Items New Crates

Virukino

Terrarian
(desert) Sandy Crate:
-Some pyramid, underground desert, and normal desert items, like biome stuff. Also hard mode items in hard mode.
(snow) Frozen Crate:
Frozen Crate.png

-Some ice and underground snow biome stuff. Also hard mode items in hard mode.
(ocean) Sea crate:
-ocean stuff? maybe new things?
(underworld) Hell Crate:
-underworld stuff. Also hard mode items in hard mode.
I had a list of things to put in these crates, but I'm too lazy right now.

Wait, what to you mean by stuff?
Please explain what you mean because I have no idea what is actually in these crates from your explanation.
Is there any specific items in mind for these crates?
By the way I like the idea of new crates, but you just need to explain what is actually in them.

Wait, what to you mean by stuff?
Please explain what you mean because I have no idea what is actually in these crates from your explanation.
Is there any specific items in mind for these crates?
By the way I like the idea of new crates, but you just need to explain what is actually in them.
For example, in the frozen crate, you could get a blizzard in a bottle, or possibly a snowball turret thing.
In the desert, maybe a flying carpet.
In the ocean, well, I don't really know.
In the underworld, a possible item would be a flamelash.

For example, in the frozen crate, you could get a blizzard in a bottle, or possibly a snowball turret thing.
In the desert, maybe a flying carpet.
In the ocean, well, I don't really know.
In the underworld, a possible item would be a flamelash.
So let me get this straight, is this what the crates would vaguely drop?

-a chance to drop any main item from frozen chests prehardmode
-a small chance to drop ice sickle, ice feather, frost core and frost staff in hardmode
-a chance to drop any main item from pyramid chest (including all 3 pieces of pharaoh vanity) and mandible blade in prehardmode
-a chance to drop megaphone, blindfold and fast clock in hardmode
- a chance to drop any main item from the water chests and some of the tool fish (sawtooth shark, reaver shark) in prehardmode
- a chance to drop possible new items in hardmode
- a chance to drop any item from shadow chests in prehardmode
-maybe a chance to drop hellstone bars?
-a chance to drop some possible new items in hardmode?
Plus all the ores, bars and potions from normal crates

Last edited:
If it's like it has been described above, then the Bundle of Balloons would be reliably obtainable in a single world.

If it's like it has been described above, then the Bundle of Balloons would be reliably obtainable in a single world.
Yes, but I would like that because bundle o balloons isn't necessarily overpowered, and you almost never get them, so it would be nice to have a bigger chance of getting them

Hellstone ore and bars please. The ore is used for crafting. As for hardmode items: The crate can reward Living Fire Blocks and Fire Feathers.
Maybe could also be expanded to give a chance of rewarding Obsidian, Obsidian Rose, Magma Stone and/or Guide Voodoo Doll. (In normal and hardmode or just hardmode.)

Hellstone ore and bars please. The ore is used for crafting. As for hardmode items: The crate can reward Living Fire Blocks and Fire Feathers.
Maybe could also be expanded to give a chance of rewarding Obsidian, Obsidian Rose, Magma Stone and/or Guide Voodoo Doll. (In normal and hardmode or just hardmode.)
Yeah, living fire and fire feathers sounds good, it's just I didn't want to have the unholy trident because it's pretty rare and the OP wanted to have hardmode items for everything, so I thought that there could be new items

So let me get this straight, is this what the crates would vaguely drop?

-a chance to drop any main item from frozen chests prehardmode
-a small chance to drop ice sickle, ice feather, frost core and frost staff in hardmode
-a chance to drop any main item from pyramid chest (including all 3 pieces of pharaoh vanity) and mandible blade in prehardmode
-a chance to drop megaphone, blindfold and fast clock in hardmode
- a chance to drop any main item from the water chests and some of the tool fish (sawtooth shark, reaver shark) in prehardmode
- a chance to drop possible new items in hardmode
Almost exactly what I was planning. Thanks for writing this out!

I still don't understand why the developers chose to have a dungeon crate over a desert crate.

Sure, let's add a crate for a biome that never contains water and therefore you're going to have a bad time fishing there, and which usually has so many golden chests that you'll most likely get at least one of each item.
Nope, we're not adding a crate for the structure which is by far the rarest thing to generate in a world (many large worlds don't have one, and let's not talk about small and medium worlds), and even if one generates, you won't be able to get all of the possible items because there aren't enough chests there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom