Weapons & Equip Necromancy - A New way of Summoning

Everybody

Terrarian
Introduction
There is a game called Terraria that was released in 2011. This game eventually grew to become a very popular game, with free updates and lots of content in this free updates (Thanks Redigit). And in this game, there exists a class called Summoner. This class is currently does not have many things. It has some armor, a few weapons, 2 sentry weapons, and that's... pretty much it. Oh, they've got some accessories. Now, there are some ways to implement strategy in this class, and there are suggestions about making more and more items, accessories and other things. This is my idea of expanding upon the class, or this could be an entire class on its own. Either way, this is my idea on implementing;
Necromancy
Necromancy is pretty much what it sounds like. You summon enemies that are dead, and make them undead. This will not work on certain enemies, as they are undead already. Necromancy is a new type of Summoning, (if you like Option 1 more than 2), and because of this, it will expand on the class. Necromancy will consist of 1 item being upgraded constantly, but instead of you summoning the same monsters over and over again, you will be able to summon more and more types of monsters as you progress throughout the game. This class will start earlier than Summoner does. You'll be able to start summoning slimes, similar to the Summoner Class. What makes this class different from Summoner, and maybe even dramatically different, is that Undead summons will not have a limited time, but they will have HP. Once they are killed, the gore of the summoned undead monster can not be used to summon another monster. For certain enemies (the ones without gore), if you use one of the drops from them (gel), then it will summon the monster itself, because that is its remains. (Drop gel, use the staff on where the gel is, and then the Slime will be summoned, and the gel will disappear). You can only summon up to 1 Undead thing at a time, like Summoning. This can be increased through Summoning Accessories. Now, onto the actual staff itself:

Necromancy Staff I.png
Necromancy Staff I (Alt).png
Necromancy Staff I
10 Mana
Able to Summon:
Slimes

Crafting:
10 Iron Bars/Lead Bars
15 Wood

Necromancy Staff II.png
Necromancy Staff II (Alt).png
Necromancy Staff II
10 Mana
Able to Summon:
Slimes
Demon Eye
Eater of Souls/Crimera
Piranha

Crafting:
Necromancy Staff I
15 Gold/Platinum Bars

Necromancy Staff III.png
Necromancy Staff III
10 Mana
Able to Summon:
Slimes
Demon Eye
Eater of Souls/Crimera
Piranha
Meteor Head
Harpy

Crafting:
Necromancy Staff II
15 Meteorite Bars

Necromancy Staff IV.png
Necromancy Staff IV
10 Mana
Able to Summon:
Slimes
Demon Eye
Eater of Souls/Crimera
Piranha
Meteor Head
Harpy
Angry Bones
Dark Caster

Crafting:
Necromancy Staff III
20 Bones
50 Cobweb

Necromancy Staff V.png
Necromancy Staff V
10 Mana
Able to Summon:
Slimes
Demon Eye
Eater of Souls/Crimera
Piranha
Meteor Head
Harpy
Angry Bones
Dark Caster
Hellbat
Lava Slime
Fire Imp
Demon

Crafting:
Necromancy Staff IV
25 Hellstone Bars

Slime:
20 HP
2 Defense
8 Damage
Slime AI
Summoned from dropped Gel

Demon Eye:
50 HP
6 Defense
12 Damage
Flying AI
Summoned from Demon Eye Gore

Eater of Souls/Crimera
45 HP
10 Defense
15 Damage
Eater of Souls AI
Summoned from Eater of Souls/Crimera Gore

Piranha
30 HP
0-8 Defense
6-15 Damage
Piranha AI
Summoned from Piranha Gore
Enhanced stats in water, and +150% Movement Speed in Water

Meteor Head
30 HP
8 Defense
14 Damage
Meteor Head AI
Summoned from dropped Meteorite
25% Chance to Inflict On Fire!

Harpy
100 HP
12 Defense
14 Damage
10 Damage (Feathers)
Harpy AI
Summoned from Harpy Gore
Shoots feathers

Angry Bones
110 HP
16 Defense
18 Damage
Fighter AI
Summoned from Angry Bones Gore

Dark Caster
40 HP
6 Defense
16 Damage
12 Damage (Water Bolts)
Dark Caster AI
Summoned from Dark Caster Gore
When it shoots the three bolts, it will take 10 damage from teleporting

Hellbat
50 HP
10 Defense
23 Damage
Hellbat AI
Summoned from Hellbat Gore
Inflicts On Fire!

Lava Slime
70 HP
18 Defense
25 Damage
Slime AI
Summoned from Lava Slime Gore
Inflicts On Fire!

Fire Imp
70 HP
14 Defense
24 Damage
20 Damage (Fire Ball)
Fire Imp AI
Summoned from Fire Imp Gore
Inflicts On Fire!
When it teleports, it takes 10 damage

Demon
120 HP
26 Defense
28 Damage
20 Damage (Demon Scythes)
Demon AI
Summoned from Demon Gore
Shoots Demon Scythes

Hardmode Version tomorrow, for now, what do you think of the pre-hardmode version? You likey?

I always love your suggestions, they just feel like they should've already been in the game. Plus I really want to be able to summon a demon that helps me out, they were like my arch enemies when I first visited Hell.

Just a heads up your picture links aren't working for me.

I always love your suggestions, they just feel like they should've already been in the game. Plus I really want to be able to summon a demon that helps me out, they were like my arch enemies when I first visited Hell.

Just a heads up your picture links aren't working for me.

It'd be nice to summon your fallen foes, it'd actually be epic. Thanks for the support, Seeker! I always appreciate it, like your suggestions!

Man the suggestions forums bore me and I rarely visit here but this popped up in my face and I like it. I like it a lot. Well done.

EDIT: As for the sprites... Hmmm... I would prefer more gothic/spooky/undead stuff, like a twisted branch with an eyeball on top or giant bone staff, or a skull staff, or something... Some inspiration: https://www.google.com/search?q=nec...a=X&ei=S8PmVIX-JubBmAWGg4KQBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

I still think we need revival magic, similar to necromancy but you use the magic on player gore or a tombstone. When they are revived they get whatever buffs they had active for 2 minutes.

I'd love this! You should definitely be able to resurrect Paladins.
I almost thought about suggesting Paladins but I thought
"Hey Paladins would be cool but they are kinda overpowered... asides from that everyone does love those Paladins... nope."

I almost thought about suggesting Paladins but I thought
"Hey Paladins would be cool but they are kinda overpowered... asides from that everyone does love those Paladins... nope."

I'm thinking about adding Paladins. But If I do, I'm going to heavily nerf them. Got any ideas for other monsters?

i love necromancy, having an army fight for me is always more entertaining
summoning monsters from thin air always... confused me, how does a a pair of metal eyes come out of nowhere?
not sure whether it would to possible to implement this into the game, but i support this idea

i love necromancy, summoning monsters from thin air always... confused me, how does a a pair of metal eyes come out of nowhere?
not sure whether it would to possible to implement this into the game, but i support this idea

Somewhere in the post I mentioned that it would be summoned from the Enemy's gore, or an item they drop (only for certain enemies who don't leave gore behind, such as slimes).

Somewhere in the post I mentioned that it would be summoned from the Enemy's gore, or an item they drop (only for certain enemies who don't leave gore behind, such as slimes).
what i meant was, is the gore considered an actual entity in the game, i know nothing about programming so... they may need to re-code gore or something

I'm thinking about adding Paladins. But If I do, I'm going to heavily nerf them. Got any ideas for other monsters?
Definetely a no on those casters, they are undead. Corruptors... Flying Snakes for sure. Maybe some necromancy support during Frost/Pumpkin moons? Would be cool to have a hellhound fight alongside you.

Back
Top Bottom