Material
Displays your current luck value

Crafted with 10 Gold/Platinum Bars, 5 Ladybugs, and a White Pearl

F4129428-B13C-494A-96DE-2EC6E5E69E24.png

Infection Scanner
Equipable
Material
Displays the amount of Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow infection around you

Dropped by Devours, Blood Crawlers, and Hardmode Corruption/Crimson/Hallow enemies

B2DF3728-8736-4153-9934-6D9701513191.png

Environmental Indicator
Equipable
Material
Displays the biome(s) you are currently in

Bought from the Zoologist at 35% Bestiary completion

6ABBF8EA-4BAF-4AF4-8263-CE049B94A942.png

Mystic Gadget

Equipable
Material

Displays luck, infection, and current biome

Combination of the Biome Scanner, Infection Locator, and Luck Gauge

Informational Display Icons
9119FD6C-95CA-448B-A824-D0B6696D7E45.png

From left to right: Luck Gauge, Infection Scanner, Environmental Indicator.

These are just the Informational Accessories I think are missing from the game and could be helpful. If you have a better Accessory idea or some feedback on the concept sprites I made please let me know!​

Last edited:
For the Luck display, it would be the least confusing if subtracted 1 from your luck and displayed the value in percents. For example:

No luck: 0% (instead of 1 or 100%)
Only bonus is a placed Gnome: +20% (instead of 1.2 or 120%)
Various bonuses with a resulting luck of 2: +100% (instead of 2 or 200%)

And make the Shellphone even more complex than it already is! I'm up for that challenge.

These are very promising ideas that aren't game-changing, but very convenient to have.

+1 support.

>luck gauge
We already got wizard for that
>infection scanner
We already got dryad for that
>Environmental Indicator
We already got music and backgrounds for that.

>luck gauge
We already got wizard for that
He doesn’t tell you what your exact luck is, instead only saying stuff like “you are giving off a positive/negative energy.” It’s also random dialogue and you have to move him to where you are which is a hassle.

>infection scanner
We already got dryad for that
It doesn’t tell how much infection is in the world, it tells you how much infection is around the player. It would allow you to catch infection that’s just of screen/out of range of the sniper scope.

>Environmental Indicator
We already got music and backgrounds for that.
Honestly, this accessory is the weakest out of the three. I included it because sometimes the music, background, and biome torches can be misleading. It could be replaced by my other informational accessory idea the Creature Tracker or something else if someone has an idea.

Last edited:
View attachment 395667

View attachment 398611
Luck Gauge
Equipable
Material
Displays your current luck value

Crafted with 10 Gold/Platinum Bars, 5 Ladybugs, and a White Pearl

View attachment 398612
Infection Scanner
Equipable
Material
Displays the amount of Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow infection around you

Dropped by Devours, Blood Crawlers, and Hardmode Corruption/Crimson/Hallow enemies

View attachment 398610
Environmental Indicator
Equipable
Material
Displays the biome(s) you are currently in

Bought from the Zoologist at 35% Bestiary completion

View attachment 398609
Mystic Gadget

Equipable
Material

Displays luck, infection, and current biome

Combination of the Biome Scanner, Infection Locator, and Luck Gauge

Informational Display Icons
View attachment 390896
From left to right: Luck Gauge, Infection Scanner, Environmental Indicator.

These are just the Informational Accessories I think are missing from the game and could be helpful. If you have a better Accessory idea or some feedback on the concept sprites I made please let me know!​
I love your spritework! 'tis a very cool concept too :3

the first one is already done by the wizard, who tells you based off dialogue, the second is already done by the dryad, and the third is done by torch luck/the tv head

the first one is already done by the wizard, who tells you based off dialogue, the second is already done by the dryad, and the third is done by torch luck/the tv head
I responded to the exact same critique above lol. The Wizard doesn't tell you your exact luck and you have to move him to your location, the Dryad doesn't tell you how much infection is around you, and the background/biome torches can be unreliable.

Also, following your logic, we shouldn't need watches because we have placable clocks, the Sextant because we can just look at the moon, or the Tally Counter because we have the bestiary. The idea we can't have new informational accessories because we can get the same info elsewhere is silly.

Back
Top Bottom