Official New 1.3 Spoilers: Enhancing the User Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, be aware that the snow, grass and a ton of other stuff in that picture is likely painted, including the trees themselves. That might as well be doable in 1.3.
I doubt that snow is gonna be corruptable in 1.3, I bet the torch is just a regular colored torch, and that the terrain next to it is painted, and I bet the tree is as well.

@Dragon from what I can tell, crafting from a chest only works with one chest that you have open and not any nearby chest, the buttons over the equipment slots are to access the npc housing menu and new camera feature, and the ability to quick stack to any nearby chest is so players don't have to go to each chest individually to quick stack it. I for one like the steps they are taking to make inventory management less irritating, as that's a big problem in the game that gets worse with each item that's added.

Yes, I did fix the misunderstanding in the post shortly after.

I also understand the benefits of the system, and have no disagreements with how beneficial it is. What I pointed out in my post is a "trend" that might quickly make things redundant.

One example is in Torchlight 1. You have a limited inventory space, but unlike in other games where you have to prioritize that space and choose between items, you can simply just send your pet to town to automatically sell stuff. You'll never have to save inventory space in reality (watch my playthrough videos of the game) and thus the point of inventory mechanics as they are is questionable.

I explained in the post that being able to craft from open chests can lead to the player no longer requiring to use the Guide for crafting help, nor to discover or be creative about crafting ingredients. You just simply stuff all ingredients of a type (say, all flowers and shrooms) in a single chest, and you still have plenty of inventory space. The ingredients will pop up immediately, you won't even have to check and find out how to make things, or rather, what you can make to begin with. It makes things come to you easily, rather than make you have to look for them.

I'm not saying the above is inherently bad either, or a bad design choice. I only stated that it was a factor, and was sceptical to the concept from a game design perspective, but I in no way condemn it at this point.

I'm also as hyped for the update as anyone else. Infact, I've avoided playing Terraria past the point of the update when Hoverboard was introduced, just to get as fresh of a playthrough as possible. That means I have no idea about fishing, minecarts etc. I simply wanna be taken by surprise and maximize the fun.

@Yoraiz0r @Cenx @Redigit Good work, waiting excitedly for the update!

I explained in the post that being able to craft from open chests can lead to the player no longer requiring to use the Guide for crafting help, nor to discover or be creative about crafting ingredients. You just simply stuff all ingredients of a type (say, all flowers and shrooms) in a single chest, and you still have plenty of inventory space. The ingredients will pop up immediately, you won't even have to check and find out how to make things, or rather, what you can make to begin with. It makes things come to you easily, rather than make you have to look for them.

Consider that many crafting recipes require various crafting benches/etc, and that you can only cram so many chests into proximity with the requisite benches and stuff at the same time.

Given the amount of stuff in the game and the various crafting stations, I think it is actually impossible to completely go into "auto-craft" mode.

Consider that many crafting recipes require various crafting benches/etc, and that you can only cram so many chests into proximity with the requisite benches and stuff at the same time.

Given the amount of stuff in the game and the various crafting stations, I think it is actually impossible to completely go into "auto-craft" mode.
Just going to point out you may have somehow accidentally quoted Gotcha! instead of Diablodoc.

Hey, you quoted me but you didn't quote me. :p
Edit: If I had a nickel for every time I'd get ninja'd on this forum (then I could buy an icecream)...

Very true Sir, and that makes it harder to do this, good point. It's still a factor, though.

Also keep in mind that it's possible to cram a ton of stations and chests close to eachother by being clever with platforms above eachother, and having chest rows under what you're standing on. I find myself doing this all the time, it's really convenient. But yes, the fact that you require crafting stations is at least a countering factor that I find relief in :happy:

Also good work on that magic quote. I guess it's one of those mysteries we'll never solve :p

Not sure if this has been talked about, but what are those gems above the equip slots in the very first spoiler image? Same thing with those two swords above the social slots. Am I missing something or do we just not know what they are yet?

Not sure if this has been talked about, but what are those gems above the equip slots in the very first spoiler image? Same thing with those two swords above the social slots. Am I missing something or do we just not know what they are yet?
Teams and PvP toggle, just for multiplayer

did anyone notice the date of the post is january the 13th? and that there is a lot more spoilers than usual? and the fact that march the 13th is gonna be here in 2 months? it might be a secret update date... maybe.... BUT THE HYPE AND SPECULATIONS MUST GO ON

What is that pinkish grass and tree? A new biome, perhaps?
What about an alternative to the Hallow, like the Crimson is to the Corruption?

I propose someone make a thread of stuff they want to see in 1.3 or if one already exists plz direct me to it. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom