NPCs & Enemies New Boss Concept

Do you like this idea?

• Good/great/totally amazing idea

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Completely bad, what were you thinking?

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • This is a cool idea, but it should be approached differently.

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

excession

The Destroyer
I am not so good at balance, but i will be updating and fixing this idea, and making it better and better, so here you go!

I present, the Chaos Immortal.
index.php
index.php

Sprite by : @Molos Elethros
This is a hallow themed boss.

This boss should have low attack and defense, but instead focus on playing dirty. It will attack by:

1. Teleporting erratically, dealing damage whenever it touches you, which makes it hard to dodge, predict, and hit.

2. cloning itself. This is how it will work. The clones will look and act completely identically to the boss itself, and their life bars will be at the same amount of life as the main boss, but they will disappear after taking 300 or 150 damage, depending on how many we decide. The amount of clones will be 3 or 6, and if you don't kill them fast enough, when the boss clones itself again, the first clones will still be there, and you will have an even bigger problem

3. during second stage, it will clone and teleport faster. second stage will be activated at half life. but there will be 2 more attacks. occasionally it will stop moving for about 3-5 seconds, and begin to glow yellow. then for 3 seconds it will rush the player over and over about 10 times in that short period. during the rushing it's defense will be 0.

and finally 4. Same start up as attack 3, during the second stage. This time it will glow blue. Suddenly it will begin to blue launch projectiles in a large circle around it, about 30 of them. They will be unavoidable if you are too close, but since they launch in a circle, if you are far away you can avoid them (if you've played old dogfight arcade games you have probably seen this kind of attack before). It will shoot a total of 3 of these circles in about 2 total seconds. This will be followed by 3 hard to avoid homing purple projectiles with mid damage. Then there will be 5 seconds of inactivity where the boss has no defense. this is the best time to attack.

Third and fourth attack alternate every 15 seconds in second stage.

Cloning only happens every 13 seconds.

This boss will be a late hardmode boss, after the golem, but before duke fishron. I also had an idea to spice up the fight a little, THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL IF PEOPLE THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA. He will take 30% less damage from ranged attacks, 10% less from Magic, and 35% more from melee, so chlorophyte bullets and homing weapons aren't as effective, which again will make him a little harder to hit. I stress the low attack power and low defense, otherwise he would be impossible.

Nova Shard
index.php
(sprite by @Qw2 )
Combine with the ankh shield at the tinkerers work shop to make;

The Nova Shield
nova shield redo.png
Sprite by @Haloboy01134
Or
index.php
HDed by @Qw2

(Tell me which you think fits better)
Item Type: Accessory (passive and active)
Damage: 65
Passive ability: Immunity to knockback, fire blocks, and most debuffs.
Active Ability: Nova

This has the same stats as the ankh shield, except for one ability. Every 1.5 minutes you can press shift and it will launch blue projectiles in a circle around you for 5 seconds, 1 volley per second, just like the boss. Each volley will have 15 shots. You have half defense and double attack power for the time you are shooting. This effect will be called Nova, and a little icon of a blue blast of energy will appear in the top left to signal this. After the Nova is over, you have stat in the top left corner called drained, and when you roll your mouse over it the description reads, you are too tired to activate nova again for a while...

If used with specter armor it doesn't heal, it is not a magic ability.

This accessory is kind of weird, as no accessory except for the starcloak and similar accessory's have an attack.

Chaos Immortal's summoning staff.png
Magic weapon. Sprite by @Haloboy01134
Damage: 60 (Crowd control)
Speed: about the speed of vile thorn. I don't know how to work the numbers
Knockback: Very weak
Tooltip: The lightning likes to hug everything

This weapon is weird. It shoots out a lightning bolt that has a range of 10 blocks. The lightning bolt has the same style as vile thorn. It can travel through walls, but it doesn't hit multiple times. what it does, is it has the lightning jump from enemy to enemy. If there is another enemy within 10 blocks of the one you hit, the lightning jumps to it, but does only 1/2 the damage. It can jump as many times as it wants, but each time does 1/2 of the damage before. For example, if there is a group of four enemies, the second one will take 1/2, the third will take 1/4 and the fourth will take 1/8. The first enemy you hit also takes all the damage of the previous enemies, so in this scenario, the first enemy will take 15/8 damage of the staff, which is 112.5 damage.

Keep in mind if this sounds over-powered to you, it's meant to be. This boss is post golem.

More drops coming soon
What do you think? please leave feedback, good or bad.

Attachments

• Nova Shield.png
    Nova Shield.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,278
Last edited:
3. during second stage, it will clone and teleport faster. second stage will be activated at half life. but there will be 2 more attacks. occasionally it will stop moving for about 3-5 seconds, and begin to glow yellow. then for 3 seconds it will rush the player over and over about 10 times in that short period. during the rushing it's defense will be 0.
Half-life three confirmed.

On topic: Just like everyone else said, it really just seems to be a more complex version of BoC.

thanks for the feedback, and it kind of does sound like BoC. Do you think it might make a good hardmode boss though?

I could see this working. I can see some vague resemblances, but nothing too big. So, it rapidly teleports, spamming out more of itself, and also spamming out projectiles? This sounds like fun.

This is an actual pretty cool idea! And to be honest i could see this happening i mean we got the destroyer but not the brain counterpart. Not that it needs to be a brain its just that its kinda similar to BoC, yet with tons of twists.
If this were to get added it'd be awesome to see some sprites or drops you imagine it would give.

K, thanks. I'll get to work on the drops, but spriting and balancing is not my strong suit, hence what i said at the very beginning of my post. Any help would be amazing. Thanks for commenting!

Edit: I made my first sprite, how do i post it on my previous post?

Last edited:
If you have nothing constructive to add, do not post at all.
(My first sprite, i hope you like it)
What? What? Am I literally seeing this?

You didn't even try. I'm pretty sure finishing a sprite is NOT in the beginners guide, but this rule is obvious.

Last edited:
Motherboard (mech BoC) confirmed.
Why does everyone have to do that when someone does a BoC alt or something similar!? Just leave it alone and see if the suggestion is good, you didn't even provide criticism.
You didn't even try.
When I first started spriting that's all I could do, so before you go telling people they hardly tried on a sprite, just wait a couple of weeks. They might be making sprites from scratch.

Just some more advice @excession you should add a 3rd option in the poll to see if people like the concept but they feel it should be approached differently.

Why does everyone have to do that when someone does a BoC alt or something similar!? Just leave it alone and see if the suggestion is good, you didn't even provide criticism.

When I first started spriting that's all I could do, so before you go telling people they hardly tried on a sprite, just wait a couple of weeks. They might be making sprites from scratch.
1. He recolored
1.5 He didn't even finish it
2. He used 3 colors
3. It's waay to evident that he used a recolor.

1. He recolored
1.5 He didn't even finish it
2. He used 3 colors
3. It's waay to evident that he used a recolor.
Recoloring is a start.
upload_2015-2-28_7-46-33.png

This sprite was recolored by me and made by @Molos Elethros. Yep it was just a recolor, that was a start though. Also it looks like youre just dissing his sprite right now, why not give some criticism?

Yeah but that's not a complete recolor. The one you made is better because you FINISHED IT.
I didn't recolor mine when I made it. I made that completely from scratch.
If you have something to add to the idea, please do so.
If you're going to be rude and say someone's bad at spriting when you weren't even there when they did it, then leave.

You didn't even try.

I think you didn't try to be respectful in your comments to the OP in this thread. If you have nothing constructive to add, and it would otherwise want to post a disrespectful or hateful comment, refrain from posting it altogether.

You can see this outlined in the new Suggestions- Rules and Guidelines page here, specifically stating
Making snide or sarcastic comments out of an intent to shame the poster in order to express just how much distaste you have for a suggestion just isn't necessary. Remember; you don't have to post. If you do post, you are expected to post constructive content without breaking forum rules.

This is a great concept, but it sounds more like a BoC Mech. boss like everyone said. But you tried your best, and thats a great thing. :D

Back
Top Bottom