Game Mechanics New event: Cursed/Ichor moon

What do you think?

• Great! I would add it!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Good, not sure if it would work though (Comment what needs tweaking)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Ok, but needs some work (Comment what needs work)

• No, pretty sure this is pretty bad (Comment how you would fix it)

• Horrible, this should never be added as it is (Comment how you would fix it)

• Total voters

The__Bird

Golem
I know what you're thinking (Not really but I always wanted to start a thread with that phrase. Actually lets just forget that first part)

The Cursed/Ichor moons are events that like the crimson/corruption, are different in different worlds. However, here is the twist: The Cursed moon appears in a crimson world, and an Ichor moon appears in a corruption world. This time I really DO know what your thinking, (WHAT?!?!?) but hear me out!

How they spawn
The Cursed/Ichor moons are hardmode events that can spawn on these conditions

-Must be in hardmode
-Must have defeated Plantera
-The world must be more corruption than hallow
And if all those conditions are true, then the Cursed/Ichor moon has a 1/10 chance very night to spawn
Also, if a Cursed/Ichor moon appears on the same night as a blood moon (It can happen) then there will be some more small changes (I'll get into that in a bit)

How they work
The Cursed/Ichor moon adds two new enemies, some interesting aspects to the game, and increases old enemies spawn rates by a whopping 20% (Might be a bit much. I'll wait for your feedback)

'Interesting aspects'
-ALL enemy have a 1/10 chance to affect you with Ichor or Cursed flames (Depending on the event) for 5 seconds
-Occasionally either Ichor drops or Cursed meteors will drop from the sky, and explode dealing 400 damage, and spawning Ichor heads, or Cursed heads depending on the event
-In the corruption, Clingers and World Feeders spawn rates are increased by 40%, and in the Crimson Ichor Sticker's spawn rates are increased by 50% (Depending on the event)
-In the Dungeon, Ichor and Cursed heads will spawn naturally
If a Cursed/Ichor moon and a Blood moon spawn on the same night, then all the changes above will still apply, but the ones below will also apply
-All enemies have a 1/5 chance to infect Ichor or Cursed flames (Depending on the event) for 5
-Clingers, and World Feeders can spawn in every biome, and Ichor Stickers will spawn in every biome (Depending on the event)
-All clowns will destroy blocks like they did before 1.2

Mobs
Ichor head
Damage: 10
Health: 250
Defense: 23

Cursed head
Damage: 30
Health: 200
Defense: 18

Thanks for wasting about a minute of your life on this thread!
Please leave feedback, and tell me if I'm missing anything (I made this late at night so I might be missing some details)

Get rid of the clows being able to break blocks. No matter how rare, that would still be really annoying every time it happens.

'Interesting aspects'
-ALL enemy have a 1/10 chance to affect you with Ichor or Cursed flames (Depending on the event) for 5 seconds
-Occasionally either Ichor drops or Cursed meteors will drop from the sky, and explode dealing 400 damage, and spawning Ichor heads, or Cursed heads depending on the event
-In the corruption, Clingers and World Feeders spawn rates are increased by 40%, and in the Crimson Ichor Sticker's spawn rates are increased by 50% (Depending on the event)
-In the Dungeon, Ichor and Cursed heads will spawn naturally
If a Cursed/Ichor moon and a Blood moon spawn on the same night, then all the changes above will still apply, but the ones below will also apply
-All enemies have a 1/5 chance to infect Ichor or Cursed flames (Depending on the event) for 5
-Clingers, and World Feeders can spawn in every biome, and Ichor Stickers will spawn in every biome (Depending on the event)
-All clowns will destroy blocks like they did before 1.2
What? Is it 1/5 or 1/10?

So basically a way to get crimson materials in a corruption world, or corrupt materials in a crimson world. Cool.

make the spawn rate 10% because that would be overwhelming for those enimies, and make the mob stats the same because its not your fault if its crimson or corruption

Back
Top Bottom