary again. The idea of permanent stats was that they are not needed for progression, but makes the game easier for the people that do quests.
Makes sense.

Well, unique items you will want to use might be even better. Here some suggestions for unique items:
-A bullet that can be used infinitely. Low base damage at first, but upgradeable by doing quests. Not a necessary item at all but useful at all levels. Maybe even an upgrade system requiring new rare items, some from quests, some from rare enemies, granting different effects like piercing etc.
Of course the same with an arrow.
-Like the infinite water container you get from fishing quests, one for lava.
-Upgrade stones for items or custom effects for accessories -> 5% dmg instead of 4% etc.
-Something that changes other blocks to a special one like rainbow blocks etc. Just for a nice new design for your home.

Last edited:
I've been playing on N Terraria, the 6+ version, and installed it exactly as was described in the provided tutorial. LOVING it so far.
However, I just can't play for more than 30 minutes before the game stops working and windows prompts with that one option: to close it.
On the console that opens with the game, it says, among other ones (which I've unconsidered, due to their similarities to the side-errors usually found in Java compilers):
* System.ArgumentException: 'invalid characters on the path';
* System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath);
* Terraria.WorldGen.SaveWorld();
* Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime);
Despite the issue lying with the world saving mechanics, running the game as admin does not seem to help.
Any idea as to why this is happening/how i could fix it?

My first guess would be that it's a version incompatibility. Sort of like the map being saved with a version stamp that's above the downgraded Terraria you're playing. Or maybe steam is trying to enforce a modern version use for the files stored in the steam cloud. Are you allowing the saves to be stored on the cloud? Or are you using TEdit?

Back
Top Bottom