Items New uses for single-purposed Pumpkin Moon ammunition

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
I made this in response to @Lecic's thread about changing these ammo types to transforming ammo, and decided it would be best for these ideas to have their own thread to get attention after making a post within the thread.

For each of these new ideas, the current means of buying these is changed. They will still be sold by the Arms dealer when the player owns their respective weapon, but no longer by the Witch Doctor under the same circumstances. They will have their own unique ways of being obtained.

Candy_Corn.png
Candy Corn
Candy_Corn.png

The most obvious thing to do with these it to make them edible, of course! They're candy! Perfect for munching on!

@Baconfry has a suggestion about adding Corn Syrup which would make them craftable, and about giving them a new "Sugar Rush" buff. In case that doesn't make it, though, I've come up with an alternative. When consumed, a Candy Corn would heal 5 HP, provide 15 seconds of Well Fed, and cause 10 seconds of Potion Sickness. If my suggestion for a new food system is added, it would proved the Full debuff instead of Potion Sickness. They would be sold by the Merchant at Night during a Full or New Moon. During Halloween, they will always be sold, and could also be found in stacks of 10-40 from Goodie Bags.

Explosive_Jack_%27O_Lantern.png
Explosive Jack 'O Lanterns

This one is simple. You should be able to fire these out of a normal Cannon (as opposed to a Bunny Cannon). They are exactly like Cannonballs except they bounce a lot and explode on impact with an enemy. This is simply because they are round, explosive, and dangerous, which makes them perfect candidates for Cannon ammo. These would permanently be sold by the Demolitionist and the Pirate at night after reaching Wave 8 in the Pumpkin Moon.

Another possible use for these would be to place them as explosive tiles. They would behave like Explosives blocks, have a blast power equivalent to Dynamite, and not be destructive to tiles. (Thanks go to Zeno_magatama for the idea!)

Stake.png
Stakes
Stake.png

I couldn't really think of a use for these besides being placeable like Spikes and dealing damage to enemies who make contact. Unlike Spikes, they would connect to neighboring blocks instead of resting on them with their, well, spikes. They would permanently be sold by the Witch Doctor after reaching Wave 7 in the Pumpkin Moon.

That's about it. Feedback is appreciated! If you have more ideas for possible uses, feel free to post them! :happy:

Last edited:
I made this in response to @Lecic's thread about removing these ammo types, and decided it would be best for these ideas to have their own thread to get attention.

Candy_Corn.png
Candy Corn
Candy_Corn.png

The most obvious thing to do with these it to make them edible, of course! They're candy! Perfect for munching on!

@Baconfry has a suggestion about adding Corn Syrup which would make them craftable, and about giving them a new "Sugar Rush" buff. In case that doesn't make it, though, I've come up with an alternative. When consumed, a Candy Corn would heal 5 HP, provide 15 seconds of Well Fed, and cause 10 seconds of Potion Sickness. If my suggestion for a new food system is added, it would proved the Full debuff instead of Potion Sickness. They would be sold by the Merchant at Night during a Full or New Moon. During Halloween, they will always be sold, and could also be found in stacks of 10-40 from Goodie Bags.

Explosive Jack 'O Lanterns

This one is simple. You should be able to fire these out of a normal Cannon (as opposed to a Bunny Cannon). They are exactly like Cannonballs except they bounce a lot and explode on impact with an enemy. This is simply because they are round, explosive, and dangerous, which makes them perfect candidates for Cannon ammo. These would permanently be sold by the Demolitionist and the Pirate at night after reaching Wave 8 in the Pumpkin Moon.

Stake.png
Stakes
Stake.png

I couldn't really think of a use for these besides being placeable like Spikes and dealing damage to enemies who make contact. Unlike Spikes, they would connect to neighboring blocks instead of resting on them with their, well, spikes. They would permanently be sold by the Witch Doctor after reaching Wave 7 in the Pumpkin Moon.

That's about it. Feedback is appreciated! If you have more ideas for possible uses, feel free to post them! :happy:

I agree about the first two, but I'd like to keep the Stakes the same.

I still disagree on these using unique ammo types, but I don't think I'm going to be able to convince you otherwise, seeing as my points are already in the other thread and you disagreed with them.

Your changes to the ammo would still be nice, though.

Would Candy Corn use the hotkey? I hope it doesn´t so that, once it can be actually used as ammo, it won´t cause ammo (Admittingly, a bit of it) to be used up unwillingly.
As for the stakes, they should be placed in blocks, rather than on/next to/below them like most blocks do. In order for that to even make sense, they would fall down if the block they are in is broken, or becomes inactive, allowing for a trap that uses falling stakes.

Would Candy Corn use the hotkey? I hope it doesn´t so that, once it can be actually used as ammo, it won´t cause ammo (Admittingly, a bit of it) to be used up unwillingly.
Whatever works best (assuming these changes are made). If this is actually a problem, then it would either be made no longer a problem or they wouldn't do it in the first place.
As for the stakes, they should be placed in blocks, rather than on/next to/below them like most blocks do. In order for that to even make sense, they would fall down if the block they are in is broken, or becomes inactive, allowing for a trap that uses falling stakes.
To be honest, if someone really wanted to make a falling Stake trap, they'd be better off using Lihzahrd Spear traps instead.

Whatever works best (assuming these changes are made). If this is actually a problem, then it would either be made no longer a problem or they wouldn't do it in the first place.

To be honest, if someone really wanted to make a falling Stake trap, they'd be better off using Lihzahrd Spear traps instead.

Still think the Stake should be staying as it is.

Althrough that depends on the height, and as to wheter or not the falling stakes would accelerate and deal more damage while falling, in which case, it would be more useful.

Last edited:
Althrough that depends on the height, and as to wheter or not the falling stakes would accelerate and dela more damage while falling, in which case, it would be more useful.
I don't think any 1-use trap can be better than an array of similar traps that can be used every 5 seconds. :l

I don't think any 1-use trap can be better than an array of similar traps that can be used every 5 seconds. :l
I guess that, they would deal damage directly proportional to their fall distance, which would mean that, like Boulders, they would be able to end up dealing massive damage.

A really, really good idea in my eyes, really brings up the ammo you might never use to some use right? Altough i do have an idea you could use, instead of just being able to launch them from cannon, why not make them placeable pumpkin bombs that explade and deal their damage in the explosion to any enemy/player that comes across its radius? Maybe you'd have to wire them or something, either way thats my 2 cents. +1.

Altough i do have an idea you could use, instead of just being able to launch them from cannon, why not make them placeable pumpkin bombs that explade and deal their damage in the explosion to any enemy/player that comes across its radius? Maybe you'd have to wire them or something.
Sounds cool! Maybe they could work like Explosive Blocks that don't damage tiles... great idea! :D

I don't know if they should always explode within a certain radius, though that would be possible if I got this suggestion into the game:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-proximity-detectors-no-contact-required.976/

A really, really good idea in my eyes, really brings up the ammo you might never use to some use right? Altough i do have an idea you could use, instead of just being able to launch them from cannon, why not make them placeable pumpkin bombs that explade and deal their damage in the explosion to any enemy/player that comes across its radius? Maybe you'd have to wire them or something, either way thats my 2 cents. +1.

Mmm... well maybe not the radius part, but how about simply wiring them to platforms, or even just wiring them to than clicking something to trigger them. And yeah basicly non tile destructive explosives is what i was getting at :p

First, are these all purchasable from the Arms Dealer?

Second of all, I had two ideas for Stakes:
  • Equipping them as an accessory to fend against undead
  • Being usable with any repeater
I figured using them as a throwable weapon/shortsword would be pointless, considering the Launcher is far more powerful.

First, are these all purchasable from the Arms Dealer?

Second of all, I had two ideas for Stakes:
  • Equipping them as an accessory to fend against undead
  • Being usable with any repeater
I figured using them as a throwable weapon/shortsword would be pointless, considering the Launcher is far more powerful.
They will still be sold by the Arms dealer when the player owns their respective weapon,
And, as for being able to use them on any repeater, that would take away the Stake Launcher´s unique effect of being, as it´s name outright states, the only weapon (As for this writing, in case any new weapons that use them are added at some point) that shoots them.

I would have thought it would be cool to have a stationary stake launcher thing like the cannon. With the addition of torches so the stakes are ignited when fired from it.

Either way I support this.

Back
Top Bottom