tModLoader Nightmares Unleashed! Throwing weapons, bosses, minibosses, items, and more to come!

DreamOfNightmares

Skeletron Prime
Hello! This is Psychotic. I'm in the process of making a Terraria mod, that I hope in time will not feel like a mod, but more of a dlc, something that flushes out the base game even more.

This mod currently has;
- 10 unique bosses, 5 pre-hardmode, 4 hardmode, 1 true final boss (Tested with all endgame classes so it's very fair, just very difficult!)
- 7 minibosses, 3 pre-hardmode, 4 hardmode
- 144 items
- 13 enemies
- Extended throwing class
- The new final boss is spawned with materials obtained through Solar Eclipses, Alien Invasions, Pirate Invasions, Duke Fishron and both of the holiday themed moon events.
- Boss Checklist support!

Planned content;
- 16 bosses in total
- Lots more minibosses (Minimum 10)
- Tons more items (Hopefully a few hundred)
- Another tier to the endgame
- More regular npc's to flush out the game a bit (Hopefully at least 50)
- Extend the throwing class to hardmode (About 90% done)

jUpb1XA.png

0IPv3NH.png

DT9x3Xx.png

The Antlion Queen!
PuQRVh4.png

The Goblin King!
qayJBBL.png

Clampula!
daMWEKI.png

The Mother Spitter!
EGPH90g.png

QDol80Y.png

Ichor Blaster! (Crimson)
CBfpiT6.png

Grasper! (Corruption)
zYEWo65.png

The Gimimmick!
VSnmCpQ.png

The Behemoth!
KjqR1Tr.png

The Void Marshall!
97Gfu1x.png

Here's a picture with a good chunk of the items from the mod... feel free to search this!
Xlcd1hA.png

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to fleshing out the wiki but this is the link to what is there currently.
http://nightmares-unleashed.wikia.c...of_a_Terraria_Modification_by_Psychotic._Wiki

Thank you for reading this post! Enjoy playing Terraria everyone! :)
I apologize for the Cheat Sheet mod in the screenshots, I need that for testing everything. It's not a part of my mod. It's also found on the Mod Browser.

I attached the current version of the mod as a zip file for those who can't obtain it on the mod browser for any reason.

EvjtPQ7.gif

Gameraiders101 made a pretty awesome animated banner shown above, you can get it right here!

Code:
[url="http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/48306/"][img]http://i.imgur.com/EvjtPQ7.gif[/img][/url]

If anyone would like to, I would be more than happy to use a fan made banner as well!

Attachments

• TrueEaterV1.6.7.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,220
Last edited:
i have tried this mod before this forum post existed, and it is fairly decent, however i do have some problems with it:

zombie brutes do spawn quite often (as said above) and its charging attack is insane, often to the point if its far enough off screen that it will move so fast its almost invisible from its sheer speed, one other small annoyance is that all natural spawning enemies can spawn near NPC's which can be a real hassle to deal with.

other than those problems i enjoyed the small amount of time i had with this mod, should those problems be fixed or adjusted then i would be glad to give the mod another go.

EDIT: as to the zombie charging problem, maybe have its speed capped down so it does little lunges at you instead of the giant leaps, therefore still being a threat, without the insane speed it gets.

i have tried this mod before this forum post existed, and it is fairly decent, however i do have some problems with it:

zombie brutes do spawn quite often (as said above) and its charging attack is insane, often to the point if its far enough off screen that it will move so fast its almost invisible from its sheer speed, one other small annoyance is that all natural spawning enemies can spawn near NPC's which can be a real hassle to deal with.

other than those problems i enjoyed the small amount of time i had with this mod, should those problems be fixed or adjusted then i would be glad to give the mod another go.

EDIT: as to the zombie charging problem, maybe have its speed capped down so it does little lunges at you instead of the giant leaps, therefore still being a threat, without the insane speed it gets.

I believe adding a speed cap, and making it so it jumps a little bit over half as far, would be substantial enough to make it still a fair threat, but not what it is.

Tried this mod before the thread existed, and I can say: I love it.
Made it into my top 10 mods list, might be in top 5 if all 16 bosses are done.
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it so much. :)

does the mod work in multiplayer?

Yeah, though some of the bosses are a *little* bit buggy, where some of their minions spawn on the other screen. (What I mean is one screen has minions the other doesn't) It's easy to fix that though, just kill the enemy on whichever screen it's on. Otherwise it works fairly well in multiplayer :)

This mod was pleasant to me too.
p.s. My English is very poor.
It would be desirable to offer an idea with the advent of zombe brutes after Skeletron murder, even if to reduce a chance of his emergence, he is too dangerous enemy for the player with the weak weapon and an armor.

This mod was pleasant to me too.
p.s. My English is very poor.
It would be desirable to offer an idea with the advent of zombe brutes after Skeletron murder, even if to reduce a chance of his emergence, he is too dangerous enemy for the player with the weak weapon and an armor.

That actually may be a much better idea in terms of when he starts spawning. I'll have that fixed for the next update. :)

Say, is it possible to have a version of this mod where yoyos are still melee? I really like my modded yoyos and have a primarily melee setup.

Say, is it possible to have a version of this mod where yoyos are still melee? I really like my modded yoyos and have a primarily melee setup.
At the moment, no. I may add an option in the future if it's possible though, but I believe yoyos are more of a thrown weapon than a melee. I'll attempt to add an option for that! :)

Yo-yo really a few dishonest weapon. In a look of that a close combat weapon. I agree, he suits the category more throwing as the yo-yo and a lot of armor it is dishonest.
So personally I like this change of the yo-yo.

It seems there's a bug with damage. Some blocks for some reason deal ranged damage. Like I'll enable this mod and blocks will deal ranged damage. It might be because of other mods interfering. But I'm not 100% sure.

The mama spitter does not work in Multiplayer. It shows the boss leave the screen as the mobs shoot at us. After we kill the 3 minions the boss despawned.

The mama spitter does not work in Multiplayer. It shows the boss leave the screen as the mobs shoot at us. After we kill the 3 minions the boss despawned.
Huh. Thank you for letting me know. Interesting bug, though I have experienced it. But only when I spawned it. When someone else spawned it, it was fine. I'll look into the AI a bit more. :)

Could there please be a feature where the range damage will only be shown under a certain condition?
I really like the mod but I hate having text walls :/
Yeah, I will look at the code for the flamethrower to see how they got the gel to only show the ranged damage in certain criteria :)

Back
Top Bottom