Mobile new to game looking for advise

Knowing how I am with these types of open ended games over time I will make each class to play. Not trying to age myself but back in the days of D&D/AD&D Ranger was one of my favorite classes to play.

Be careful when choosing your class, I have found it is hard to depart from melee items and armor in order to complete my Ranger Playthrough (so far i have defeated skeletron)

Be careful when choosing your class, I have found it is hard to depart from melee items and armor in order to complete my Ranger Playthrough (so far i have defeated skeletron)

Good to know for sure. I have messed around with a cheesy bow so far and targeting can be an issue I think so it will be sometime before I adventure into that realm. Farming materials now for a homebase construction and the grind is real. Mining goes slow LOL

I know this is off-topic sorta but HOW COOL IS IT that this guy enjoys playing games with his kid?

It's just the kinda thing that warms the heart, really...

As a divorced parent who gets his son during his summer break and the weekends during the school year I try to make sure I involve myself in whatever it is he likes to do. Being that I love video games myself growing up on the OG Atari, commodore 64 etc... This appeals to me anyhow. Thank you for noticing this it is very cool.

As a divorced parent who gets his son during his summer break and the weekends during the school year I try to make sure I involve myself in whatever it is he likes to do. Being that I love video games myself growing up on the OG Atari, commodore 64 etc... This appeals to me anyhow. Thank you for noticing this it is very cool.
You're a good man, Charlie Brown. B)

In other news, damn. Yer son gifted you a Specter Set right off the bat? It's easily one of the best sets in the game. I think he really wanted to make sure you came away with a good impression. If you wear the Specter Hood instead of the Specter Mask (I'm not sure which headpart he gave you), the hood grants healing when you land successful magic attacks on your enemies.

But, really? I think this is the best advice, right here.
Ask him to start a new world with you, experiences are best together

Terraria really IS a fun game on the whole. Go ahead and try starting a new world together! The going is a little slow in the beginning (and honestly I always cheat myself in some running shoes, a magic mirror and one of the double-jump bottles), but it's still fun to make that progression with friends (or in your case, family).

I actually think that you should create small house shacks. Building is a pain early game. Once you get endgame, there are tools that are unbelievably fast when it comes to mining and chopping trees.

I agree many new characters and worlds I have deleted due to poor housing. Just don't bother with NPCS for now unless you really need the loot. ((such as Minishark))

If you are tending on having NPCs, than make a sky base

If you found some gravitational potions, you can always explore the sky and find sky islands, then simply light up the small houses and for a bonus, you can find good stuff inside the sky chests.
There are usually around 2-4 sky islands in mobile. Can save you some time constructing the small wooden shacks.

So I am hoping to build my base of operations around or in the ocean. Thinking the treasure vault/trophy room underwater with my merchant village starting just above the surface of the ocean. In my new pre-HM world the ocean is right next to the jungle so I think it will work out kinda cool. Grabbed some flippers in a chest at the bottom of the ocean and killed a shark for a diving helm so this seems pretty doable. Wish me luck with this adventure hopefully I do not die too many times from drowning lol.

So I am hoping to build my base of operations around or in the ocean. Thinking the treasure vault/trophy room underwater with my merchant village starting just above the surface of the ocean. In my new pre-HM world the ocean is right next to the jungle so I think it will work out kinda cool. Grabbed some flippers in a chest at the bottom of the ocean and killed a shark for a diving helm so this seems pretty doable. Wish me luck with this adventure hopefully I do not die too many times from drowning lol.
U can do it!

Spent a few hours farming sand to make glass and robbing other mats from worlds to get my start on this. Will post some screens later during my lunch hour. It is unique and rather plain but seems to be functional for now. Building on a LG G4 is time consuming even with the 5+" screen.

Screenshot_2015-07-09-12-12-40.png
Screenshot_2015-07-09-12-13-08.png
Screenshot_2015-07-09-12-13-31.png

Fun to blow stuff up and pillage from worlds you are not going to keep. I really want something lighter as a wall in the apartments tho. Pearlwood stuff might work but it is hard to come by in worlds it seems or at least the ones I started. Some of this stuff will be changed out and rearranged but I was getting sleepy lol

Really fun water house you have there. Love to see new players enjoying Terraria so much. ~:)

You can always craft yourself some holy water then throw them into regular trees to get hallowed wood fairly easily.

Fun to blow stuff up and pillage from worlds you are not going to keep. I really want something lighter as a wall in the apartments tho. Pearlwood stuff might work but it is hard to come by in worlds it seems or at least the ones I started. Some of this stuff will be changed out and rearranged but I was getting sleepy lol
Yeah, Pearlwood is actually a mid/hard mode material once the Wall of Flesh has been defeated. Once things get light bright and fluffy (you'll know when you see it), you're gonna find pearlwood in the area.

The irony is that on mobile that wood is barely any better than the wood armor you could've made at the start of the game if you REALLY hated farming. I remember being so excited for it too...

It is rather pretty though.

Back
Top Bottom