PC Need help with MacOS server!

CreeperUniverse

Terrarian
Ok, so I tried to make a server for my world since some of my friends are in different time zones. I use the little app, and it mostly works. I can choose what world, the port, port forwarding, password, etc. But, in the end, it always says that it failed. Any way to fix this?

Ok, so I tried to make a server for my world since some of my friends are in different time zones. I use the little app, and it mostly works. I can choose what world, the port, port forwarding, password, etc. But, in the end, it always says that it failed. Any way to fix this?
You will need to provide a screenshot or some kind of error log regarding this matter. We have to see what you are seeing.

Here is what keeps happening.
Screen%20Shot%202017-04-29%20at%208.38.55%20AM_zpsrfwbmzyx.png
[/URL]http://s613.photobucket.com/user/Cr...017-04-29 at 8.38.55 AM_zpsrfwbmzyx.png.html]

Last edited:
Here is what keeps happening.
[/URL][/IMG]
This is how you would get your image to show.
Code:
[img]http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/CreeperUniverse/Screen%20Shot%202017-04-29%20at%208.38.55%20AM_zpskrda8mrw.png[/img]

And here is your image:
Screen%20Shot%202017-04-29%20at%208.38.55%20AM_zpskrda8mrw.png

I have Terraria. I looked in the local files, and there is no file to start up the server. Only a changelog and the actual app.

There should be more files than that, it appears that the installation of Terraria failed. It requires some extra programs to be installed for it to function. If you use steam, you should re-install Terraria from there.

There should be more files than that, it appears that the installation of Terraria failed. It requires some extra programs to be installed for it to function. If you use steam, you should re-install Terraria from there.
Uh, wouldn't that delete all of my progress from the past few years??!!

Uh, wouldn't that delete all of my progress from the past few years??!!
Updating the game through Steam should not affect your worlds and players, no. (Same for updating through GOG). The game is designed to work on pre-existing game files after updating. Backing them up before updating isn't a bad idea, though - making regular backups of your game save data is always a great idea.

I don't have a Mac so I can't check this myself, but I will make sure one of the devs takes a look at it.

I am also having the same problem as CreeperUniverse. Terraria is installed through steam, I have downloaded the server files from the link at the bottom of the page on the main site. When I try to run the app it tells me: You can’t open the application “TerrariaServer” because it may be damaged or incomplete. There are only 2 files in the Mac folder of the server download which are changelog.txt and Terraria Server.app. Terraria works fine through steam with no errors.

I am also having the same problem as CreeperUniverse. Terraria is installed through steam, I have downloaded the server files from the link at the bottom of the page on the main site. When I try to run the app it tells me: You can’t open the application “TerrariaServer” because it may be damaged or incomplete. There are only 2 files in the Mac folder of the server download which are changelog.txt and Terraria Server.app. Terraria works fine through steam with no errors.
Hi @Jonathan Whitmore, this is a known issue and being looked into.

I have found that if you extract the contents of the server app into a folder you can run TerrariaServer from there no problems. Nice easy workaround until the devs fix things : ) enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom